Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Computer Problems

KyntorKyntor Member Posts: 280

I am trying to fix a relative's and fellow gamer's computer.  She is having a real annoying issue where her screen will blink and eventually freeze up.  It seems to be only happening when she is playing a game.  I figure that it is either a heat issue with her graphics card or an issue with her power supply. 

Can anyone think of anything else? 

"Those who dislike things based only on the fact that they are popular are just as shallow and superficial as those who only like them for the same reason."

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

Always hard to diagnose a comp prob with little information, but yes this can easily be a heat issue and have seen this happen many times especially  if it only happens while playing games (when GPU is being pushed the most). Depending on how old board is alot have onboard graphics, have you tried to enable that to test?..

Hope this helps some but in the end from what you say best option is to try another Gcard if poss then go from that

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Open up the case and clean any dust out of there that has gathered on the cpu & graphics card heatsink / fans.  Clean all dust from case vents.  Ensure that the video card is secure in it's slot and that all fans are working.  Run anti-virus, anti-spyware & a good registry cleaner then try the machine.  Also post her system specs here so that we can advise you better.

• xingshizhenjxingshizhenj Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Kyntor

I am trying to fix a relative's and fellow gamer's computer.  She is having a real annoying issue where her screen will blink and eventually freeze up.  It seems to be only happening when she is playing a game.  I figure that it is either a heat issue with her graphics card or an issue with her power supply. 

You got it……lol

• jianrenjianren Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by xingshizhenj

Originally posted by Kyntor

You got it……lol

well

• jaysinsjaysins Member UncommonPosts: 107

A good dusting may be the answer if it is really clogged.