Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 years

Has it been 10 years ?

ouch

any of the old gang around   post here

Carter  retired GM

Comments

• waltercrosswaltercross Member Posts: 3

I've played The Realm for about 9 out of 11 years, the realm is older then 10 years though.

• BuckoBucko Member Posts: 8

They have some long time GMs still around such as Griffy (she was a mentor at one time) and Ceanna. I think Elsinore left not too long ago but I'm not sure. I'll ask in game for ya Carter (That was your GM name, right?).

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

I played The Realm back before the huge overhall which expanded the game considerably.  I then played for a bit once they updated it all.  I discovered the crafting experience exploit, leveled so incredibly quickly off of it that people noticed and complained.  The experience for crafting was massively reduced and I pretty much stopped playing. :P

• metrix_vladmetrix_vlad Member Posts: 1

i say i remember this game way back. i think i first saw it prolly in... hmmm yea either 96 or 97.... i've played on and off(mostly because i was only 11 in 96) for a while but this game still rocks even though its 90's tech. Couldn't this be condidered either the oldest MMO or Longest Played??? if not what beats it?

• eldanlocoeldanloco Member Posts: 210

My dad got this game for us when it was in alpha testing.  It was the coolest thing I'd ever played back in the day and still holds a place in my heart.  I wish they did more with this game...  All I ever heard was *soon*!  The mists will be lifted *soon*!  Updates *soon*...  Here we sit in 2008 and there are very very few differences between now and like 10 years ago.  There are a handful of new places, new items, and... that's about it.  This game needs to be sent to a developer that actually cares enough about the game to do something major with it.

I was named HolyAvenger, Link, and a few other names.  I was one of the founders, and this game is timeless.  I will never forget you The Realm.

--------------------------------
    Darkfall: December or vaporware!

• elp19527elp19527 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I played the original game. The whole that it was up. I just someone has the original work page they had where you could keep up to date on each character and were they stood, such as: clothing, spells learned, skill levels, etc.