Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warhammer and peacecraft

13»

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Originally posted by strategy

Originally posted by arthen999

Actually no more so than Warcraft was in its first months . Wow definatly is more slick but it should be its several years old now . There are a few things in Warhammer that need to be sorted out . Such as allowing player to enter balltegrounds (senarios) in the middle of public quest areas . You must ve only played tier 1 and maybe a little of tier 2 . I ve had no porblem finding people to pve quest with or do world pvp with . The problem also it being the first month many people were still sussing out the game and took the fastest leveling option . Thats starting to change a lot now .Give Warhammer 6 months and it ll be every bit a slick as Warcraft is now and be there ready and waiting to snap up all wow players bored with the new content .
    IMO it is as good as wow was in its first year . Once theres a free trial i think it will proberbly get 1-2 million subs by the end of its first year .Nowhere near as good as wow but still the strongest competition to date .
    As for the wowkiller well thats a few years away i think . It ll only come when we all have a lot faster pcs and can play a game that makes wow look like ultima looks now in comparison .
    Till then Warhammer and Warcraft will be the two biggest beasts in the jungle .

Unbelievable that  War pushers still want to hang their bandwagon on to Wow.

Still dreaming of 1 - 2 million subscriptions while only 6 weeks after launch the servers are already merged.

http://www.xfire.com/games/who/Warhammer_Online_Age_of_Reckoning/

The game is out of everything at the moment and people just don't like to play it.

Here is the stats of the MMO's top being played.

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

And the free trial period n EU isn't even over for the CE editions....That's for next week.

800 K accounted created and 60% drops in population after ... 6 weeks.

Like I said earlier: they better fire the War PvP animation team and take a good look at the polishment of that other game they so much wanted to be like ...

Sad, very sad.

I hope you understand that after this winter the War beast will be the size of a frog (IF EA still wants it to be alive in 10 months). Just have a look at that press release of EA. Very telling about War (biggest launch in EA history they thought... well it's not even close to other games EA released and it is mentioned in their press statement).

give up on xfire stats people. i dont even use mine anymore. i think alot of the drop in xfire stats is because people quit using it. i still play war but stopped using xfire.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I think that the ratings for games in development reflect more what people are hoping the games will be than what they actually are. Thus the so called hype is created.

You are right in parts. WAR has issues (and I don't think loading screens is one of them, the slow responsive combat is a bigger issue than the flightmasters getting you instantly from one spot to the other instead of waiting for the duration of the flght) (for the record, I think WoW decision to teleport you from Ironforge to the Sunwell Island was a good one. The reverse flight path is a 10+ minutes snore).

But the "We have huge number of subscriptions thus our game is good" argument is thin. Not because the game is bad, far from it. But because it implies that choices and diversity in a gender that desperate needs them are unnecessary. They are not. As there people who play WoW because they can't find a better choice, there are others who would rather play mediocre games than play WoW. Both are unhappy. And both give the game in development high hype rankings.

WoW has as you pointed out in other threads the majority of the market money. They don't need supporters. They already have more than it's healthy for the diversity of this gender. The people who are attempting to create something different (and yes, a lot of times fail) need our support. Even the best food in the world starts to taste bad if that's the only thing you eat every day of the year. So, I think you should acknowledge that this site is actually doing the gender a service by promoting diversity. Eventually we will have it. But not if we burry our heads in the ground and refuse to at least give a try to MMOs trying to develop something different than what WoW has already established.

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

WoW's still a good game, PvP in WoW just doesn't do it for me however.

WAR even with it's flaws has a few factors that keep me playing.

PvP leveling, prolific open world RvR, collision detection, living guilds, keep/fortress sieges, capturable battlefield objectives, true Oceanic based servers (not just a rename/retime),Oceanic maintenance time separate, quick response to bugs, developers post on forums keep the game improving at rapid pace.

WAR has the potential to be a great RvR game and a very different game from WoW. Sure it has bugs but wow had a ton of bugs when it released I remember, many server crashes, no endgame purposeful PvP and a broken MC. Even in DAOC RvR took quite a while to build up and become truly phenomenal. I'm sure lots of people will keep playing both for quite a while as long as they keep adding content.

I agree with Xasapas, good competition is needed to bolster the market into innovative approaches and new content.  In the end it just benefits the consumer.  Only consumers who are fools avidly cheer for a monopoly in any system.

Both games will feed off each other I'm sure. I'm just glad there is a good PvP/RvR alternative with the possibility of massive battles to fully utilise MMO PvP even if there are blind haters/fanbois posting on multiple accounts using only the bad stats/reviews and ignoring the good ones.

In the end their true character will shine through as the multi-account sad people have only their own shame to bathe in.

Bring the 'Massive' back to MMO PvP FTW.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I wouldn't mention patch 2.3 as a successful patch. TBC was broken beyond Karazhan and Blizzard released the game in this broken state knowlingly. I know this because I was part of a progressive guild and we hit face first on a wall of broken itemisation and broken encounters. Patch 2.3 was how the expansion should have been released in the first place. Blizzard was no different than every other MMO developer in this regard, delivering a half finished product.

The majority of people never actually understood this, it only affected the top end guilds. So marketing wise it was a good choice I guess. But the fact remains that they did release the first expansion in a partially finished state. I doubt I will manage to see the same issues repeated in the new expansion, because this time around I'm playing very casually.

I assure you that I never thought about leaving the game before the time when I was waiting for the patch 2.3 to get imlemented and fixed the broken state of raiding at the time. Now that I think about it, BWL was also broken when first implemented as well. Lag was so unbearable and people were losing connection left and right, that it made the game unplayable.

What I'm trying to say is that Blizzard is no different than any other developer. The game has and will have issues (I'll keep watch of my old guild, want to bet that the first 25 man dungeons will be broken?)(Maybe not Naxxramas since it's repeated content). It has less issues than the rest of the games out there. Or perhaps (and here is where the truth lies in my opinion), the positive aspects far outweight the negative ones for a lot of people, thus people tolerate any problems they experience.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Xasapis

I think that the ratings for games in development reflect more what people are hoping the games will be than what they actually are. Thus the so called hype is created.
    You are right in parts. WAR has issues (and I don't think loading screens is one of them, the slow responsive combat is a bigger issue than the flightmasters getting you instantly from one spot to the other instead of waiting for the duration of the flght) (for the record, I think WoW decision to teleport you from Ironforge to the Sunwell Island was a good one. The reverse flight path is a 10+ minutes snore).
    But the "We have huge number of subscriptions thus our game is good" argument is thin. Not because the game is bad, far from it. But because it implies that choices and diversity in a gender that desperate needs them are unnecessary. They are not. As there people who play WoW because they can't find a better choice, there are others who would rather play mediocre games than play WoW. Both are unhappy. And both give the game in development high hype rankings.
    WoW has as you pointed out in other threads the majority of the market money. They don't need supporters. They already have more than it's healthy for the diversity of this gender. The people who are attempting to create something different (and yes, a lot of times fail) need our support. Even the best food in the world starts to taste bad if that's the only thing you eat every day of the year. So, I think you should acknowledge that this site is actually doing the gender a service by promoting diversity. Eventually we will have it. But not if we burry our heads in the ground and refuse to at least give a try to MMOs trying to develop something different than what WoW has already established.

100% Agreed. I am no idiot.

But don't forget technically basic Wow = 7 for me, TBC was 8 (personal dragon flights,badges, heroics, arena, crafts) and  patch 2.3 was 9. So Wow is NOT a fixed world either. Those who left in 2006 don't even know what a daily heroic dungeon is now, the badge drops, the daily open world PvP quests...

And this last year - past the hyped launches - the competition looked worse than ever.

• klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103

I'm getting sick of all the WAR fanboys posting crap saying that WAR is good and it just needs a chance. I just need to rant a little bit.

This constant action all of them talk about? What ACTION? There is no action. I played for two weeks on one of the highest population realms and world PVP was NON-EXISTANT. I always has to queue for the scenarios to find any sort of pvp ACTION you speak of.

Leveling is dull and boring and catered to fit the life style of a mentally hadicap person that can't read. You're told specifically where to go for each quest by a little red highlighted area on the map, making the quests even MORE dumbed down and dull. I got to level 19 before I wanted to kill my self.

Graphics and crap and the game runs like crap on high settings ( YES I WANT TO PLAY A GAME ON HIGH SETTINGS ) Stop telling me to turn the graphics down to shit so it can run super smooth. If I'm going to play a game for a long time, I want it too look pleasing to the eye. Warrhammer does not look good, it simply does not. I once had a player tell me in-game that WAR's graphics were vastly superior to WOW's because THE CHARACTER BLINK. If this is the only reason WAR players can come up with to make it seem like it has good graphics... my god.

Giving out a free trial to people is just going to hurt the game. Yes people will try it out for themselves, but those same people will further proove the facts all over the internet (WAR is crap, and always will be crap)

That's about it, none of that is really in any order, I just had to get some of this off my chest. I should probably stop reading posts like this one.

• strategystrategy Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by klemmbob

I'm getting sick of all the WAR fanboys posting crap saying that WAR is good and it just needs a chance. I just need to rant a little bit.
    This constant action all of them talk about? What ACTION? There is no action. I played for two weeks on one of the highest population realms and world PVP was NON-EXISTANT. I always has to queue for the scenarios to find any sort of pvp ACTION you speak of.
    Leveling is dull and boring and catered to fit the life style of a mentally hadicap person that can't read. You're told specifically where to go for each quest by a little red highlighted area on the map, making the quests even MORE dumbed down and dull. I got to level 19 before I wanted to kill my self.
    Graphics and crap and the game runs like crap on high settings ( YES I WANT TO PLAY A GAME ON HIGH SETTINGS ) Stop telling me to turn the graphics down to shit so it can run super smooth. If I'm going to play a game for a long time, I want it too look pleasing to the eye. Warrhammer does not look good, it simply does not. I once had a player tell me in-game that WAR's graphics were vastly superior to WOW's because THE CHARACTER BLINK. If this is the only reason WAR players can come up with to make it seem like it has good graphics... my god.
    Giving out a free trial to people is just going to hurt the game. Yes people will try it out for themselves, but those same people will further proove the facts all over the internet (WAR is crap, and always will be crap)

That's about it, none of that is really in any order, I just had to get some of this off my chest. I should probably stop reading posts like this one.

Welcome to the club. To some we are all the same I just read. All assimilated by Blizzard :).  I just read a fantastic piece from Azrile on the AoC forums. If he's right we can predict War's future, simply by watching Xfire.

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

I recently quit WAR and resubbed to WoW. I gave the game a chance, I really did, and I have no technical complaints about the game. Mythic delivered exactly what they promised, and I have no ill will towards them for it. Maybe one day I'll try the game again if they add more features.

And that's really why I just couldn't take it anymore. As repetitive as WoW might become, WAR gameplay seems pointless and repetitive beyond belief. Playing the same scenarios with the same idiots who don't understand how group based PVP works quickly gets old fast. 

It's no secret t hat WAR's population numbers are falling fast, promting server mergers. This is problematic because you HAVE to keep up a PVP level in order to get new gear. That might be the worst part about the game.