Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An other guild wars clone.

Comments

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Star Wars: The Old Republic » An other guild wars clone.

If this is going to be "another" guildwars clone, then please point me in the direction of all these other guildwars clones,  I don't think you will be able to though because I don't know of any and if I did I'd probably be playing them.

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107

People talking about how this game is going to be a clone of that etc, etc. and so I feel that Yoda said it best....

Begun, the clone war has!

*snicker* I couldn't resist.

And as for the style of the game, does it really matter? All games are similar in some way or another and even moresoe in MMO's! All game features in MMO's can be traced back to another game, and there are very few innovative features anymore.

xXSeraphielXx

• WolfkroneWolfkrone Member Posts: 116

NO it is a CLONE OF KOTOR dotn u see cuz thay copid name from KOTOR HOW DAR THAY!

Tried: WoW
    Played: EQ, EQII, AO, SWG, NGE-SWG, LoTRO, WAR, Vanguard, Eve, WWIIOL, Guild Wars, Darkfall, AoC.
    Playing: DAoC.
    Waiting For: SW:TOR.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

OP:

This is the most bizarre thread ever created.

When hell freezes over and pigs fly jet planes, maby this will be a GW clone. GW clone? COME ON! That makes NO sence whatsoever. How could this become similar to the best PvP game made to date? When it's a PvE centric game?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Do you guys think it will be a GW clone or a WOW clone?

Or maybe, just maybe, it will be a unique game that stands on its own?

Stranger things have happened.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Gold4754Gold4754 Member Posts: 39

well i hope the lvl system is sumthing like Wonderland's system. You have lvls but your skills have lvls also but make it more bout the skill lvl then charater lvl. so if its like this it wont be a WoW clone,but i dont know bout GW cuz i never played that...

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168

I said it would be like GW in a joking way before the official announcement, but now I''m picturing a game closer to DDO/CoV/SWG with Star Wars story the way only BioWare can deliver.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by tillamook

I said it would be like GW in a joking way before the official announcement, but now I''m picturing a game closer to DDO/CoV/SWG with Star Wars story the way only BioWare can deliver.

I'm thinking more WAR with a cartoon starwarsy feel .  

I also said a while back before anything official came about was that for all we know this could be guildwars in space....I really would prefer to be wrong on both counts.

• PinkCatPinkCat Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by DuraheLL

OP:

When hell freezes over and pigs fly jet planes, maby this will be a GW clone. GW clone? COME ON! That makes NO sence whatsoever. How could this become similar to the best PvP game made to date? When it's a PvE centric game?

I too am just as  by the OP's take on things.  I nearly choked to death on a toke reading this.

-----------------------
    ...I'm in your panties

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    Originally posted by PinkCat

OP:

I too am just as  by the OP's take on things.  I nearly choked to death on a toke reading this.

Always wondered if you were smoking something, now I know

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GylfiGylfi Member UncommonPosts: 708

I played starwars of the old republic series and it was good. Now, when i see this game as a mmorpg, i think it will be exacly like guild wars. I just hope it wont be like the old old republic from the series with the rock paper scisors systeme. It was so stupid. Only the story was good.
    Anyway, if starwars will be pay to play, i will not pay because i hate guild wars. Even if it become a wow clone, i will not play too because i hate wow.
    If it become a starwars jedi knight jedi academy mmorpg, i will pay to play.
    Darkfall online will be the best mmorpg and i will pay to play for that kind of game were you have the freedom to do anything you want without leveling everyday.

You forget the fact that tho it's gonna have the usual similarities with the tyrant WoW, TOR features the so-called fourth pillar in the gameplay, that's story... and not story as blablabla you can skip, but story that actively comes to play.

And that means the never-exploited-enough C&C system.

• PinkCatPinkCat Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by PinkCat

OP:

Always wondered if you were smoking something, now I know

-----------------------
    ...I'm in your panties

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Thank you for giving us your opinion on a game that was only very recently even announced...I'm sure that the devs will take it into account.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

I am ashamed of the OP being a Darkfall fanoi as I am.

This game really makes me think that the MMORPG is going to get the RPG back in it. That you actually play your characters role! Just like Pen & Paper.

DFO will enable that aswell, but there will be cs kiddies like OP who only looks for an action game rather than a massive roleplaying game.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• jawapetjawapet Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by IIRL

I am ashamed of the OP being a Darkfall fanoi as I am.
    This game really makes me think that the MMORPG is going to get the RPG back in it. That you actually play your characters role! Just like Pen & Paper.
    DFO will enable that aswell, but there will be cs kiddies like OP who only looks for an action game rather than a massive roleplaying game.

I think BioWare will drive a new unique system of MMO play unlike anything we have really seen thus far.  BioWare loves to try new ways of combining story with game play and I expect to that in TOR.

I am guessing that they will have some classical RPG elements in game play but as is mentioned in the quote I think they are going for a more unique role per player feel.  Sort of making you feel you are part of star wars.  SWG seemed to make star wars trivial.  The game felt small, compact, and non-canon.  BioWare is aiming for the opposite effect, to have the game feel large, dynamic, and that you are playing a fignificant part of Star Wars history, not just playing; but making star wars history during a 150 year span when there is no history written in the SW galaxy.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

I read the initial post and than didnt bother reading anything else, because all I saw was OP= retard

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by Writh

You've done you part as a good little darkfall fan and trolled another game now go to your forum a full fledge Darkfall Fanboy, you have worked hard to earn your new title.

Very well-said.   Darkfall fans wonder why their game is mocked so much?  It's because of the community that has evolved around it.   Well, that and a Duke Nuke'em degree of development time.  

The OP is trying to compare these two unreleased game which the public has NEVER played?      But then rumors and opinions have been all that Darkfall followers have had for the last, what was it, seven years of the game's development?  They think they have to apply that same junk to other developers.

I prefer facts.  Like the fact Bioware has a history of doing excellent games.   I'll count on them making a game that is more than a Guild Wars clone. 

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

A GW clone? Well I would say thats good news! GW was a nice game! without monthly fee ofcourse

there should be more games like this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• EchelonsEchelons Member Posts: 80

I played starwars of the old republic series and it was good. Now, when i see this game as a mmorpg, i think it will be exacly like guild wars. I just hope it wont be like the old old republic from the series with the rock paper scisors systeme. It was so stupid. Only the story was good.
    Anyway, if starwars will be pay to play, i will not pay because i hate guild wars. Even if it become a wow clone, i will not play too because i hate wow.
    If it become a starwars jedi knight jedi academy mmorpg, i will pay to play.
    Darkfall online will be the best mmorpg and i will pay to play for that kind of game were you have the freedom to do anything you want without leveling everyday.

Quite possibly one of the worst posts I've ever read. 

Regardless, what about this game reminds you of Guild Wars?

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Hehe its going to be a Pong clone

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I tought this thread would be dead.

Anyway, i was trying to compar it with GW about the gameplay only. When you fight. GW is a aim systeme. You click on someone and your character will follow the enemy. Then, all you have to do is pressing hot keys. In wow, you right click on someone, you go near him and you attack. You can also press hot keys to do skills. I agree that wow have more mind game involve, but its still gears and level overall.

I hope for you guys that in KOTOR, it would be more mind game over gears and levels, but i dont think so because they are heading on rppve more then pvp. They want more story? Go watch starwars the movie then(That one was lame but i dont care) Adding more story = single over multiplayer.

LMAO. They even think that they will have more players then wow. They will have many players, but after a week or atleast 3 month, the number will decay very fast and i can bet on that.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Anyway, i was trying to compar it with GW about the gameplay only.  When you fight. GW is a aim systeme. You click on someone and your character will follow the enemy. Then, all you have to do is pressing hot keys. In wow, you right click on someone, you go near him and you attack. You can also press hot keys to do skills. I agree that wow have more mind game involve, but its still gears and level overall.
    You cant compare Guildwars with TOR in  respect to how combat will work because theres no in depth coverage on that aspect of TOR........
    I hope for you guys that in KOTOR, it would be more mind game over gears and levels, but i dont think so because they are heading on rppve more then pvp.
    Bioware have already stated that TOR will have PVP and RVR , the only thing they havent stated yet is if there will be open PVP servers and RP servers.
    They want more story? Go watch starwars the movie then(That one was lame but i dont care) Adding more story = single over multiplayer.
    I dont understand why having more story in a MMO is a bad thing, every MMO has a certain amount of story and lore, you know missions and quest..they are story..take that out and all you have is the grind to keep you subscribing.
    LMAO. They even think that they will have more players then wow. They will have many players, but after a week or atleast 3 month, the number will decay very fast and i can bet on that.
    When a company first starts trading or  comes up with a new product they never want to be second best in there chosen market, there eventual  aim is to dominate that market. Nothing wrong with having faith in your work force and  product.

• Busby05Busby05 Member Posts: 9

Umm maybe just maybe, you have guys every thought that TOR will be a game on its own?  You know, not a clone of this and a clone of that... but people say that TOR is just TOR.  Its own game.

I don't see why everything has to clone everything.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Anyway, i was trying to compar it with GW about the gameplay only. When you fight. GW is a aim systeme. You click on someone and your character will follow the enemy. Then, all you have to do is pressing hot keys. In wow, you right click on someone, you go near him and you attack. You can also press hot keys to do skills. I agree that wow have more mind game involve, but its still gears and level overall.
    I hope for you guys that in KOTOR, it would be more mind game over gears and levels, but i dont think so because they are heading on rppve more then pvp. They want more story? Go watch starwars the movie then(That one was lame but i dont care) Adding more story = single over multiplayer.

Right... GW doesn't have in-depths gampelay? You obviously never played any form of decnt PvP then. Or you think you did, while you really haven't. 

Next; You don't want a story?! So you want to end up inside a city, not knowing what your role in the world is, where you are, what's happening. Not knowing what you should do, except walk around, waiting to get ganked? Sounds like the old days... BTW; you are aware that there are 6 very good movies about star wars right? Since you said THE movie, and saying that it was lame movie... You probably just saw the last one, with the flashy outdated 3d graphics? :)

And I'm pretty sure they never said they'll have more players than any game, or they really suck at giving interviews...

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

wow, this thread still here?