Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40 and Bored with the game.

Hope that patch comes out soon, because this game is getting stale, quick.

At 40, you are forced to either rot in the same scenerio day in and day out, which not even a pot of coffee can keep you awake. Or farm dungeons for PVE gear (thought the game was pvp based,must have missed the small print) or, well, farm a pq for lvl 37gear.

Only fun parts are once or twice a week when 4-8 guilds do a huge RVR run and take over 2 or 3 areas, and keeps.  Aside from that, this game is pretty stale right now....yawn.

Comments

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

What class is your lvl 40?

And I hope you mean patch 1.1 when you say "that patch". I think most people have very very high hopes up for that one. They need to solve the clatch between ORvR and Scenarios.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• gizbuggizbug Member Posts: 36

Black orc....which makes getting any kind of renown in orvr or scenerios a PITA, as the whole system is messed up.
  • mk11232mk11232 Member Posts: 217

Scenarios will kill this game.  Everyone spends all their time in them and do nothign else between start times.  I don't expect 40 to be any better and it is getting a little boring.

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by gizbug

Hope that patch comes out soon, because this game is getting stale, quick.
    At 40, you are forced to either rot in the same scenerio day in and day out, which not even a pot of coffee can keep you awake. Or farm dungeons for PVE gear (thought the game was pvp based,must have missed the small print) or, well, farm a pq for lvl 37gear.

Only fun parts are once or twice a week when 4-8 guilds do a huge RVR run and take over 2 or 3 areas, and keeps.  Aside from that, this game is pretty stale right now....yawn.

I am suprised you got to 40, I hit a brick wall at 24 and pushed my way to 29 and just couldn't really get motivated any more. Its getting boring fast.

Black orc....which makes getting any kind of renown in orvr or scenerios a PITA, as the whole system is messed up

I can imagine how boring it must be to play a tank in the game at current. Though as it looks now after patch 1.0.5 you will always have a chance to break snares when taking damage. Must make it a whole lot more fun to play if you can actually move.

And what you think about the patch note changes so far for you class? Just curious here

$OE lies list
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• gizbuggizbug Member Posts: 36

Patch note changes look promising, but we'll see.

In the mean time going to go back and play LOTRO. Never thought I would say that (going from WAR to LOTRO) but after 30 minutes of scenerios where its 10 BW vs the destruction, bordem sets in real quick.

Patch note changes look promising, but we'll see.
    In the mean time going to go back and play LOTRO. Never thought I would say that (going from WAR to LOTRO) but after 30 minutes of scenerios where its 10 BW vs the destruction, bordem sets in real quick.

Hehe yea true scenarios are horrible! If they fix Open World RvR and make it feel meaningfull I think I will definitly get stuck again

$OE lies list
    "

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

cancelled as well, nothing to do at 40, the 1.05 dont change anything, still nothing to do at 40. U will get your set piece after a few castle sieges and then what?

I was really thinking the end game would have a meaning, I am sad to say Arathi Basin in WOW was more fun even though I hate WOW...  

And at least WOW came up with token system, zounds of bastion stair runs and  we always get white lion set pieces, we dont even have  a lvl 40 white lion in our server cause every one knows how much they suck...

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Failure to understand what your supposed to do end game, congratulations.

STOP WHINING!

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

Most of the population isn't even close to 40 yet. This game matures slowly, another 3 months or more until you start to see a heavy 40 population, if that.

The key problem with this game is nearly everything is the same. From 1-40, you are fighting PLAYERS and HUMANOIDS that look the friggin' same. 70% of all PVE content on the way up is killing elves, dorfs or humans if you are destruction. It doesn't frickin' matter about champion or "rares" because they look the same.

All in all up to 30 there are only a few actual creature mobs, the rest are all humanoid. Most of the keeps are the same thing and the same strategy on the way up. EVERYTHING from 1-40 is a continual repeat of itself. The only variations you get are scenario changes every 10 levels, that get boring... very... fast...

Problem is Mythic is trying to be everything at once. EQ2 did it right, they said " we are 99% PVE" and set to do it. WoW said " we are 80% pve 20% pvp" and they did that. Warhammer is trying to be maxed on both, just pick a route. They have all these neat features that just don't mean a damn when they screwed up and spread the players too thin. What good are public quests when on the way to 40 you only have a few actual PQ groups going?. It is a disgusting grind-fest that doesn't even stop at 40, it only gets worse.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

So when I said 5 weeks ago: after playing it for a few days the game will fail, I was right after all.

Being bored of "that other game" is not a good motivator to play a bad copy.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Endgame is pretty broken right now I agree, no world RvR going on at all in tier 4.

Then again it was basically the same with the lower tiers as well, so I suppose more than just endgame is broken right now.

• XtortXtort Member Posts: 392
    Originally posted by bodypass

So when I said 5 weeks ago: after playing it for a few days the game will fail, I was right after all.

No failure of War or any other MMO will change the fact that WoW is a grindfest and is the root of all PvE carebear. In either case, War > WoW. It will only get better with time.

-----------------------------
    Osbourne Cox: You are the guy from the gym.

Ted Treffon: I don't represent Hardbodies.

Osbourne Cox: I know very well what you represent. You represent the idiocy of today.

Ted Treffon: No, I don't represent that either.

Osbourne Cox: You are part of a league of morons. Oh, yes. You see you're one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. But guess what. Today, I win.

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255

all in all this discussion reminds me a bit of the aoc discussion (minus the hatred for fc)

i believe its totally acceptable to have fun with the game for 1 or 2 month then try out something new and come back when they improved it

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Actually, impossible as it may sound, risk vs reward WAR is more carebear than WoW :)

• kingbarthkingbarth Member Posts: 39

this game just came out seriosuly u fast levelers should have known yall are ganna have to wait and there is no way to campare this game to wow because wow had had years of patches and time to mature...

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

Did I miss the announcement that War is closing down?

No? Okay then you weren't right, and you never will be.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Burnthebed

Did I miss the announcement that War is closing down?

No? Okay then you weren't right, and you never will be.

Failed as in putting even a small dent in the Wow domination, yes.

Failed in having 500 K subs after 4 months, yes.

Failed as delivering something better most want to play, yes.

I was always right from the very beginning.

Every copy sold of War is free publictiy for WotLK.

I always said it and I was always right. Just look at amazon.com.

And just pray WAR stays in that sub 200-250K range subs or EA - with its cutting losses - will certainly plug out the servers. No doubt about that. And MJ is no longer viewed in a nice way by some at EA, for sure.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Actually, impossible as it may sound, risk vs reward WAR is more carebear than WoW :)

Exactly. At least in WoW mobs do aggro to you, but in War? meh... i just go and pat on their head and they give me what i want...

RIP Orc Choppa

• susanto1228susanto1228 Member Posts: 203

This is what happens when a game like WAR focuses on PVP and not PVE....yes ganking is fun.

RVR can be fun when people are about, Scenarios to a certain degree (barf) can be fun.  But the PVE element imo could keep gamers very happy in this game if only they would of added more content.

Case in point, Mt. Gunbad instance....why not make this dungeon crawler a massive party raid instance at higher levels?

You level up so fast from 25 to 31 it's useless to go in there and the gear is so obsolete that you get in there.  Some of the PQs are fun, but this could of been a huge opportunity for Mythic to implement this dungeon at a higher level like 40 with great loot, hell even RVR in Mt. Gunbad would of been a great idea, but no.

Yes people are getting bored with the game, I was bored with it 2 weeks ago. Really Mythic, I want your game to succeed, but the only thing keeping you guys from succeeding is yourselves, case in point today you guys are having a patch implemented from 7am to 1pm...ON A HOLIDAY!!!   you should see the griping over at warhammer online....

More dungeons Mythic, keep the masses from getting bored, if RVR isn't going on you can go and farm for gear, some people actually like that, or a good old fashion dungeon crawl with a group to kill some time.

• Happy Birthday

• snowchrome2snowchrome2 Member UncommonPosts: 239

i dont know about you guys but right now i am enjoying getting my tome unlocks and tactics, also working on getting my trophies.

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by snowchrome2

i dont know about you guys but right now i am enjoying getting my tome unlocks and tactics, also working on getting my trophies.

I don't know about you but the tome actually sent me to sleep better than a sleeping pill.

• AntipopealanAntipopealan Member Posts: 62
    Failed as in putting even a small dent in the Wow domination, yes.  Of course they've taken some of WOW's customers
    Failed in having 500 K subs after 4 months, yes.  LOL, both figure in this 'statement' are incorrect. You have more-or-less halved the number of subs, and double the length of time this games been out! LOL
    You FAIL, not WAR!
    Failed as delivering something better most want to play, yes.  Well alot of people playing WAR would disagree with that.
    I was always a right plonker from the very beginning.  Fixed!
    Every copy sold of War is free publictiy for WotLK.  This doesn't make any sense! Underlining some words will not make them appear legitimate.
    I always said it and I was always right. Just look at amazon.com.  Are you being sarcastic?

• BintoweBintowe Member UncommonPosts: 47

It should be noted, at this point, that the current scenario vrs. world pvp is not really Mythic's fault.  If most prefer the safety of scenarios, where you at least have decent odds of winning and getting some xp/renown, over the hell that is orvr, where you will be outnumbered at least 1.5 to 1, then why would anyone in their right mind want to do orvr?

And, how many of you play Destruction?  You are, after all, the root cause of most of the problems with the game, due to the huge pop imbalance.  If you haven't re-rolled order yet, then I'd call it just desserts.