Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iGames War everywhere lan party.

So I got together some friends to hit up this lan party that was listed on Warhammer herald, that Igames was hosting.

They had a leveling contest 1-7 and gave away free gifts to everyone who hit a new level. and level 7 first got a grand prize

Prizes include.

• Warhammer Table Top Starter box : The Battle of Skull Pass (60$ value)
  • Games Workshop: Citadel starter paint box: (60$ value)
  • A box of 3 Chosen (Chaos knights)  Minis (12$ value)
  • 2 Gigs of Ram
  • Mouse pad
  • White Dwarf Magazine
  • Warhammer TShirt

I  brought a group of 7 to this place.

we were the only ones there except for 2 other 15 year old kids who were ADD and very talkative to us.

Well me and my friend david were almost to level 7 around the same time only took about an hour and 15 min.  needless to say his GF helped him with a quest he was about to die on .. and got him the credit and he died so he spawned back in town to turn in a quest and beat me by a couple min. he got the Ram, paint kit and the starter box. 

All in all we made away with alot of LOT for 8 bucks entry fee.

And after that whole ordeal.. we all canceled our accounts :(

The account canceling was already planned cause we are not going to pay another month.

Comments

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Point?

Oh, the point is that you're canceling because the game broke your heart.

*yawn*

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by markoraos

Point?
    Oh, the point is that you're canceling because the game broke your heart.
    *yawn*

Nope.. the point is...

1. I won a TON of free loot. for 8 bucks
    2. Noone shows up to this publisized lan party showing disinterest.
    3. AND that me and my friends canceled.

sorry you missed the other 2 points.

Seriously read back on all my posts.. I loved war.. and I love what they bring to the table. Unfortunatly they need to figure out how to impliment it in a not so boring manner.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Pangaea

And after that whole ordeal.. we all canceled our accounts :(
    The account canceling was already planned cause we are not going to pay another month.

I'm having trouble reconciling those two sentences.

Meh....

Have fun finding the game you'll like. I strongly suspect you won't find any.

On the one hand it is "not entertaining enough" and on the other "I want a sndbox where i make my own entertainment". Lol.... Do you sense what is wrong with this picture?

My experience with WAR is that it gives me back what I put into it. If I go and make an effort to group, do RvR, PQs etc - I can do it. On the other hand if I just lie there and do nothing I won't get much in return. Please make up your mind: do you want to be entertained or do you actually want to be given tools for entertaining yourself? It is amazing how many sandbox people go bashing WAR for not being "entertaining" enough... lol, I think you'll be into a brick wall of a surprise once the vaunted Darkfall comes out....

/p.s.

I really don't know if you're one of those WoW-heads crying for "freedom" without any idea what it entails... Sorry for the above post if you're not. I'm tired and off to bed.. Pissing into the wind at this point really....

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by markoraos

Meh....
    Have fun finding the game you'll like. I strongly suspect you won't find any.
    On the one hand it is "not entertaining enough" and on the other "I want a sndbox where i make my own entertainment". Lol.... Do you sense what is wrong with this picture?
    My experience with WAR is that it gives me back what I put into it. If I go and make an effort to group, do RvR, PQs etc - I can do it. On the other hand if I just lie there and do nothing I won't get much in return. Please make up your mind: do you want to be entertained or do you actually want to be given tools for entertaining yourself? It is amazing how many sandbox people go bashing WAR for not being "entertaining" enough... lol, I think you'll be into a brick wall of a surprise once the vaunted Darkfall comes out....
    /p.s.
    I really don't know if you're one of those WoW-heads crying for "freedom" without any idea what it entails... Sorry for the above post if you're not. I'm tired and off to bed.. Pissing into the wind at this point really....

let me clerify.

I am not a subscriber of WoW.

Not sure what Tier you are in.. but I am assuming you aren't in T3 or T4 yet. If you were in T4 you would realize that you can't really get anything going that often. Not sureing the hours I play.

To some it is fun. .But my friends canceled cause War got boring around level 25.

I myself got to 29 so I could see some T4 stuff. and there just isnt' enough going on in the game to keep me interested. .T1 and T2 were a BLAST.. I loved it.

then it died down.

Sandbox games can or can'e be fun. I do think sandbox can be boring as well. in honesty there is no PARTICULAR type of game that is fun or not.. its subject to the game itself.

War is FUN in T1 and 2.. then NOT fun..the game kinda gets old and a drag.

While Sandbox can be fun and NOT fun.

Its how they impliment it.

I wont say "I WANT SANDBOX. and then once I get sandbox love it no matter what." People will realize that when darkfall is released that sandbox isnt' always fun.

I dont' hate war.. I am heartbroken about it cause I wanted it to work so bad.. I even have a guild site I just canceled that I put HOURS into. and I have pretty much abandoned 200+ players in my guild cause I quit..

Wasn't an easy choice but I can't play a game that I dont' find all that fun any more.

Tbh, there is a curious dry spot right now... I'm at T3/T4 atm (rank 29) and I don't find myself playing that much anymore..

It is very curious.. I don't play any other games as well. It might be a personal thing I suppose.

When I do play I'm really having lots of fun but... strange, I don't feel a compulsion to play it even though I'm definitely keeping my account. Maybe I find it strange because I've been accustomed to playing too many games for too much time recently and WoW created a whole new level of what being "into games" means... Before WoW I played a few hours a day, tops, and I thought myself a gamer. WoW made such ridiculous demands on my time and attention that all the rest paled in comparison. Now I'm back to pretty much the same thing as before - a few hours a day. Maybe it is a transitional period, back to normalcy? I don't know.

Imo, WAR should merge servers and merge them fast, all the "PR" concerns be damned. The only valid quantities here are a) for the devs: number of subscriptions and b) for players: the amount of fun. With a hindsight WoW was the high point of this whole "games sucking your life away" trend. The "replacement life" thing is gone now for many people... I think the time is ripe for some more reasonable and quality mmo entertainment and WAR devs should adapt to it. The "masses" won't play for 6+ hrs per day anymore... They'll drop in, see who's online and have some fun killing monsters or other players. Imo tMythic's greatest failure was that they didn't detect this trend - at the moment servers have too low populations for such decreased playing times.