Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

T4 Zone Control - What have you done that worked?

If you have played on a server that was able to move the t4 zone control along and get to the city siege, what activities did you use to do it?

If you haven't participated in this, please do not post - we all know the obvious book answers like capturing keeps and objectives - it isn't enough.

Also if zone control is broken on your server please do not post that is a separate issue.

Looking for the experiences of people who have done this successfully.  And this is about t4 only and getting to the city siege.

On my server we captured Praag but seem to be getting stonewalled on the next zone - taking the RvR lake only gets you to even control and doing PQs did not seem to have any measurable effect on moving the control bar.  Some theories are floating around now that we need T3 in control or other t4 zones in Dwarf and Elf land or we are blocked from progressing which I do not buy at all but can't refute.

We know killing toons in the RvR lake helps, and signing up for the zone scenario (only) and either not getting defense or winning it helps, and we know that PQs are SUPPOSED to help but don't seem to - so how has a server put this all together?  Let's hear your experience thanks!  And specifically if we need to capture any other zones except Praag in order to capture the next one in the chain.

Comments

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Along time ago they posted a podcast about zone control and the exact set up you need to move on, you will need to cap 2 t3 zones to move on I guess is the answer to your question, on Sylvania we tend to have control of all the T3 keeps or are able to swing them back pretty fast, then its a matter of winning some Scenarios and then good to go in Caping the T4 zone. I'll see if I can find the link to the pod cast for ya.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/video/pp_TypesofRvR_bitrate_hi.zip

This is the old one before they took out all the other citys, but it is still they system they use.

• SteelguruSteelguru Member Posts: 118

I have participated in a T4 Fortress assault but it was some time ago.

The things I'd heard that contributed greatly to locking down the zones:

-Winning Scenarios for that zone (Queue only for those Scenarios)

-Killing enemy players in that zone (large weight)

-T3 spillover, helps a lot to get a T3 guild lock down previous zone

Also important:

-Holding the Keeps/BO's - but may not need all of the BO's all of the time to even lock it down, not sure.

To a lesser extent:

-PQ's in that zone

Not much help perhaps but that is what I recall from how it worked that day.   Try the Warhammer Alliance forums, maybe they can be more help.

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434

Creating 2 full warbands.

Having 20 of us jump off a cliff to our deaths.. and then having the healers rez all of us. if we do that for 15 min.. we have full zone control then we attack the main city :)

• SteelguruSteelguru Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Pangaea

Creating 2 full warbands.
    Having 20 of us jump off a cliff to our deaths.. and then having the healers rez all of us. if we do that for 15 min.. we have full zone control then we attack the main city :)

I hope they have taken this exploit out - I for one, wasn't going to mention it.   If you have proof this is still going on, post a recent SS.  Otherwise, I call BS - if you have recent proof I'd like to see it :)

I know for sure though, that the day we attacked the Fortress this was NOT going on.   I questioned the guild leaders involved about it, and knew many of the other players, and our side was not going to abuse that exploit to do it.

Most players had no idea the exploit ever existed, and you are misleading people to imply this is how most turn the T4 zones.

P.S. are you even in T4?   Your "sig" implies T3.