Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Things I hate about WAR - Respawn times and resetting Champions/Heroes

OK, before you get on here and flame me, let me first say that I love the game.  I've been playing it since launch and have 7 characters (only 2 order heh) but there are 2 things that piss me off to no end in this game.

1) The respawn times are ridiculous.  When I have my tank and i go to fight 2 guys at once, I beat them down, but by the time I'm about done with the second NPC, the first one respawns.  So, I quickly get stuck in a ridiculous loop of fighting the same guys over and over and over again.  This happens A LOT!  You would literally have to be blind to not notice this.  This is the most annoying thing about the game.

2)  When fighting a champion or Hero, they sometimes reset themselves back to full health.  OK, I understand what they're trying to get at with not leaving the area during a fight - but come on, WTF?  I have been in a battle with heroes before where they litterally run like 5 steps to the side and reset and usually this happens when they are over 50% dead.  This is the second most annoying thing about the game that causes many swear words and makes me wonder why they never figured out what a stupid idea that was in the beta testing.

Overall I love the game, but they really need to tweak a couple of areas.  I don't think I've run into anyone in the game (in guild or out) that doesn't have these same issues.  Please - in the name of all that's sacred and holy Mythic - FIX THESE PROBLEMS!!!!!

/rant

Comments

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

The first problem is mainly common in pq areas and I'd have to say I agree; just yesterday I got caught in a loop where I was constantly under attack by 4 NPCs and was unable to push into the house to finish my quest, quite annoying. The second problem is merely natural since otherwise kiting heroes or champions into towns and let the guards do the job would be a simple enough tactic to easily farm champs or heroes.

• zealadinzealadin Member Posts: 3

Thats not actually true.... If the guards at a town kill a champion/hero it doesn't drop loot or work towards an objective, quest or anything like that.

Its just badly designed

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

For some strange reason I think they were overcompensating at the start of the game because they wanted everyone to have enough mobs to kill. Really, in the weeks before 9/18 and some time thereafter, there was always a ton of people wherever you looked. Now of course they're spread out, but Mythic kept the respawn times that are meant for 10-20 people, not for 1 or 2. Yeah, hopefully they'll adjust, but it's not that bad. I get stuck in loops sometimes, but since I'm a tank and my girl plays a healer, it doesn't last long

Now, about the Champions...I've noticed that happen sometimes, but rarely. However, that's probably because I don't really move while fighting them. Sometimes I adjust to get out of the path of, say, another patrolling Champion, but he doesn't lose aggro and reset health from that. I think it's happened while taking a BO maybe once or twice, but honestly, not much for me. If they unnaturally reset back to full health, it's obviously a bug and make sure you report it...and get everyone you know to report it.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

I have to agree with the respawn time, often in caves or when trying to get to a mob thats behind a group of mobs the quick respawn will end up killing you.

2 other things that annoy me...

1) 2 NPCs can be face to face and seemingly engaged in conversation and you can kill one of them while the other stands there still talking to the one your killing...this is dumbing down the game a step to far.

2) at night in some zones I cant see anything at all except when you come upon a mob, often get stuck on things like fences rocks and trees and dont even know it, I have adjusted gamma and brightness on my Desk top to the point that everything looks washed out on explorer but still to dark in game.

I will say I enjoy the game and will be playing for awhile but those are 3 things I wish would change.

Godz of War I call Thee

• StinkyPitsStinkyPits Member Posts: 123

Another thing I noticed today...  So I win a PQ (twice in a row) and both times I roll a total shit roll (once was 34 and the other was similar).  So, instead of taking 1st place I ended up second to last.  They totally nerfed the hell out of me with the rolls.  WTF is that?  Why do they feel the need to nerf first place?  The roll system is stupid in PQs.  Just give me what I earned and quit screwing me.

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64

The roll's for PQ's are a bit screwed. I dunno how many times I've walked into a PQ barely did anything, cause everyone had the hero to near death and somehow i come out first.

What seem's like the little thing's in this game need some love from Mythic. But i rather have them improve the ORvR.

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

Yes, agreed with the respawn one! Very frustrating. I also find the entire way of alloting contribution and who wins rolls in PQs annoying as well. I think that the PQs are in general buggy for tanks, aren't they? I'm not a tank player, but have noticed it on my healer. Dps seems to win the most often for contribution, healing second, tanking last.

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• veritasallveritasall Member UncommonPosts: 153

Respawning is very fast.  It's annoying seeing two things respawn just as you're about to finish the last of the mob! Maybe it's to encourage us not to solo too much on quests! :D

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

what you have to understand is, during the beta ,the devs never or rarley got any good input from the players who were testing the game at all ,  they would have only a hand full of people who would mention little things here and there and thought that ignoring these certain criteria would not hurt the game since, the people at ea were all about one thing and one thing alone, and thats making a quick buck off a game company like mythic ,they thought they knew everything about  making a great game

hence the reason why people are leaving the game instead of sticking with it.

for example, at launch the servers in majority were full, i recall averheim one night where i had to wait in line just to play. i was curious about it and thought this would be a once in a life time chance that this would happen, i was correct in thinking this because since then i never had to wait in line to play ever again.

people were being transfered, others were leaving the game or just not playing it during their 30 day free trial,

what i can also tell you about the games population is that the majority of player who did play during that time were also looking for other things to do to avoid the boredom that called by particapating in pqs or scenarios.

but as each day went, more and more  people would either not play or cancel their subscription.

now i know that most mmos are not geared towards all people  for certain reasons, but to ignore this little fact and claim there should be more people playing warhammer just because :person 1 likes it ,dose not necessary mean that person 2 will also.

and for whats its worth im sure there may have been some who wanted this project to fail because they didnt want their friends to leave the current game they were playing or company members would wanted  it to fail because it  would of hurt their bizznes .  but for the most part , everyone wanted something they could take from this mmo warhammer and enjoy for themselfs, and thats the underline that many , including myself did not find to keep me subscribed.

i have stated some things that need to be fixed and thoughts about war in comparison to other mmos.

many have agreed and others have disagreed. but now when i look back on my time while playing warhammer, all i can do is hope the devs at mythic can get to work  on the issues that are causeing people to leave and fix  them so that the people who left will find themselfs coming back and staying.

if not. well atleast there is a mmo called warhammer.

I think the argument of "some people left after launch" is bunk because people always give anything a try and some will stick, some won't.  So, there's naturally going to be a certain number that leaves after launch.  It's what happens after the initial launch and seeing how the trend goes that matters.  I noticed that once I transfered my character to a better server, we've had a healthy population ever since.  It seems fine.  But... getting back on topic:

So, it seems that the respawn rates are annoying to a lot of people.  Has anyone heard anything about them taking on this issue in a patch or whatnot?

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

No, not so far. Perhaps they will look into it but I think there are a lot of other things that are 'priorities' right now. Respawn  rate is probably the least of Mythic's worries right now. Respawn rates hurt low population servers where people are more likely to be soloing because they have to. It's also a PvE problem, etc. etc. I don't see this being fixed anytime soon, but then perhaps I am being a negative weeniee :)

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

Well, I can't imagine that the respawn times would take a long time to adjust.  This almost seems like a basic program setting to me, but I could be wrong.  Either way, it should be a priority IMO.  Tried to take an RvR point tonight in Tier 2 and by the time we had killed the hero, the champion had respawned.  Talk about annoying.  It wasn't even that long either - just a minute or two.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by StinkyPits

I think the argument of "some people left after launch" is bunk because people always give anything a try and some will stick, some won't.  So, there's naturally going to be a certain number that leaves after launch.  It's what happens after the initial launch and seeing how the trend goes that matters.  I noticed that once I transfered my character to a better server, we've had a healthy population ever since.  It seems fine.  But... getting back on topic:
    So, it seems that the respawn rates are annoying to a lot of people.  Has anyone heard anything about them taking on this issue in a patch or whatnot?

This is off topic, BUT...

What you said above is true, however...people don't usually have to pay 50 dollars to "give anything a try," which in this case, we did.  Oh sure....I could have waited until they offered a free trial (IF they are ever BRAVE enough to DO that), but then I would have fallen so far behind everyone, and I actually thought (before I bought the game) that I would be playing it a long while and didn't want to get left in the dust as everyone else continued to level on in to tier 4.

That matter set aside....

On the issue of respawn...when the Champions were constantly respawning SO fast (and were bugged and sometimes even just resetting DURING a fight), that WAS pretty annoying, however...I didn't notice that still happening by the time I left the game.  Is that still really an issue??  I honestly think that if it is, Mythic WILL get to it.  I think they've shown themselves pretty up front in their dealings with the player base, and in trying to fix things that are broken and/or imbalanced, to a great degree.

Sure...there are going to remain some things that aren't immediately attended to, but...I'm sure they will get around to them.

Warhammer ended up not being "the game for me," but I certainly think it is a very strong contender in the niche market that it caters to best.  All gamers have a right to play a game that they themselves ENJOY, and Mythic has just given the gaming community another viable option for our gaming energies.  Hard to fault them for that, regardless of the few minor flaws that might remain. 

Oh yeah....if you find a bug (or any other kind of "issue")....if you don't take the TIME and effort to actually report it, then nothing will ever get done.  Most developers, contrary to popular belief, don't have E.S.P. 

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by girlgeek

This is off topic, BUT...

What you said above is true, however...people don't usually have to pay 50 dollars to "give anything a try," which in this case, we did.  Oh sure....I could have waited until they offered a free trial (IF they are ever BRAVE enough to DO that), but then I would have fallen so far behind everyone, and I actually thought (before I bought the game) that I would be playing it a long while and didn't want to get left in the dust as everyone else continued to level on in to tier 4.

That matter set aside....

On the issue of respawn...when the Champions were constantly respawning SO fast (and were bugged and sometimes even just resetting DURING a fight), that WAS pretty annoying, however...I didn't notice that still happening by the time I left the game.  Is that still really an issue??  I honestly think that if it is, Mythic WILL get to it.  I think they've shown themselves pretty up front in their dealings with the player base, and in trying to fix things that are broken and/or imbalanced, to a great degree.

Sure...there are going to remain some things that aren't immediately attended to, but...I'm sure they will get around to them.

Warhammer ended up not being "the game for me," but I certainly think it is a very strong contender in the niche market that it caters to best.  All gamers have a right to play a game that they themselves ENJOY, and Mythic has just given the gaming community another viable option for our gaming energies.  Hard to fault them for that, regardless of the few minor flaws that might remain. 

Oh yeah....if you find a bug (or any other kind of "issue")....if you don't take the TIME and effort to actually report it, then nothing will ever get done.  Most developers, contrary to popular belief, don't have E.S.P. 

You know thats what Open Beta was for they gave away thousands and thousands of keys to websites so people like you who cry over 50 dollars could try the game before launch.   People bitching over money now should be taken out back and beaten to death for stupidity (no offense intented). 

You had a chance to try it before you buy it its not like Age of Crap Nan where they pretty much lied to your face even with the 'fake' Open bEta they did.   There was also until last week or the week before free Trial Keys being given out by iGamer.com  which is where a large influx of now missing gold spammers came from.  There have been trials, there have been freebies people just dont' tend to look very hard.

2 problems with that argument though - 1) not everyone that wanted to try it out got into beta.  I know, I tried and never made it in.  2) Every game has people leave after they initially buy the product.  There's always an attrition rate, that's just part of it.  It's not bad unless it's massive.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

2 problems with that argument though - 1) not everyone that wanted to try it out got into beta.  I know, I tried and never made it in.  2) Every game has people leave after they initially buy the product.  There's always an attrition rate, that's just part of it.  It's not bad unless it's massive.

Oh my god ..how could ou NOT get into OPEN BETA?!   MMORPG>COM gave out Keys, Tentonhammer gave out Keys, Hell frigging File Planet Gave out keys.   IGamer.com had Keys for Trial Post Launch Keys don't lie to me saying 'you couldn't get in because thats a load of donky dung.

2. I know that and I'm fine with that I just get sick of people crying fowl and blaming they couldn't "try it" first...NO game in this history of the earth has a full Trial Program at damn launch. 

btw not geting into closed Beta is not an excuse since I specifically said Open Beta which is the 'try before you buy" test period.  Closed Beta is for people hoping to improve the game not Try it out for free.

Both me and a friend applied for beta and didn't get in.  Every time I went to a site that offered free beta key giveaways they were gone long before I got there.  Some of us actually work and have a life and don't sit on our asses scouring the internet for beta keys.  I checked my applied status on the website almost daily, but never got an invite.  That's how I didn't get into beta, so your theory is a bunch of donkey dung.