Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dot hack. will it happen?

i have scoured the internet looking for any sign of a .hack game. and although there are many ps2 games for .hack i am sad to say that there does not seem to be a .hack mmorpg. i don't think anyones even working on one. but i have heard that some company is trying to make the world. plz comment and try to complain to corp.'s and try to get .hack. i would like the world

Comments

• fox152236fox152236 Member Posts: 3
    although im trying to make the world myself
  • fox152236fox152236 Member Posts: 3

good news on the world. a petition has been made to make bandai make an mmorpg for .hack. it would be named .hack//the world. if you would like to sign the petition, please use this website

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/826072051

every signiture counts

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by fox152236
    good news on the world. a petition has been made to make bandai make an mmorpg for .hack. it would be named .hack//the world. if you would like to sign the petition, please use this website
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/826072051
    every signiture counts

Waste of time, a online petition has never done anything.

Also there is a /hack-mmorpg (kind of) for the PS2. You could play it with by having regular pc:s being/making the (instanced-)dungeons for the game but it never got released outside of japan.
    More info here: http://www.dothackers.net/fragment.php

• baboo128baboo128 Member Posts: 21
    I wouldn't mind playing
  • KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

Actally the .hack MMO HAS happened .hack/fragment was  released on Japan some time ago, it was a singleplayer game with online co-op (kinda like PSO/Diablo type), saldy Bandi accounced this year that Fragment would not be released outside Japan and shut down the multiplayer server a few months ago..

Although the 'hybrid' verson has ended, a true MMO verson would be welcome..

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• princejb134princejb134 Member Posts: 3
    yes the world is a great idea to make i heard it was released in japan but it was never realese outside of japan
  • MemenetteMemenette Member Posts: 12
    If they actually made "the world"...that would be awesome. Just wach out for strange floating girls and geometrically shaped bracelets.
  • KelvaarKelvaar Member Posts: 16

I understand the desire of .hack-fans to play such a game...but honestly do you really believe they can create it? According to the whole mmorpg-development they just push out a new stupid grinding game and destroy anything which makes .hack unique.

• applst0rmapplst0rm Member Posts: 8
    i'd play it :D
  • navajinavaji Member UncommonPosts: 22

I think it would be very cool, to have a .hack MMO... The TV show are awsome and the game rocks.  I really don't understand why there is not one already out... It just makes sence.

Navaji

• XbloodXblood Member Posts: 2
    i dont understand why one isnt out yet either.. i know about .hack//fragment but they took the servers off line and every1 said that game sucked online and it was not gonna be sold in the US but a rumor is that .hack//fragment was a test to see if they could do it.. i know CC gets 1mil emails everyday saying make .hack online its just a matter of time be4 they do it for the US i guess/hope
  • BlackRozeBlackRoze Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Kremlik
    Actally the .hack MMO HAS happened .hack/fragment was released on Japan some time ago, it was a singleplayer game with online co-op (kinda like PSO/Diablo type), saldy Bandi accounced this year that Fragment would not be released outside Japan and shut down the multiplayer server a few months ago..
    Although the 'hybrid' verson has ended, a true MMO verson would be welcome..

my thoughts exactly, well it will happen. There are plenty of anime crazed game developers out there, just give em some time...........a lot of it

Death's Little Helper, Watch your ass

• drgammadrgamma Member Posts: 1
    i love '.hack//....' all of it.

n i live at malaysia

hope that 'the world' will be release to the world

people just talking it will release in japan n us only.that make me sad

• piccolodudepiccolodude Member Posts: 1

ok the .hack//fragment is dead so no there is not a .hack// mmorpg it would be nice to have "The World" or a mmorpg with the same play as the world if any one knows of one pleas let me know i played the hell out of the ps2 games

YOU'R GO-NA DIE!!!

• YosehuYosehu Member Posts: 12

maybe the game would come with a remote and virtual reallity gogles(or whatever those things are) like in the series = P, that would rock

• TearReaverTearReaver Member Posts: 33

Hey, if you want go to cyberconnects.com, soon they will have the world r:2 out, in 3d! Must keep your eye on it.

• NeoDeath198NeoDeath198 Member Posts: 3

i did fight a site that was making the mmorpg for .hack

im not sure how far they are now, but they were looking for more to help  with production.

when i find it again ill post it so that you can all take a look if you wish...

im not exacly sure but this place seems to keep popping up saying that they are looking for programers to help with the .hack THE WORLD mmorpg. heres the link:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Epitaph_TTC/index.php

If you wish to see the 'letter' they wrote asking for programers:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread131650.html

more later

• KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173

I would play ONLY if it was based on R:1. R:2 is bullshit.

• joeshmoejoeshmoe Member Posts: 84

I'd love a .hack mmo to be made, but only one that mirrored the series as closely as possible, but it's hard to hope for a virtual world which makes you actually feel like you're in the skin of the avatar you're playing as, at least in an mmo. Then again, if you mirrored the series too much, we'd all have to worry about virtually induced comas...

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

Otherland, the series by Tad williams has an MMO being developed and it is a similar concept of .hack. Think there was even some stuff about it here on mmorpg.

aperently they did make one for japan but they shut  it down after one year...

• 0-van010-van01 Member Posts: 1

I would play it all the time!....that is if its -alot- like G.U :/

awesomely pathetic

• bigdjrbigdjr Member Posts: 40

I think they'll make it in 10 years. In terms of the dot hack games they would suck if it was an mmo. What they should do is wait for when games start becoming more motion based like they sort of are now because only then will you get a real feel for the world imo.

• Kite-ShugoKite-Shugo Member Posts: 2

I've played .hack//Infection, and I've watched .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, as well as some epis of .hack//Liminality, which I'm currently working on watching all of, but am only on the 2nd or 3rd epi, and then I'm going to watch the others, .hack//Roots, and .hack//Signs. And they were very good, and I'd like to play the world for reals (.hack//Liminality catch phrase) with my friends, and lvl up, and become strong, and my avatar would look just like kite, and it would be a twin blade, and I'd get my sister to be Black Rose the heavy blade. .hack// is a great adventure for any and all who play it, or watch it, so I'l join in on getting someone to make it, maybe microsoft can make it for Xbox 360, or someone can make it for pc with the headset and controller and everything, just hopefully for a low price.

I guess I'm just awesome like that.