Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healers nerfed...time to resign from the game..

When the patch goes live, and if they do not change the idiotic HoT nerf that they just implemented, Its time to put this game on the shelf next to AoC. Its amazing how these Devs view this game, nerf the already weak healing classes, but increase the damage on the other classes, while BW hit for well over 1000k,( and thats being nice), The healers only heal for not even half of that. I will wait till the patch goes live to see if they do anything 'nice' to the overall healing classes, if not...time to move on...enough said.

Comments

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by vardar

When the patch goes live, and if they do not change the idiotic HoT nerf that they just implemented, Its time to put this game on the shelf next to AoC. Its amazing how these Devs view this game, nerf the already weak healing classes, but increase the damage on the other classes, while BW hit for well over 1000k,( and thats being nice), The healers only heal for not even half of that. I will wait till the patch goes live to see if they do anything 'nice' to the overall healing classes, if not...time to move on...enough said.

On the opposite end of your rant, my magus and engineer just got a LOT better. Frankly Im quite happy about that.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Did  you try it out on the Test Server and send them your feed back or just read the notes and immediately run here crying?  If you read Marks Opening Comments to the patch notes he even says they are preliminary and for the test server meaning subject to change.

• Spamalot345Spamalot345 Member Posts: 118

Let the emoquitting begin!

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

They are INITIAL patch notes.    Mythic will have plenty of versions of them from the player feedback on the test forum.

If you don't like the healing changes, log on to the test server and TRY them first... if you don't like them, send in feedback.

You're jumping to conclusions.

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

I'm a zealot and I don't mind. It's funny how one nerf makes you quit a game. Maybe it's a good thing that Mythic doesn't have forums, because then all we'd read are QQ's like this. By the way 1000k= 1,000,000 damage. I've never seen a BW hit anywhere near that.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

I currently have 2 characters.  They nerfed my warrior priest and really failed to fix my sword master.  If the changes in the notes go live I wont be renewing.  This isn't so much because they nerfed one of my characters and didn't fix the other. It's because I don't like the design route Mythic is taking.

Classes like shadow warriors and squig herders NEEDED a DPS boost.  I won't even begin to try to argue that they didn't.  But the problem is they didn't just boost them, they boosted them and then boosted everyone elses DPS across the board.  To me, it seems like Mythic is turning WaR into another DPS fest and that is just not the type of game I want to play.  I'm sick of games based around the 3 shot concept.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• RocklynnRocklynn Member UncommonPosts: 104

I´m a black orc and its imposible for me to kill healers even if they are 5-10 lv lower then me. nerf them by all means!

www.rocklynn.se

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by InjaSam

I´m a black orc and its imposible for me to kill healers even if they are 5-10 lv lower then me. nerf them by all means!

Yeah, you're a tank and you wanna kill a healer.

People like you are the same who jump on people when they say they want the game to be more balanced around small scale PvP with "THIS IS GROUP PVP NOOB" yet when you really encounter your anticlass you start QQing on the forums "ZOMG BALANCE SUX I QUIT"

• SidereusSidereus Member Posts: 316

how do we call this again ... ? ....Q.Q  RAGEQUIT ?

come on let's just say that if you are nerfed...the opposite class is nerfed too

QUESTION:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xridnasa:
    -
    What's a "grocery store"? Is that like McDonald's?
    -
    ANSWER:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sidimazz:
    -
    Kind of, just without the rapist.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by neodavie

I'm a zealot and I don't mind. It's funny how one nerf makes you quit a game. Maybe it's a good thing that Mythic doesn't have forums, because then all we'd read are QQ's like this. By the way 1000k= 1,000,000 damage. I've never seen a BW hit anywhere near that.

Yup, I'm a Zealot too, and the change doesn't bother me much. HoTs aren't enough to keep a focused target up anyway, and we're getting our damage buffed so we can be more than healbots. Besides, this is going out on a test server first, and MJ has said that they'll be watching the healing to make sure that it's still properly balanced. Much Ado About Nothing.

nerd rage! im gonna quit! qq qq honestly rofl :) i couldn't resist

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by GaryM

Originally posted by neodavie

Yup, I'm a Zealot too, and the change doesn't bother me much. HoTs aren't enough to keep a focused target up anyway, and we're getting our damage buffed so we can be more than healbots. Besides, this is going out on a test server first, and MJ has said that they'll be watching the healing to make sure that it's still properly balanced. Much Ado About Nothing.

DoKs and WPs heals are via HoTs... if they nerf those heals won't be work using... may as well just stack strength and DPS.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

This is why posting patch notes in advance is such a bad idea. People have all this time to think about the changes and how they will inadvertantly destory their particular class's gameplay, resulting in mass hysteria the the dropping of whales out of space.

You have three choices:

1. Wait until the patch is available on the test server and see how the changes affect your character

2. Wait until the patch is available on the live server and see how the changes affect your character

3. Resume hysterical ranting and quit

While #3 is appealing to remove the insane people from WAR, it seems those people make up the majority of the playerbase in most MMOs and I want WAR to succeed. I recommend choices #1 or #2, especially #1 where you can provide feedback before it is too late. Calm down and save a whale.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

When did the term QQ appear? Its strange how I never ran into it until this post...

As for the Nerf. Its not so bad really. As a healer I always felt a little overpowered. With the work they are doing it seems fairly balanced. TAD to low but good enough. I mean after all I have so many other tricks up my sleeve to stay alive hehe. The day someone outdoes  me with DPS is the day I lost.

• GiggetGigget Member Posts: 129

even if  you were meaning 1000k to represent 100k, I've seen healers with double the heals of a BWs DPS.  On average my Rune Priest gets over 200k in heals in T4 scenarios.

• peaquoppeaquop Member Posts: 53

Improvise, adapt, overcome!

• ShooshooShooshoo Member Posts: 19

Kids like to complain...

Women like to complain...

Witch one are you ? 

Regards M8ties

Roses are gray
    Violets are green,
    I love your legs...
    And what's BETWEEN! :D

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

QQ's been around for quite some time

As for the nerf to healers.. I think WP's need a lil selfheal nerf as well.. a witch elf from full stealth couldnt bust through his healing this one time, equal leveled.. that seems wrong

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

The patch notes are a bit misleading, because they don't show any numbers to relate how much any of the listed abilities are being changed.  Heal over times being the one exception, because they showed the details of the change.  I agree with whoever it was that said pre-announcing these types of changes without details is a bad idea. 

Time will tell how this will all effect the heal-dps-mitgate synergy of the game ala rock-paper-sciossors.  The DPS of this game was way out of whack with a few exceptions and needed to be reworked in a big way.

• vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

The DPS of this game was way out of whack with a few exceptions and needed to be reworked in a big way.

Exactly, the only person that comes close to staying alive while he is being pounded on is a Tank, all other classes a healer has a hard time keeping up, the damage output is alot, alot stronger then the healing output, Just saying that they should give you a choice, of going full out healbot, or a hybrid type class, i love being able to dish out 'insane' amounts of healing , just like a BW or a Sorc. like to dish out insane amounts of damage. Make a real healing class with some very very nice healing spells, if thats the path you choose,  and yes i will be going to the Test server.

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

the patch note is still due for the TEST server and even so people are already screaming doom when they didnt even tried it yet... it's pathetic...

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by JonMichael

They are INITIAL patch notes.    Mythic will have plenty of versions of them from the player feedback on the test forum.
    If you don't like the healing changes, log on to the test server and TRY them first... if you don't like them, send in feedback.
    You're jumping to conclusions.

Guys Guys.. come on.

We can't expect players to BETA test this game on TEST servers.

The game is live. The game is being paid for. And he is just stating that if they do what they are PLANNING he will leave.

Sure the notes may change and over the duration of the game.. every class is going to change.. but he is stating that if the changes that are planned go through he is leaving.. nothing hard to understand about that.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

reroll

...now the excuse is there's no percentages so it should fail? seriously come on  any excuse to whine...geezus its just damn Test Patch Notes.   I think its laughable people are screaming im going to leave if this happens when they've never actually played it to see what it actually does.  Test it on the Test server, complain and if it goes live and its that bad fine quit but dont Preemptive cry it really looks frigging sad.