Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate to be Relaunched and have an expansion (not in NA/EU)

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

HanbitSoft plans Hellgate: London relaunch and new expansion

www.massively.com/2008/11/03/hanbitsoft-plans-hellgate-london-relaunch-and-new-expansion/

Gamasutra has picked up on company blog posts by HanbitSoft's Global PR Manager, Janelle.

One is a definitive announcement that HanbitSoft owns both the Hellgate: London and Mythos IP

edit:

as other people have posted,

this will not be for NA / EU

Comments

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

No way!? That is great news!

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• cag1980cag1980 Member Posts: 78

I avoided HG, cause of the way it was managed, i hope Hanbit do a good job.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by solareus
    For cool, and it was one of the scenerios I had invisioned for the NA/EU  but was not 100% sure, since Hanibsoft does not have any of their games in English , yet.
    Never heard of them, how fairs their non-English games?

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Nadia

www.massively.com/2008/11/03/hanbitsoft-plans-hellgate-london-relaunch-and-new-expansion/
    Gamasutra has picked up on company blog posts by HanbitSoft's Global PR Manager, Janelle.

One is a definitive announcement that HanbitSoft owns both the Hellgate: London and Mythos IP

It's Back! :)

Good idea's are like zombies, you can put them down all you want, but they will always rise again.

Suffer onto the Hate police and trolls, may all your hellgate nightmare's come back to haunt you,....Oh wait, they are... :P

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Yes Hanbit is making an expansion and yes it's going to be released, but not for NA or EU. At least that is what Tiggs is saying from 3 separate posts.

Tiggs:

"I'm telling you what I know that the game and forums will shut down on January 31st, 2009. There is no talk that I am aware of for any NA or EU support after that date. I just want to make sure that after things get shut down you folks don't come back at me and yell OMG you lied! You gave us hope. I am not giving you any glimmer of hope folks. The end is not far off and I am sorry for that. I will miss this community fanbois and haters alike."

"Folks, January 31, 2009 Hellgate London and the forums for NA and EU severs will be shut down for good. No Hanbitsoft or joining their servers, no Redbanana ect."

"No, it means Hellgate London will not be around at all for NA and EU."

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Hanbitsoft does not have US / EU rights

Sorry guys, looks like Hellgate is still shutting down for now.

www.massively.com/2008/11/05/hanbitsoft-admits-their-hellgate-rights-dont-extend-to-us-eu/

• PinkCatPinkCat Member Posts: 218

It's not relaunching. I got a email tonight on Nov 5th/08 stating otherwise.

-----------------------
    ...I'm in your panties

• Gammit100Gammit100 Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by PinkCat

It's not relaunching. I got a email tonight on Nov 5th/08 stating otherwise.

From whom?  Would you mind sharing the contents of that e-mail?

MMO games played or tested: EQ, DAoC, Archlord, Auto Assault, CoH, CoV, EQ2, EVE, Guild Wars, Hellgate: London, Linneage II, LOTRO, MxO, Planetside, SWG, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WWIIOL, WOW, Age of Conan

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
  • levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I've played Korean games that were not available in NA. No one can stop you from downloading a product from a foreign country and playing it, period. Since people know how HGL is run and what is going on, even if it is non-English I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the die hards playing it.

I won't. But, still, something to consider.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Originally posted by levsix

I've played Korean games that were not available in NA. No one can stop you from downloading a product from a foreign country and playing it, period. Since people know how HGL is run and what is going on, even if it is non-English I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the die hards playing it.

Yeah, but only if you can read Korean.  I doubt they'd have an English version available in Korea.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Yeah, but only if you can read Korean.  I doubt they'd have an English version available in Korea.

I don't think many people pay attention to the text in Hellgate, and if they do they can play the English one in single player.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Which is why in the quote you cited i said "even if it is non-English I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the die hards playing it." 

You don't need to understand Korean to play a game you are already familiar with. I played the Huxley beta and I had no idea wth was going on with the Korean text.

Ignore me, I''m just speculating on speculation, anyway. HGL: you were semi-fun while you lasted. RIP HGL 

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Which is why in the quote you cited i said "even if it is non-English I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the die hards playing it." 

You don't need to understand Korean to play a game you are already familiar with. I played the Huxley beta and I had no idea wth was going on with the Korean text.

Ignore me, I''m just speculating on speculation, anyway. HGL: you were semi-fun while you lasted. RIP HGL 

Limited acces to content  they making even a bigger part  of the game subscriber only and HGL is not wurth paying for thats why it have failed its should 100% free like guildwars then it would have been a huge succes.

Good luck trying a game thats in korean and most you have to pay for if you wanne have full acces and enjoy.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• Gammit100Gammit100 Member UncommonPosts: 439

So basically, it boils down to this.  Hanbitsoft is going to continue the game for it's Korean market.  They claim that they are going to do the same for North America, but they legally can't sell it in stores or operate a server in North America (or Europe).  Basically, they're going to offer the game as a download from their site (price is still TBD, but so far the Korean's are offered the first 2-3 acts for free, and then the rest of the game can be purchased), and then operate a server outside of North America and Europe; probably in Korea.

The ping will suck, but it was bill playable in multiplayer.  Oh, and they already have patch 2.1, where the U.S. and Europe never saw patch 2.0.

MMO games played or tested: EQ, DAoC, Archlord, Auto Assault, CoH, CoV, EQ2, EVE, Guild Wars, Hellgate: London, Linneage II, LOTRO, MxO, Planetside, SWG, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WWIIOL, WOW, Age of Conan

• SimbamooseSimbamoose Member Posts: 18

Oh well now I have another single player game.  No biggie for me I wasn't playing it online that much anyway. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well I would not get too excited about that announcement.  Hanbitsoft is at present having fairly significant financial difficulties.  They are a pretty good takeover target right now and even if they manage to avoid such, I suspect some of these so called projects will never get off the ground because of funding problems.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

For cool, and it was one of the scenerios I had invisioned for the NA/EU  but was not 100% sure, since Hanibsoft does not have any of their games in English , yet.

Kinda sucks for us english speaking NA/EU'ers unless we learn another language sounds like the games dead for us

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Franklly since Tiggs is a Namco employee, I would find it hard to see how she/he would have any insight ib=n what Hanbitsoft  is doing for the game. This is probably the best and only product that could show some success in the NA/EU marlket and it would probably not go untried , in my opinion.

Luckily, the nice people at Icarus Software now have Tiggs for the Fallen Earth community. Much better place for her than having to deal with two-bit mediocre games like HG:L.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I will miss this got 2 lvl 50 hardcore elite toons and 16 HCE mode mules full of legendary and uniques... sniff sniff

:(

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Gravedigging?

Some things just are not meant to be... HGL is aparently one of them.

Well, at least not in the US/EU.

• TYinpersonTYinperson Member Posts: 6

it sucked. return of suckage? please no.