Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a fan of PvP but.....

scotczechscotczech Member Posts: 133

It will encourage grouping!! thank God!!

I hate solo play MMORPG's, anti social sad games. EQ2 etc,  shit,all on market at the moment!

Healers will be wanted and targeted offcourse ha ha

So anyway, I will put up with any ganking, group play is what I want, lets get outta this "ME ME ME " attitude and work as a team, if you don't you will be naked ha ha ha

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Yeah, im also a bit tired of all those "forced soloing" MMOs out there. When you ask someone if they wanna team up, i often get "Why?" as a answer.

But with Darkfall we might get all teamplayers into one MMO, and all the solo players into others : )

Maybe not all, we need some cool "lone wolfs" characters (Boba Fett example) to be afraid of.

• nileqnileq Member Posts: 476
    Originally posted by daarco

Yeah, im also a bit tired of all those "forced soloing" MMOs out there. When you ask someone if they wanna team up, i often get "Why?" as a answer.
    But with Darkfall we might get all teamplayers into one MMO, and all the solo players into others : )
    Maybe not all, we need some cool "lone wolfs" characters (Boba Fett example) to be afraid of.

Although my ingame name won't be "boba fett" ;-p I will one of those you need to be afraid of.. be very afraid ;-)

I have nothing clever to say.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by nileq

Originally posted by daarco

Although my ingame name won't be "boba fett" ;-p I will one of those you need to be afraid of.. be very afraid ;-)

Mine will be Boobie Fat but you've nothing to fear, I'll be gentle.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

I'm not fussed on PvP and I tend to prefer solo play to grouping, but I'm stuill very interested in what Darkfall has to offer. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll have a strong economy and crafting system for those of us that don't want to engage in PvP.

• magpie99magpie99 Member Posts: 23

This seems to be something many players overlook when considering Darkfall. PvP will drive this game, but I don't think there will be clear-cut lines "PvPer" and "PvEer", like more of today's games. It's just part of a the environment, which allows for all kinds of play.

• IxnatifualIxnatifual Member Posts: 475

I sort of agree. I think a game should have a solo content side, so that you can always solo, but I think more focus should be given to groups. You spend extra time setting up a group, and you should also be rewarded accordingly. I think it should always be at least as good to group, as it is to solo, given this.

Still remember,  no safe zones and full loot. It doesnt mater if you are a PvPer or a PvEer in Darkfall. Whatever you do or where you travel.....you might stumble on a enemy race invading or a group of bandits sharing loot. And then its up to you to have lots of  friends, and be able to run as a oiled lightning : )

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Grouping is required in WAR.. which is why a lot of people bitch about class balances (everyone wants to be uber..) although some classes in WAR are out of whack (BW?)

It's funny, though, you say "need a healer" given the fact that every toon can learn every skill..  Means you'll never "need a healer" and, sort of drives up an independant attitude.. in that.. you really don't need anyone else.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

Ever heard of "Jack of all trades, Master of none" ?

• flakmonkyflakmonky Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Random_mage

Grouping is required in WAR.. which is why a lot of people bitch about class balances (everyone wants to be uber..) although some classes in WAR are out of whack (BW?)
    It's funny, though, you say "need a healer" given the fact that every toon can learn every skill..  Means you'll never "need a healer" and, sort of drives up an independant attitude.. in that.. you really don't need anyone else.

If this held true, than everyone would be both an artist and an engineer. The idea of specialization, however, comes into play. A group of players that can all fill any role will get absolutely slaughtered by a group of players that have each put an emphasis on a role that supports the roles of the others in the group. If you always play with the same small group of people, you will be able to develope a truly fearful band, so long as you complement each other.

I am a skeptical supporter of DF. I am not a fanboi nor a troll. I seek the truth in every discussion, and I am truly sorry if I mistakenly state a fallacy.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Is it going to have servers without full loot?

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

I doubt it, the whole game is structured around being full loot.

• ElectricdawnElectricdawn Member Posts: 35

Which really doesn't make any sense to me right now. Why full loot, if there is no uberarmor and skill is all what counts? Or is there uberarmor and you can forget about your skill, because the guy best equipped will win? But isn't that one of the main features of Darkfall? No uberarmor. No leveling. Just "skilling" (which, of course, is the same es leveling to me). But why would you need full loot then?

So, what is it now? Still makes no sense to me.

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291
    Originally posted by tkreep

Is it going to have servers without full loot?

Definitely not.

The devs have made it very clear that there will be 1 ruleset at launch and that the game is designed around it, not to appeal to as many people and stray from their initial vision for the game.

Gamers making games for gamers.  Not only for the almighty dollar.

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

• ElectricdawnElectricdawn Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by imbant

Gamers making games for gamers.  Not only for the almighty dollar.

Well, it certainly will be a game for gankers, griefers and the like. I give you that. ;)

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by scotczech

It will encourage grouping!! thank God!!
    I hate solo play MMORPG's, anti social sad games. EQ2 etc,  shit,all on market at the moment!

Healers will be wanted and targeted offcourse ha ha
    So anyway, I will put up with any ganking, group play is what I want, lets get outta this "ME ME ME " attitude and work as a team, if you don't you will be naked ha ha ha

You need to go read up on the game , it is pro soloing, has a vast world for PvE and questing.

It also has Open PVP and FFA looting but if you think that means PvP everywhere you are wrong. Grouping with any other than clan mates will be a death wish. The penalties for killing solo players wnd the loot gained in general just will not be worth it.

Sound like you will find this out though

Originally posted by Electricdawn

Which really doesn't make any sense to me right now. Why full loot, if there is no uberarmor and skill is all what counts? Or is there uberarmor and you can forget about your skill, because the guy best equipped will win? But isn't that one of the main features of Darkfall? No uberarmor. No leveling. Just "skilling" (which, of course, is the same es leveling to me). But why would you need full loot then?

So, what is it now? Still makes no sense to me.

This might sound very stupid. But think how it works in real life. You are able to loot someones items.

There is no uber items in our real world. And they can often be easy replaced if lost. Still, people "loo" eachothers all over the world. And we have done it for thousands of years and will keep doing it.

Now think about DF. Its almost sad that you think there must be uber items to make full loot "work".  Its nothing strange. And just because you can loot it doesnt mean you have to. Darkfall is about freedom. You have a choice.

• ChrysosChrysos Member Posts: 77

I am certainly not a fan of PvP and basically avoid it.  However I do like to play in a game that has PvP even if I try not to participate.  It adds an element of danger and uncertainty.  Also with PvP and areas that you can defend or conquer you can actually make an impact on the game that you'll never get from a PvE game.

What you have to remember about full loot is that you have to hold the field at the end of the battle to be able to loot.  So if you die solo you'll always be looted but if you're in a group and your friends fight off the attackers they can loot your corpse and return the items to you.  Looting in the middle of a fight is usually a good way to die.

I support Belgiums efforts to get noticed ... at all.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

But the problem comes up,

What if you dont have Real Life Friends that also play the game? Will you get the same enjoyment out the game from not being able to find people to group with?

Sort of feels like the PvP that was in Runescape.

Groups of Friends gank players that dont have RL friends in the game.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I don't have a lot of friends that play video games.. however I do have a guild because I meant them in another FFA PvP game (VG).. so.. I'll always have someone to Pal around with.. but that's besides the point..

The FULL loot system will turn this game into a griefing game.. where you learn to HATE the enemy.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• Mazer14Mazer14 Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by tro44_1

But the problem comes up,

What if you dont have Real Life Friends that also play the game? Will you get the same enjoyment out the game from not being able to find people to group with?

Sort of feels like the PvP that was in Runescape.
    Groups of Friends gank players that dont have RL friends in the game.

Basically none of my friends play PC games (save for some WoW wankers) yet I've managed to work into a circle of like-minded players for MMOs (UO freeshards, and WAR now, but the latter is already dying off for us) as well as CS. Makes gaming much more enjoyable.

It's an MMO ffs. Talk to people, make 'friends' in game, join a clan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Self-confessed DF fanboy. Finally a real ****ing MMO.