Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this not a break of the forum rules ?

13»

Comments

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by Polikarpov
    Originally posted by thark  

You are wrong or somewhat wrong..
    They are "locking" I quit threads, to my knowledge they haven't deleted any I quit threads..
    And seriously what is there to discuss regarding a player that has canceled his account more than fuel for a flamewar..
    And regarding the "bumping" It isn't bumped it's beiing moderated because some players could not stay on topic in this thread..
    /junker

Um.. I don't know.. maybe..
    Try to understand why he left and fix the game so that others like him don't leave!!!!!!!!!!
    With a comment like that I gotta ask. Do you work for FC?

I agree on this, but naming your thread "I had it or I quit" 80-90 % of the time end up in a flamewar for various reasons..

If you care to improve the game, write that after quitting instead, it's not against the forum rules to discuss improvements to the game..

It's posting "I quit threads" that are against the rules.

And no I do not work for FunCom and I recently quit AoC myself...

/junker

• Gaius2Gaius2 Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Malickie

Not that I agree with Nazi moderation, SOE ruined official forums for me, so I really don't visit them any longer. The problem is everyone knows how FC handles their forums, you know if you post about an issue more than once it's going to get deleted, you're going to get warned or banned then you're going to come here to start a thread on it.
    There's really nothing any of us can do about it, as was pointed out it's their house, if you come to mine and keep complaining you didn't like my roast beef, I'm going to remove you from my home it's as simple as that.
    That doesn't mean that's how a business should handle paying customers, it just means we have no say in how they handle their guests.

TBH, how comes SOE here? I am playing EQ2 since 3 years and a half, using their forums too, but so far, i have more problem with your signature, than with SOE boards.

Gaius

• courtsdadcourtsdad Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by courtsdad

Just for anyone who may not have been around the FC forums let me just say that to say that people were banned or topics locked had it coming is absolutely 100% a lie. Sure there were some but there were many that were banned because they didnt announce theor love of AOC to the world and instead made on topic suggestions. Of course as is typical in an area so heavily patrolled by rent-a-cop moderators you wont find those posts because THEY WERE DELETED.
    And some of you wonder why people stick around to advise people on who they are dealing with if they choose to play AOC. Shame on you all.

And be careful because they are trying to do the same here. Apparently there is a move afoot to spam the abuse button here to get people banned if they dont toe the AOC line. I dont blame MMORP but it does seem that they need to read posts alittle closer when they are reported. Hopefully if accounts that have been around for sometime are banned for discussing the blatant viral marketing going on here then the obvious multi-accounting viral marketers have been similarily banned.

I'm sure there are those who were banned without provocation. That's what happens when you have a forum mess on your hands. I've seen it on the AOC board, SOE(swg) boards and even here. The problem is when you have a mess of a forum, moderators get testy even the professionals.

No one is surprised that there are people here who attempt to give a fair view of what to expect as a FC customer. That's perfectly legit, I doubt many would disagree. The problems stem from those who have ulterior motives on both sides. They blend in to the group with legitimate gripes, yet resort to abusive actions to solidify their point.

As for this site and its moderation.

When there's so much of this going on, what is a moderator to do?  They're bound to make mistakes from time to time, that's why they allow you to petition about your dismissal. If you do this right off the bat, there's a greater chance of regaining your posting privileges. On the other hand if you simply make an alt account and attempt to blend in as a new user, don't let it be known. Otherwise you're going to get snagged again.

Yes that was my point. I think theres a certain group here or afew people with multiple accounts who report anything they dont like. Not violations of forum rules but just things they dont agree with and occssionally a MMORPG Mod bans someone based on volume alone.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

When there's so much of this going on, what is a moderator to do?  They're bound to make mistakes from time to time, that's why they allow you to petition about your dismissal. If you do this right off the bat, there's a greater chance of regaining your posting privileges. On the other hand if you simply make an alt account and attempt to blend in as a new user, don't let it be known. Otherwise you're going to get snagged again.

Yes that was my point. I think theres a certain group here or afew people with multiple accounts who report anything they dont like. Not violations of forum rules but just things they dont agree with and occssionally a MMORPG Mod bans someone based on volume alone.

Edit - Nvm - sent off to the mods here...

FYI below poster is really someone else...

• arkady09arkady09 Member Posts: 245

Just for anyone who may not have been around the FC forums let me just say that to say that people were banned or topics locked had it coming is absolutely 100% a lie. Sure there were some but there were many that were banned because they didnt announce theor love of AOC to the world and instead made on topic suggestions. Of course as is typical in an area so heavily patrolled by rent-a-cop moderators you wont find those posts because THEY WERE DELETED.
    And some of you wonder why people stick around to advise people on who they are dealing with if they choose to play AOC. Shame on you all.

And be careful because they are trying to do the same here. Apparently there is a move afoot to spam the abuse button here to get people banned if they dont toe the AOC line. I dont blame MMORP but it does seem that they need to read posts alittle closer when they are reported. Hopefully if accounts that have been around for sometime are banned for discussing the blatant viral marketing going on here then the obvious multi-accounting viral marketers have been similarily banned.

I'm sure there are those who were banned without provocation. That's what happens when you have a forum mess on your hands. I've seen it on the AOC board, SOE(swg) boards and even here. The problem is when you have a mess of a forum, moderators get testy even the professionals.

No one is surprised that there are people here who attempt to give a fair view of what to expect as a FC customer. That's perfectly legit, I doubt many would disagree. The problems stem from those who have ulterior motives on both sides. They blend in to the group with legitimate gripes, yet resort to abusive actions to solidify their point.

I agree. Im given warnings for things that are simple discussion. Yet the fanbois seem immune to action. Interesting.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Polikarpov

I've actually got a good example of this, sent to me through a pm. I'll remove the name, so I don't seem like to much of an ass.

Read Mail - response to your post

Inbox
    Unverified Inbox
    Outbox
    Compose
    Reply To Sender
    Return
    Previous
    Next

Hi!
    I had to PM because I'm going to banned if I post this on the forums :)
    You said:

"I have to call B.S. on both of these posts. The only reason any post gets removed is because it breaks a rule, there are no rules broken in the above post you both are quoting. There's no rule that says you can love a game to much, or hate a game to much. The proof against both of your claims is that there are 100 times more negative posts made than positive. Look on any thread in this sub forum and you will see that proof."
    What you said is true for most of posters here but not all. Not for me anyways. I'm 99% sure my IP is blacklisted by MMORPG mods or something.
    I started my "crusade" against FC couple of weeks ago because I honestly think the game is really bad and I was fed up with FC lying to us. I decided to do my small part in burning them to the ground so that us, the community, would get better service next time.
    I've posted here hundreds of times. I've had many discussions with you with different accounts :) I've had maybe total of 20 different accounts here. Why so many? Well, because I've been banned a lot.
    I think my first ban came when I accused Avery of getting money or steak dinners from FC. He didn't like it I guess. Every now and then I had to call out these shills here and every now and then I got banned again. No big deal, I could always make a new account. I have this "system" with which I can make another account in a minute without much hassle. I've been calling out and maybe even harrased these shills because they piss me off and ruin the community. I don't think I've ever broken any other rules in RoC.
    After maybe 3-4 bans things changed. I didn't get a warning, just a ban. And I would get a ban for doing nothing. One post - ban. Two posts - ban. I even got one ban a minute after I had made a new account. Clearly there was a mod waiting for me with his finger on a button. And all this while I didn't break any RoC.
    For example today I made a new account (I was banned during the night) and I started a regular post asking about what people wanted for possible new endgame content. Instant ban, that thread deleted and couple of other posts deleted too. My whole account was wiped out of existence.
    I sent email to MMORPG today hoping they would remove me from the blacklist. We'll have to see how it goes.
    You probably won't be hearing from me (using this account) again because I don't expect to live much longer :) But I'll meet on the battlefield with a different name.

Just to remove any doubt from other users here - it was me who wrote this PM on my old account.

Wow, I have to say it really surprised me that Malickie posted my PM for all to see. Personally I respect other peoples privacy a lot and would never post PM's to general public. I think it tells a lot about character when a person does that. It's not that big of a deal because I could have started a new thread about this subject if it hadn't been against RoC. It's not like this was a "secret" PM or anything. Everything I said is 100% truth and I still feel the same way. But in my eyes it still doesn't give him the right to use my PM like this. Respect is lost, that's for sure.

Meh,,, this thread is derailed enough so anyway.

"Multiple Accounts

* If the staff of MMORPG.com discovers that a user is creating and/or using multiple accounts, that user, and all accounts, both past and present, will be banned from MMORPG.com."

If you are banned, there is a reason for it. And making a new account to cuircumvent that ban deserves nothing but a new ban. Doesn't it. It takes as far as I remember a couple of bans to get the account permbanned. So... there is safe to say that there is a reason behind it.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• LughsanLughsan Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by Frobner

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=98960
    All posts saying you are leaving and have chancelled are locked or deleted.
    Post that says your back is not only open - it is bumped by 3 mods....

Seriously - Stick to rules or just say  "We make our own rules whenever we see fit" 

Are you as stupid as this question makes you sound? The one is canceling... and negative .. the other is subscribing and positive...

Which would you prefer the positive or the negative? 

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

It baffles me how people can still play this game, it's a real headspin, after all the months of bullshit, people still keep handing over their money, just keep handing it over.

O_o o_O

• courtsdadcourtsdad Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Edit - Nvm - sent off to the mods here...

FYI below poster is really someone else...

Me?