Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A lot of people play?

CarpeNoctumXCarpeNoctumX Member Posts: 33

Is this game still played by a lot of people? I heard the new expansion makes the grind a lot better then before so I'm interested in trying this game again. So yeah, is the game still populated or have most people left?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
WoW: 70 NE Rogue(Akama)
FFXI: 75DRK/37WAR/18SAM/12THF(Fenrir)
Currently playing: Warhammer Online(or at least trying to).

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

yes the game is still populated. I would suggest you play on Teon(euro) or on Phoenix. Those 2 are the most populated Euro and US servers. All the others arent bad, but they dont have very high populations.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• CarpeNoctumXCarpeNoctumX Member Posts: 33

Can you transfer characters? I have a level 41 and a level 18 in my account and I'd likke to pick it up from there.

yeah, you can transfer characters across servers.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

you can get to level 41 in a week...or two... so no pint of transfer :)

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by CarpeNoctumX

Is this game still played by a lot of people? I heard the new expansion makes the grind a lot better then before so I'm interested in trying this game again. So yeah, is the game still populated or have most people left?

It will only matter if you chose to engage these ppl on L2's terms, not yours.

This means you must understand L2 first, its design, race/class relationships, class roles and their design for the end game. Understand what constitutes the end game.

Are there ppl, ofcourse. The average clan size is between 10 and 20 ppl and there are lots and lots of clans out there catering to an equally diverse set of playstyles. This does not mean everyone will be successfull or reach the end game in a state to be competitive. There are generally a smaller number of politically active clans on each server which tend to dominate the end game. Which you chose to join will depend on your level of commitment.

Allegiance to any of these will bring you both the rewards of comraderie, assistance with progression, equipment and ultimately a purpose in line with clan goals which we all strive for in our MMO's. However, these come at a price. The price is set by the nature of L2, its economy, and the clan goals defining the conditions which distinguish success from failure. Ultimately the currency is your time online, consistency and your personality.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by Ellyrion
    Originally posted by CarpeNoctumX Is this game still played by a lot of people? I heard the new expansion makes the grind a lot better then before so I'm interested in trying this game again. So yeah, is the game still populated or have most people left?
    This means you must understand L2 first, its design, race/class relationships, class roles and their design for the end game. Understand what constitutes the end game.
    Are there ppl, ofcourse. The average clan size is between 10 and 20 ppl and there are lots and lots of clans out there catering to an equally diverse set of playstyles. This does not mean everyone will be successfull or reach the end game in a state to be competitive. There are generally a smaller number of politically active clans on each server which tend to dominate the end game. Which you chose to join will depend on your level of commitment.
    Allegiance to any of these will bring you both the rewards of comraderie, assistance with progression, equipment and ultimately a purpose in line with clan goals which we all strive for in our MMO's. However, these come at a price. The price is set by the nature of L2, its economy, and the clan goals defining the conditions which distinguish success from failure. Ultimately the currency is your time online, consistency and your personality.
    Regards,
    Ellyrion Fiallathandriel
    The Reckless Knight
    Lunatris

Wow, sounds like a bunch of RP gibberish...

Simply, if you start the game new, reroll on Bartz if you are a new player. No other server matters.

If US: Bartz
    If EU: Teon

If you're below A Grade, just reroll. Don't bother with server transfer (unless you have multiple toons/multiple accounts that you'd have to reroll).

L2 terms are non-factor. The game is too dead to worry about L2 Terms, and it can't even be played largely in the way it was designed to be played on most servers because it simply does not have sufficient player population.

Originally posted by UbahNecro

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

Simply, if you start the game new, reroll on Bartz if you are a new player. No other server matters.

If you're below A Grade, just reroll. Don't bother with server transfer (unless you have multiple toons/multiple accounts that you'd have to reroll).

L2 terms are non-factor. The game is too dead to worry about L2 Terms, and it can't even be played largely in the way it was designed to be played on most servers because it simply does not have sufficient player population.

Well I guess I won't be coming back....damn. I've always wanted to get into this game too.

• evilslimeevilslime Member Posts: 6

How would they make grinding better? They already had it good when I quit it.

By....not making it a grind? Or making the grind NOT take you 2 years to get to end-game(exageration...or is it?). I dunno, I like everything else  about this game but grinding just isn't for me.

By....not making it a grind? Or making the grind NOT take you 2 years to get to end-game(exageration...or is it?). I dunno, I like everything else  about this game but grinding just isn't for me.

recent patch means you can get to level 60-75 in a month.

so no that mutch if a grind till level 75

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

At GMT peak only Teon was high pop.

Man the graphics are stunning on this game xD

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

teon is hight pretty mush all day every day :p

• Shadow0429Shadow0429 Member Posts: 22

I just recently found out that if you want your character transfered you gotta pay money and i find that stupid and i think that the service should be free. 

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

L2 is more populated by real players now than it has been in a long time.

Originally posted by isurus

L2 is more populated by real players now than it has been in a long time.

Yes. levelling has gotten mush easier so there so really to excuse to use them now.

Originally posted by Shadow0429

I just recently found out that if you want your character transfered you gotta pay money and i find that stupid and i think that the service should be free. 

name one mmo where toon transfer is 100% free.

• Shadow0429Shadow0429 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by Shadow0429

name one mmo where toon transfer is 100% free.

Non but i think it's a stupid idea of NCsoft for charging people for to transfer their character to another server.

• RuckupRuckup Member Posts: 111

Warhammer has free transfers.

Just pick whichever server you have the lowest ping too, jeez. L2 isn't one of these MMOs with 25 empty servers and 5 full ones. All servers have a decent population. The Euro servers are a little more crowded than the others but that isn't necessarily a good thing.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Ruckup

Warhammer has free transfers.

To less populated servers.

• Lets imagine for a moment that you start a new account, pick your race & class.

Now, the first thing you will notice is your map, it's HUGE! Your in one of the starter towns & you shout to say "Hello lineage2!!! Im a new player".  (insert cliche cricket sound & anime sweat drop). In other words, your already screwed.

Now lets be optimistic, say you manage to get to level 20 & complete your first class transfer. Your able to participate in the seven sign dungeouns (which is probably the fastest xp to 40).  Assuming you register on the week that allows you to enter, otherwise your screwed. Moving on, from 20 to 40 it's going to be the same thing all over again. Except this time your not alone, you've just met your first friend, MR Adena. He's got 8 party members that follow him around in an orderly fashion & for some strange reason he doesn't seem to communicate with the outside world. But hey, you may get  lucky & find a player re-rolling or just having fun with an alt.

Assuming you make it to level 40, you just finished the really long & boring quest for your 2nd class transfer. Well congradulations, pat yourself on the back you beat the odds. So your really getting into the game at this point, you have some gear , some spare adena & a rough idea of where to level. You feel like things are finally starting to pick up. Perhaps around this time you try to join a guild/clan whatever you call them.

Guilds/Clans are a mixed bag, your going to need someone in your level range (+- 10 levels) to be ON & willing to party with you. Furthurmore you WILL need buffs, because without them your screwed. You may opt to pay for a 2nd account or perhaps you would prefer to depend on guild members. Again, I would suggest NOT depending on other people because you WILL get frustrated. Ideally you want a clan that uses teamspeak or one of those online voice chatting softwares. Because you dont really make friends through chatting, it's so much better to hear the other persons voice, get an idea of what age or mindset they may have. It's also probably the only way to really bond with people in the game. People just dont pay attention to the chat window. While im on the subject of partying, the party matching window is mainly used to sell equipment (lol)

Lets say you manage to struggle your way to level 50. This is going to be your first xp wall, there is another @ 55, 60, 65, 70, 73 (big one), 74, 75. From 76 & on it gets rediculous. What this means, is your getting substantially less experience for killing the same monsters. WHich your killing over & over & over & over & over etc...

Lets assume your really hardcore & manage to get to level 76 your able to hit your 3rd & final class change quest. But guess what, your best skills are at 78 & higher. SO thats probably a good few more months of grinding. At which point your finally able to compete against other players. WHEW! Alot of work just to get somewhere decent. Forget Hero or Olympiads because they are controlled by the top clans on the servers. So are the raid bosses & so are the castles.

When the game first started it was better. Everyone was around the same level range, doing the same quests exping in the same areas. It's was so much better before they put all this content & most of it isn't used.

Im sorry if I sound kinda synical, but i've played this game for around 2 years since release & you know i get to see the worst & the best. It's just not worth the time sink & the investment. Your probably better off playing on a private server to get a taste of the classes & skills. There just isn't enough choice for online mmorpg at this time. And they are all the same shit lol

Originally posted by Shadowschild

Lets imagine for a moment that you start a new account, pick your race & class.

Now, the first thing you will notice is your map, it's HUGE! Your in one of the starter towns & you shout to say "Hello lineage2!!! Im a new player".  (insert cliche cricket sound & anime sweat drop). In other words, your already screwed.
    Now lets be optimistic, say you manage to get to level 20 & complete your first class transfer. Your able to participate in the seven sign dungeouns (which is probably the fastest xp to 40).  Assuming you register on the week that allows you to enter, otherwise your screwed. Moving on, from 20 to 40 it's going to be the same thing all over again. Except this time your not alone, you've just met your first friend, MR Adena. He's got 8 party members that follow him around in an orderly fashion & for some strange reason he doesn't seem to communicate with the outside world. But hey, you may get  lucky & find a player re-rolling or just having fun with an alt.
    Assuming you make it to level 40, you just finished the really long & boring quest for your 2nd class transfer. Well congradulations, pat yourself on the back you beat the odds. So your really getting into the game at this point, you have some gear , some spare adena & a rough idea of where to level. You feel like things are finally starting to pick up. Perhaps around this time you try to join a guild/clan whatever you call them.
    Guilds/Clans are a mixed bag, your going to need someone in your level range (+- 10 levels) to be ON & willing to party with you. Furthurmore you WILL need buffs, because without them your screwed. You may opt to pay for a 2nd account or perhaps you would prefer to depend on guild members. Again, I would suggest NOT depending on other people because you WILL get frustrated. Ideally you want a clan that uses teamspeak or one of those online voice chatting softwares. Because you dont really make friends through chatting, it's so much better to hear the other persons voice, get an idea of what age or mindset they may have. It's also probably the only way to really bond with people in the game. People just dont pay attention to the chat window. While im on the subject of partying, the party matching window is mainly used to sell equipment (lol)
    Lets say you manage to struggle your way to level 50. This is going to be your first xp wall, there is another @ 55, 60, 65, 70, 73 (big one), 74, 75. From 76 & on it gets rediculous. What this means, is your getting substantially less experience for killing the same monsters. WHich your killing over & over & over & over & over etc...
    Lets assume your really hardcore & manage to get to level 76 your able to hit your 3rd & final class change quest. But guess what, your best skills are at 78 & higher. SO thats probably a good few more months of grinding. At which point your finally able to compete against other players. WHEW! Alot of work just to get somewhere decent. Forget Hero or Olympiads because they are controlled by the top clans on the servers. So are the raid bosses & so are the castles.
    When the game first started it was better. Everyone was around the same level range, doing the same quests exping in the same areas. It's was so much better before they put all this content & most of it isn't used.
    Im sorry if I sound kinda synical, but i've played this game for around 2 years since release & you know i get to see the worst & the best. It's just not worth the time sink & the investment. Your probably better off playing on a private server to get a taste of the classes & skills. There just isn't enough choice for online mmorpg at this time. And they are all the same shit lol

this is a good example of what it was like pre-gracia. Leveling is not as bad as it was before. And saying you need buffs or somebody to grind with at 40 is complete bullshit, you have noobie buffs and im grinding just fine by myself. I cant comment on anything else since i stopped reading there.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by UbahNecro

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

A grade is easy to obtain now.

The game can be played like it has always been about - clans.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

L2 was, is and will stay one of a kind MMO.

It isn't just a simple korean grind, it's a world.

L2 was the best at what it was focused on: Clans and Large-scale PvP.

When you die in L2, you aren't just taken back to the town with a lame death penalty. It will make you feel like you were defeated(Death used to mean defeat in older MMOs).

FFA PvP and full open world was also great. You had to live with the "I COULD GET KILLED BY SOMEONE AT ANY TIME" feeling, absent in these new MMO failures.

Compare L2's castles with WAR's ones...Sure it(used to,atleast) has the grind and the annoying bots but it was an almost complete PvP MMO: True MMO scale battles, e-peen fights and clan wars, disputed over a true open world.

I'd grind like in C3 again in another MMO with L2's OPVP and world.

Originally posted by Thenarius

FFA PvP and full open world was also great. You had to live with the "I COULD GET KILLED BY SOMEONE AT ANY TIME" feeling, absent in these new MMO failures.

QFT. Another game that gives you this feeling = Eve Online, but other than that none that I've ever played.