Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MegaWolf's Review and screens!!! ASK ME STUFF!!!

MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

Ok i have been in beta a while and i can finally tell people what i think ::::01::::::01::::::01::::::01::...

i am sure you have seen a lot of people talk about the game so im gonna sum it down... IT IS FUN!

Ok time for some screens.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

Comments

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

Ok, now about the game. Its hard to go into a lot of detail because there is sooo much. and im sure you have heard it all. ::::39:: . So, if you do have any questions i will gladly answer them...

• ShatterShatter Member Posts: 172

Have you heard anything about Necro's? I want to know something about there pet's and spells please =).

not too much, i have seen a lot of summoners, the necro sub class. The pets they summon are mostly insects from what i have seen. I honestly have not gotten in to the casters yet. Im working on fighters. I have a Crusader on Beta 2 which is keeping me occupide. There is so much to do even when youare not leveling. I spent a whole day looking for armor quests and had a blast exploring.

So far my favorite quest is the Tour Antonica quest where you visit major landmarks... at the end you get a 10 slot bag.

• DregaDrega Member Posts: 225

Originally posted by MegaWolf

i am sure you have seen a lot of people talk about the game so im gonna sum it down... IT IS FUN!

Best review I've read so far image. Nice SS's also.

"SOE shot my dog, killed my parents, stole my wife, and kiddnapped my lawn gnome."

This place is full of tree-huggers and tofu fartn' faeries...

I hope i get something more than a swarm of pissed off bugs to comand ::::25::.

Anyways...

How do the spells look to you? Alot of cool particle effects?

I have been hearing that the landscape is rather bland, what do you think?

Do you see any classes that seem overpowered or underpowered to you?

Lag.. Has it been getting better as beta moves along?

And last question is how do you like the instanced quests zones?

Im pretty sure necros get skellies.

Spells look really cool. Especially SoW. there is a lot of animation in them (the screen where i am on fire is a spell casted on me)

I like the land scape, depends on your settings really.

Right now Priests can solo a little easier than all the other classes, but they might change that.

Lag is not bad, but it is there. It is not so much of a problem that there is any complaints though.

Its good for groups... no KSing which i like.

Cool thanks man ::::20::

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Did anyone else just happen to smile when they saw the image of Holly Windstalker's grave? I used to hate leveling in qeynos because of her. At times bears and wolfs tended to be the best source of exereince depending on the level but having to always look around to make sure she was coming over a hill was annoying. You couldn't depend yourself if one of the animals aggroed on you or she'd attack you as well. Good to finally see her good. Just hope she didn't have any children, etc and I hope there isn't another version of her walking around Norrath now 500 years later.

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    What are your specs and what settings are you running it at and how does it perform? image

Originally posted by Effect
    Did anyone else just happen to smile when they saw the image of Holly Windstalker's grave? I used to hate leveling in qeynos because of her. At times bears and wolfs tended to be the best source of exereince depending on the level but having to always look around to make sure she was coming over a hill was annoying. You couldn't depend yourself if one of the animals aggroed on you or she'd attack you as well. Good to finally see her good. Just hope she didn't have any children, etc and I hope there isn't another version of her walking around Norrath now 500 years later._______________
    EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

They named a village and a Lake after her.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Would you say the game is for hard core of casual gamers? This other guy on the forums is saying its fun if you dont like challenges and its for slow ppl. Which I do not believe. ( I do not believe any thing he says actually :D ) Have you found the lvling to be boring and easy? or more fast paced?

I remember always looking around for some of the aggros and extremely over powered for their lvl NPCs. I did like it in some ways, it made you have to be on your toes. But I didnt like getting killed everytime. I think if they made a average aggro npc then it would be more fun.

Signaturen-Creator

Originally posted by 9216544
    Would you say the game is for hard core of casual gamers? This other guy on the forums is saying its fun if you dont like challenges and its for slow ppl. Which I do not believe. ( I do not believe any thing he says actually :D ) Have you found the lvling to be boring and easy? or more fast paced?I remember always looking around for some of the aggros and extremely over powered for their lvl NPCs. I did like it in some ways, it made you have to be on your toes. But I didnt like getting killed everytime. I think if they made a average aggro npc then it would be more fun.image
    Signaturen-Creator

This game can be for both. There are times where im on for like 10 minutes just to do one thin gand there other times where i spend hours doing a task. It is a challenging game. Especially in groups. It requires a lot of teamwork and battles are pretty fast paced. You can't level real quick soling, grouping and questing is what gets you higher faster.

Mobs still agro like in EQL and it gives you the feel that you need to keep on your toes.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Great! I hate slow paced games where it takes you 10 seconds to hit the damn mob.

Signaturen-Creator