Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resto Druid or Resto Shaman? (PvP)

I'm in the beginning stages of thinking about resubscribing to WoW. While I've been playing other MMOs, I've really come to like the healing classes. Plus, I hated being an Undead Rogue, one of the most overplayed classes in the history of WoW.

With that said, being a primarily PvP player, which class would be better for me, Druid or Shaman? I like doing Arenas, but I think Wintergrasp looks fun, and of course Battlegrounds are always in the mix. I've never played a healer "for real" on WoW before, so I'm wondering which one I should go with.

I know Druid was the "overpowered" healer in BC, at least in Arenas, and I was wondering if that was still the case...

Comments

• TurnellTurnell Member Posts: 239

Welcome to PvP healing! One of the best aspects of PvP remains relativly unknown. DPS is a dime a dozen, its The PvP healer who decides which side wins or loses

With that, Both druid and shaman have solid abilities in PvP healing. I am biased to Druids, but I believe shamans level faster

I say, try em both for a few levels and see which one you like better

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

In arenas, 2v2 and 3v3, it's still mostly druids. 

• SignoreSignore Member Posts: 127

Even though I didn't PvP heal too much on my Druid... I think they are alot better at it.. mind you I was in mostly PvE gear so my Mp regen and everything was great.

I would just throw hots to random players in need and save bigger or instant heals for emergencys.. but no one dies with my hots on em  =)

• SwiftSaberSwiftSaber Member Posts: 10

with the new changes to druids i'd say pick the class that seems the more apealling to you. Druids are not gonna be as dominant as they were in previous arenas seasons after wrath. Nerfs to lifebloom and increase burst abilities from all classes makes druids more dependable on nourish and regrowth to keep people up. in other words druids wont be able to hot,cyclone and lolkittyform away to drink that easily anymore.

on the other hand shamans are getting even more survivability with the new riptide, makes them even harder to be killed by any melee(and casters too really) than they were before.

with that said you played wow before so you know how these classes are played, just pick the one that you think you'll enjoy playing more. i have a disc priest with 2100 2v2,5v5 and 2000s 3v3, rolled a druid alts by the end of season 3 and got him 2s and 3s in the low 2000s. even tho i'm doing a lot better on my priest im still gonna be leveling my druid to 80 first because i enjoy playing it a lot more, and thats all that matters :P

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

BIggest change I noticed was because of the nockback changes. Rather, the ability to basicly stop nockback. Makes shaman alot more viable imo then they used to be. That said I still prefer my druid.

• ParkCarsHereParkCarsHere Member Posts: 666

Cool, thanks for the advice guys.

I think I will continue to progress my Shaman then. I always had him on the backburner because they seemed to be one of the worst healers for end-game Arena PvP. I already had a 24 Druid and a 46 Shaman, so I guess it makes more sense to continue with my Shaman at this point in time :).

I guess the real question I was asking is, are Shamans viable, or, are Druids still the "overpowered" healers, which you guys answered for me.

EDIT: Xenogias, we posted at the same time or I would've added this.. what do you mean by being able to stop knockbacks? Shamans have an ability like that?

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

i'm not gonna bother reading the other posts all i've read is the title of this post the answer is

DRUID.

Sure totems help but druid's top Shamans on mp5 and are pure hot, no getting thumped back when you're in arena's , a rogue isnt going to "kick" a rejuvenation but i'm pretty sure they'll kick a chain heal, that's the only arguement for druid i feel i need, all hots with a new aoe hot, go with druid, shamans have been blizz's raiding healer for a long time, and druid the latter so.. go with ta shapeshifta mon!

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW