Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think the next expansion will be? (Poll)

2»

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Obzerver

Probably a tie between The Maelstrom and The Emerald Dream for me. But to be honest, I really dont know why they would consider releasing another ex-pack. They are already working on a next gen MMO. Dosen't make sense to compete with your own product.
    Also remember that Diablo 3 could/should release before the next ex-pack and will pull alot of people from WoW. I know its not an MMO but depending how they market the new battle.net (thats whether they carge a sub fee or not) alot of people will leave WoW and pick up Diablo 3 if it has free online play. i know i would even if it didnt.
    People attribute WoW's success to its namesake RTS, and, for most of the part thats true. But a good deal of people came over from Diablo as well. Its easier to make the jump from an action RPG to a MMORPG than doing the same from a RTS. 

So what you suggest? Blizzard to stop supporting the most profitable game with over 11 mil subscribers? That would be beyond dumb. Blizzard wont stop releasing new expansions until it stops being profitable, which wont happen in decades. And they already stated that their new MMO would not compete with WoW since it has very different setting and gameplay.