Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warhammer and peacecraft

before i start let me just say i like both games i intend to alternate between both but i can see how warhammer will do well . it really does do pvp better than warcraft ( when you play on a medium to high server) . because of its pvp bias its pointless playing on a low server .

it really proberbly takes you 2-3 months to get a character leveled in wow and to a point where you get to the more interesting aspects of gameplay . if you like pve its an enjoyable enough journey but if you do it more than a couple of times it gets old quickly . wows pvp used to be interesting when a lot of people used to get into world pvp . but  with changes to the game it was neatly boxed into the limited battleground situation . ii gather that the lich king will endevour to change this ... but again you ll have to play 2-5 months to get there . depending on how much you play ..

warhammer is action packed by comparrison . once theres a free trial and wow players that get bored of the new content , people will see this for themselves. theres an injoke in warhammer that refers to warcraft as peacecraft . maybe a little unfair because wows pvp is nt that bad its just it become neatly boxed up and its really pvp with a safty net under it .

you can lose in the battlegrounds and still get enough xp to easily get your epic or whatever . the only real pvp challenge is in the arenas . but thats really very much dependant on gear and not how you play .

is warhammer better than warcraft ... well no and yes . it does many things better than warcraft and other things worse  (but remember its early days) . it depends it your someone who likes the safly of the repetative pve and pvp you get in wow or the abundant pvp but somewhat limited pve (in comparrison) you ll get in warhammer .

both have war  thier title . but one really is more peaceful =warcraft . i cant play warhammer in window mode and chat to friends on msn  . but i can warcraft . nuff said .

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by googajoob7

before i start let me just say i like both games i intend to alternate between both but i can see how warhammer will do well . it really does do pvp better than warcraft ( when you play on a medium to high server) . because of its pvp bias its pointless playing on a low server .
    it really proberbly takes you 2-3 months to get a character leveled in wow and to a point where you get to the more interesting aspects of gameplay . if you like pve its an enjoyable enough journey but if you do it more than a couple of times it gets old quickly . wows pvp used to be interesting when a lot of people used to get into world pvp . but  with changes to the game it was neatly boxed into the limited battleground situation . ii gather that the lich king will endevour to change this ... but again you ll have to play 2-5 months to get there . depending on how much you play ..
    warhammer is action packed by comparrison . once theres a free trial and wow players that get bored of the new content , people will see this for themselves. theres an injoke in warhammer that refers to warcraft as peacecraft . maybe a little unfair because wows pvp is nt that bad its just it become neatly boxed up and its really pvp with a safty net under it .
    you can lose in the battlegrounds and still get enough xp to easily get your epic or whatever . the only real pvp challenge is in the arenas . but thats really very much dependant on gear and not how you play .
    is warhammer better than warcraft ... well no and yes . it does many things better than warcraft and other things worse  (but remember its early days) . it depends it your someone who likes the safly of the repetative pve and pvp you get in wow or the abundant pvp but somewhat limited pve (in comparrison) you ll get in warhammer .
    both have war  thier title . but one really is more peaceful =warcraft . i cant play warhammer in window mode and chat to friends on msn  . but i can warcraft . nuff said .

Well for me WAR has more PvP options, although most of WARs pop are in battlegrounds all the time, but the act of PvP'ing in WoW is far more fun, slick and fluid, then the clunky, jerky, warpy, out of sync mess that is WAR PvP. IMHO

• arthen999arthen999 Member Posts: 183

Actually no more so than Warcraft was in its first months . Wow definatly is more slick but it should be its several years old now . There are a few things in Warhammer that need to be sorted out . Such as allowing player to enter balltegrounds (senarios) in the middle of public quest areas . You must ve only played tier 1 and maybe a little of tier 2 . I ve had no porblem finding people to pve quest with or do world pvp with . The problem also it being the first month many people were still sussing out the game and took the fastest leveling option . Thats starting to change a lot now .Give Warhammer 6 months and it ll be every bit a slick as Warcraft is now and be there ready and waiting to snap up all wow players bored with the new content .

IMO it is as good as wow was in its first year . Once theres a free trial i think it will proberbly get 1-2 million subs by the end of its first year .Nowhere near as good as wow but still the strongest competition to date .

As for the wowkiller well thats a few years away i think . It ll only come when we all have a lot faster pcs and can play a game that makes wow look like ultima looks now in comparison .

Till then Warhammer and Warcraft will be the two biggest beasts in the jungle .

• strategystrategy Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by arthen999

Actually no more so than Warcraft was in its first months . Wow definatly is more slick but it should be its several years old now . There are a few things in Warhammer that need to be sorted out . Such as allowing player to enter balltegrounds (senarios) in the middle of public quest areas . You must ve only played tier 1 and maybe a little of tier 2 . I ve had no porblem finding people to pve quest with or do world pvp with . The problem also it being the first month many people were still sussing out the game and took the fastest leveling option . Thats starting to change a lot now .Give Warhammer 6 months and it ll be every bit a slick as Warcraft is now and be there ready and waiting to snap up all wow players bored with the new content .
    IMO it is as good as wow was in its first year . Once theres a free trial i think it will proberbly get 1-2 million subs by the end of its first year .Nowhere near as good as wow but still the strongest competition to date .
    As for the wowkiller well thats a few years away i think . It ll only come when we all have a lot faster pcs and can play a game that makes wow look like ultima looks now in comparison .

Unbelievable that  War pushers still want to hang their bandwagon on to Wow.

Still dreaming of 1 - 2 million subscriptions while only 6 weeks after launch the servers are already merged.

http://www.xfire.com/games/who/Warhammer_Online_Age_of_Reckoning/

The game is out of everything at the moment and people just don't like to play it.

Here is the stats of the MMO's top being played.

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

And the free trial period n EU isn't even over for the CE editions....That's for next week.

800 K accounted created and 60% drops in population after ... 6 weeks.

Like I said earlier: they better fire the War PvP animation team and take a good look at the polishment of that other game they so much wanted to be like ...

Sad, very sad.

I hope you understand that after this winter the War beast will be the size of a frog (IF EA still wants it to be alive in 10 months). Just have a look at that press release of EA. Very telling about War (biggest launch in EA history they thought... well it's not even close to other games EA released and it is mentioned in their press statement).

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Originally posted by strategy

Still dreaming of 1 - 2 million subscriptions while only 6 weeks after launch the servers are already merged.

The game is out of everything at the moment and people just don't like to play it.

And the free trial period n EU isn't even over for the CE editions....That's for next week.

Like I said earlier: they better fire the War PvP animation team and take a good look at the polishment of that other game they so much wanted to be like ...

Sad, very sad.

Hi Azirile/ScamMan! You're like a boomerang! Internet boomerang...

*waves*

And OP: I generally agree with you, but I don't think WAR will break the million sub mark in the next year. After most of the issues are fixed (which appear to be being mostly resolved in 1.1) most people who quit have mentioned that they'll probably re-sub. That, plus trials, and the server 'merges' will start bringing the population up around 600-700k.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    warhammer is action packed by comparrison . once theres a free trial and wow players that get bored of the new content , people will see this for themselves.

What makes you think free trials will change anything?  The majority of players I know in WoW have already tried and dropped WAR. Why? Because WAR is mediocre at best.  

Instead of improving on DAoC, EA decides to punt on RvR and implements the craptacilar scenario system.  While I applaud EA for merging servers, it's evidence the design is flawed.  WAR relies upon a stable, decently large population to remotely enjoy the game.  

Sure I can see some players moving between WAR and WoW to an extent.  However, both are your run-of-the-mill fantasy themepark, and frankly WoW is just a better version atm.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160

Feel free to check out my post titled "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back: A WAR Review." I make lots of comparisons of WAR to WoW, and in my view WAR just doesn't hold up well at all. I'd like to think that if WAR would've stayed in development for another year, we might've had a game on par with WoW, but to tell you the truth I'm not so sure.

I think the game development was poorly mismanaged in WAR. As I said in my little review, the combat is clunky, to put it nicely, even though the combat "feel" and responsiveness should be priority #1, especially in a game that relies almost entirely on PvP combat - and that I see as the biggest problem, but most definitely not the only major problem.

Originally posted by star.buck

Sad, very sad.

*waves*

And OP: I generally agree with you, but I don't think WAR will break the million sub mark in the next year. After most of the issues are fixed (which appear to be being mostly resolved in 1.1) most people who quit have mentioned that they'll probably re-sub. That, plus trials, and the server 'merges' will start bringing the population up around 600-700k.

It's interesting to see that most War players think that all people who come up with critical thoughts about War come from the same person :)). Sorry but the reality of Xfire is ruthless I know.

Overseeing the situation, it's just foolish to think that War will ever have 700K active subs. Like someone said above me: the actual War PvP fights are the real nail in the coffin for most players. It's not just a question of being "clunky" or "slow" or "unresponsive". It's a question of all those things together and still more stuff above.

Now having experienced the latest Blizzard patch, I suddenly saw how fragile a good balance and tight control is in an MMORPG. One or even a few hic-ups in the animation, lag, speed, new stats and - or synchs and any game can break.

PvP is just that: you fight with your avatar against another or others and so the best PvP game has to have the best PvP control of your character. War is t e r r i b l e in this respect. In a classic RPG like Oblivion or Fallout3, these things don't matter: you simply play against puppets, but in PvP it matters ... BIG.

I would give the War RvR a perfect 10 if it would be based on the best controlled PvP, but it just isn't. RvR with the shortcomings in War's PvP is silly. PvP is based on skilled player control. No serious Arena PvP player (GW or Wow)  will even touch War controls.

That's the reason why War doesn't catch most players interests. You can't PvP in a way millions of players already did (and I would include GW and Wow players). The rest is history.

No server merges or tranfers will solve this problem. In a few weeks we'll see the same thing: servers and players numbers going flat. Sorry if you won't believe it. But hey everyone can believe the things he wants. I know what I see and hear from RL players around me.

So 250 K would be even a succes. And these would be mostly bored ex MMO players looking for something "different" --- until the next vague. Too negative? Well look around and see the shelves...400K unsold units.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the key if you are just starting out in WOW or returning is to level smart.

Activate your account and refer a friend (double the xp amount of quest turn ins) I've been playing for about 8 days on a new server with a new avatar and I'm level 41 (half way through level now). I don't know its up to the beholder of the game to like what they like and love what they love (where was I going with this?).

So many arguments about Warhammer and WOW and distinctions of two I forgot what forums section I was posting in "You got your War in my WOW!".

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

Originally posted by star.buck

Sad, very sad.

*waves*

It's interesting to see that most War players think that all people who come up with critical thoughts about War come from the same person :)). Sorry but the reality of Xfire is ruthless I know.

Overseeing the situation, it's just foolish to think that War will ever have 700K active subs. Like someone said above me: the actual War PvP fights are the real nail in the coffin for most players. It's not just a question of being "clunky" or "slow" or "unresponsive". It's a question of all those things together and still more stuff above.

Now having experienced the latest Blizzard patch, I suddenly saw how fragile a good balance and tight control is in an MMORPG. One or even a few hic-ups in the animation, lag, speed, new stats and - or synchs and any game can break.

PvP is just that: you fight with your avatar against another or others and so the best PvP game has to have the best PvP control of your character. War is t e r r i b l e in this respect. In a classic RPG like Oblivion or Fallout3, these things don't matter: you simply play against puppets, but in PvP it matters ... BIG.

I would give the War RvR a perfect 10 if it would be based on the best controlled PvP, but it just isn't. RvR with the shortcomings in War's PvP is silly. PvP is based on skilled player control. No serious Arena PvP player (GW or Wow)  will even touch War controls.

That's the reason why War doesn't catch most players interests. You can't PvP in a way millions of players already did (and I would include GW and Wow players). The rest is history.

No server merges or tranfers will solve this problem. In a few weeks we'll see the same thing: servers and players numbers going flat. Sorry if you won't believe it. But hey everyone can believe the things he wants. I know what I see and hear from RL players around me.

So 250 K would be even a succes. And these would be mostly bored ex MMO players looking for something "different" --- until the next vague. Too negative? Well look around and see the shelves...400K unsold units.

its funny i m running it on a mid range pc and  i m finding it no slower or jerky than warcraft is .. i have it on balanced settings . the truth is warhammer will catch on once theres a free trial and players see it for themselves rather than believing the half truths about it in the forums a lot of which are total rubbish . i ll stick with my estimate of one million active subs by the end of its first year . i d be the first to troll a bad game but i know a winner when i see it . this is a winner . it wont be going into the oblivion of such games as aoc , tabuala rasa and vanguard . nor will it end up being a decent niche game like lord of the rings. i ll stick by my forcast this game is going to be the second most popular mmo after wow and it ll go from stength to strength in the year to come . ;) i like the constant action you get in warhammer but i also like to be able to relax somtimes in an mmo and just quest wow offers that . so i ll be playing both but not at the same time .

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by infofront

Feel free to check out my post titled "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back: A WAR Review." I make lots of comparisons of WAR to WoW, and in my view WAR just doesn't hold up well at all. I'd like to think that if WAR would've stayed in development for another year, we might've had a game on par with WoW, but to tell you the truth I'm not so sure.
    I think the game development was poorly mismanaged in WAR. As I said in my little review, the combat is clunky, to put it nicely, even though the combat "feel" and responsiveness should be priority #1, especially in a game that relies almost entirely on PvP combat - and that I see as the biggest problem, but most definitely not the only major problem.

no more so than warcraft . pvp is just as smooth . i think i say that warhammer is as good as warcraft was when it started out . wows nearly 4 years old so being a year behind aint that bad i guess .

its far from poorly mismanaged i d say its on a parr with blizzard who have made plenty of mess ups in thier time .

if combat feel and responsivness is number 1 then i d say there no difference between wow and war .so i dont know where you coming from there . i would actually question if you ve played warhammer or if your just retyping other peoples views .

like i say to anyone thinking of trying this game wait for the free trial download it and see for yourself . thats your best course of action . my betting is if like me you leave you warcraft hat at home and not expect wow 2  you ll  have lot of fun . dont believe either the trolls or flamers i have confidence enough if you like wow pvp you ll enjoy warhammer pvp more .

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

no more so than warcraft . pvp is just as smooth . i think i say that warhammer is as good as warcraft was when it started out . wows nearly 4 years old so being a year behind aint that bad i guess .

its far from poorly mismanaged i d say its on a parr with blizzard who have made plenty of mess ups in thier time .

if combat feel and responsivness is number 1 then i d say there no difference between wow and war .so i dont know where you coming from there . i would actually question if you ve played warhammer or if your just retyping other peoples views .

like i say to anyone thinking of trying this game wait for the free trial download it and see for yourself . thats your best course of action . my betting is if like me you leave you warcraft hat at home and not expect wow 2  you ll  have lot of fun . dont believe either the trolls or flamers i have confidence enough if you like wow pvp you ll enjoy warhammer pvp more .

Is that really true?  Can someone confirm it please?  If it is true, why would so many people criticize that aspect of the game, they say ToK is good, RvR is good, graphics are good, but almost everyone (except certain few) agree that avatar control and combat animations are off, way off.

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

The OP is full of crap, WAR isn't fun I played it and I just quit.  Wow still more fun.

• infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by SonofSeth

Is that really true?  Can someone confirm it please?  If it is true, why would so many people criticize that aspect of the game, they say ToK is good, RvR is good, graphics are good, but almost everyone (except certain few) agree that avatar control and combat animations are off, way off.

I know you're on the fence about whether to play WAR or not. My advice would be to wait for the free trial. In regards to your question, I don't believe anyone can say honestly that WAR's control and combat are as solid as WoW's. WAR's combat may be "good enough" for some people (maybe those who haven't been spoiled by WoW?), but not most people.

The War's avatar control and combat animations are indeed off, way off. I said it already, if it weren't for the "uncontrol" of my PvP fights I would like to continue to play it, but in a PvP game you need to have absolute control. I consider myself a hardcore PvP player - both in MMO's as in FPS - and every game that doesn't give me the tight control I am used to is a no go.

Just to give another example: I find the COD series way better than TF for example. It's a matter of taste, but I ve spoken to a lot of friends and they all more or less agreed on this one. Now I can understand someone who only played LOTRO or DAoC (Mythics earlier game with the same engine) can't see the problems, but all the PvP guys I know come from Wow or GW and there is no way to compare the feeling.

And before someone again comes in saying he also played GW and Wow and thinks War is better at this. No problem. You like it you play it, but I really really think this feeling is one of the most important things why War isn't holding on to its players. Other elements play also perhaps, but a PvP game needs to attract the hardcore PvP guys. And yes I get a kick of arena play. If Wow would have controls and slow and out of synch animations like War I would be quitting instantly.

And I was just very glad the arena lag dissappeared yesterday in Wow, because I couldn't play it. It's proof that any hic-up can destroy that smooth combat feeling and War is full of hic-ups in its fights. No, I will not go into detail. Those who doubt, just buy it or wait for the free trial.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

A correction here:  Gear is ofc needed inside arenas , but as you well said eventually most ppl will get decent pvp gear throught battlegrounds, and when u do everying is up to the skill of players,how fast they react ,how good they cooperate with their mates and ofc how much good is their class setup..

Frankly after the last patch all wow classes have been boosted in dmg , loads of new sklls and talents and arena is going again the centric goal for pvp..

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176

Sad, very sad.

I hope you understand that after this winter the War beast will be the size of a frog (IF EA still wants it to be alive in 10 months). Just have a look at that press release of EA. Very telling about War (biggest launch in EA history they thought... well it's not even close to other games EA released and it is mentioned in their press statement).

LOL a bit humored by your analogy :)..

1. WOW had to add more servers because it was /que this /que that at release i moved off a que server to another that turned to a que server at release. War used better to have then have not mentality. WAR much more stable at release then WOW. 

2. People are not happy with WAR because it's too WOW Like. Those that didn't play beta expected the next best hardcore PVP game when they logged in for the first time. The RVR layout in WAR doesn't force mingling of opponents ie having a quest area used by both sides or PQ.

3. Mythic actually listens and there mistake was trying to attract WOW players away. This was a huge mistake that dumbed down the game for a majority of pure PVP players. Like why have any scenario's like WOW on an Open RVR server? I was actually considering giving ROTLK a try until i heard that that PVP lake is instanced on a timer.

War players want wars that go on for long durations even days. PVP with a purpose. Its not there yet . People that played WOW when the game came out are in general tired and sick of it. WAR is even a let down to wowbies because most of them wanted a NON wow like experience. WAR isn't going anywhere and as disssappointed as i am with it atm it will reign supreme for people interested in an RVR PVP styel game.

Thank heavens we don't lose a day a week for scheduled system maintenance. Blizzard needs to find a way to back the system up continually while running.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

I wouldn't say they are way off, but there's definately something missing.  Things just don't feel as smooth and responsive as they do in WoW.  It's not a huge deal, but it's noticeable especially if you are familiar with WoW.  I gotta believe that anyone who says there's no difference has not played WoW PvP lately.  After playing a lot of PvP in War for about a month I came back to WoW and got into a BG and you could tell the difference.  Things happen so quickly in WoW, most people just can't keep up with the best players.

• jaycee2006jaycee2006 Member Posts: 466

I recently rejoined warcraft and im really enjoying myself, got on a server with my friend who is level 70 pala so he is helping me out and were having a great time together, im nearly level 50 now on my rogue and im loving it. WAR didn't have any community feel, where as in WOW I feel much more welcome. I also couldnt find anything amazing about any WAR classes, but im loving rogue almost more than any class ive played in an mmo (second to a medic in SWG pre nge pre cu.) I'd reccomend WAR to anyone who doesnt care about community and just wants to group pvp, and WOW for people who want to have a great time with their friends and want to feel welcome and motivated.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Pappy13

I wouldn't say they are way off, but there's definately something missing.  Things just don't feel as smooth and responsive as they do in WoW.  It's not a huge deal, but it's noticeable especially if you are familiar with WoW.  I gotta believe that anyone who says there's no difference has not played WoW PvP lately.  After playing a lot of PvP in War for about a month I came back to WoW and got into a BG and you could tell the difference.  Things happen so quickly in WoW, most people just can't keep up with the best players.

This is true, WoW has the best animation and control in the business. The trouble with WoW PvP is that it barely exisist out in the world, and it's mostly in 4 instanced BGs and Arenas. I play on a PvP server, and 95% of the world PvP consists of ganking and dueling. The BGs are pretty good at level 70, but there are only 4 of them. Under level 70 and they're dominated by twinks. And most AV games I've been in are dominated by asshats who just want to grind honor as quick as possible, and would rather have a 10 minute loss than an action-filled hour long fight. When you get a good fight in a BG it's some of the best fun in the game. The Arena system is solid, but unless you're pretty hardcore you will be dominated by well-geared players who are experts on every class. Not very casual friendly, from my experience. You also have to spec your talents to be competative in PvP, so you have to farm money for respeccing if you plan on playing other aspects of the game. A protection warrior, for example, is mostly useless in Arena. If Blizzard ever made a dedicated PvP MMO, I'd be all over it.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by GaryM

This is true, WoW has the best animation and control in the business. The trouble with WoW PvP is that it barely exisist out in the world, and it's mostly in 4 instanced BGs and Arenas. I play on a PvP server, and 95% of the world PvP consists of ganking and dueling. The BGs are pretty good at level 70, but there are only 4 of them. Under level 70 and they're dominated by twinks. And most AV games I've been in are dominated by asshats who just want to grind honor as quick as possible, and would rather have a 10 minute loss than an action-filled hour long fight. When you get a good fight in a BG it's some of the best fun in the game. The Arena system is solid, but unless you're pretty hardcore you will be dominated by well-geared players who are experts on every class. Not very casual friendly, from my experience. You also have to spec your talents to be competative in PvP, so you have to farm money for respeccing if you plan on playing other aspects of the game. A protection warrior, for example, is mostly useless in Arena. If Blizzard ever made a dedicated PvP MMO, I'd be all over it.

Agreed.  But War didn't fix these problems which is really the issue.  Most of the PvP in War is located in the scenario's which are akin to the BG's of WoW.  There's not nearly enough realm PvP going on.  Had they succeeded in getting everyone to do the realm PvP, then Mythic may have had a hit on it's hands despite the better controls in WoW.  And Blizzard is attempting to rectify the situation with lake wintergrasp, however I'm not sure it's going to go over as well as many would like it too.  I think that a lot of folks like the BG's and arenas and even giving them Lake Wintergrasp is not necessarily going to get them to come out and do some realm PvP.  I don't think it's a development problem as much as it is a demographic problem.  I just think there are a lot more folks who like the BG/Arena setup better than the open world realm PvP setup.

Agreed.  But War didn't fix these problems which is really the issue.  Most of the PvP in War is located in the scenario's which are akin to the BG's of WoW.  There's not nearly enough realm PvP going on.  Had they succeeded in getting everyone to do the realm PvP, then Mythic may have had a hit on it's hands despite the better controls in WoW.  And Blizzard is attempting to rectify the situation with lake wintergrasp, however I'm not sure it's going to go over as well as many would like it too.  I think that a lot of folks like the BG's and arenas and even giving them Lake Wintergrasp is not necessarily going to get them to come out and do some realm PvP.  I don't think it's a development problem as much as it is a demographic problem.  I just think there are a lot more folks who like the BG/Arena setup better than the open world realm PvP setup.

I would go even much further.

Those so called hardened PvP players that use to brag about world PvP (both in Wow and even far more in War) - they think they are PvP players, but in reality they are not. Because if they were interested in really person vs person combat, they would play Arena and do balanced BG's.

I can't have fun beating up a group which is three times smaller than ours. If you think you can play, come to a balanced and controlled competition.

Now I really think that the idea of RvR is a good one, but practice shows that the wrong players are there in WAR. A real PvP player senses the uncontrolled combat feel you have in War. This is not the standard for good PvP fights. I can't imagine (and I don't see it with the players I know) that good arena players would have fun in War. Far too slow and yes clunky combat. In Wow you strike with your character, you can feel your heals, you can sense your stuns. In War this  'thight" feeling is complete gone. Those who say War is for PvP don't know anything about technical PvP. Sorry.

I just came out of two BG's (one AB and one EoS). Our 3 men combo can completely dominate the fields. Yes even in 15 men battles. 2 DPS and a great healer who blindly find each  other and know exactly how the ground control is executed.  2 times a complete control with zero flags/towers owned by the enemy after 10 minutes. We level to 2000 and than create constantly new teams with our characters. We live and breath PvP, but War is a no go in this respect. No feeling, no battle I say.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

um arena's arent balanced only certain comps work nor are arena's challenging i went two season full 2k teams with holypally shadow priest frostmage.

• SignoreSignore Member Posts: 127

I played warhammer since release till now... Been off WoWcrack for 8 months ish inbetween different games.. but now I feel the edge to go back with expansion...

Warhammer is a Good game, I just rerolled to many times =)... Game needs to bloom a bit honestly... give it half year and it will stomp on WoW I'm sure... I just can't lvl up another char in warhammer since I rerolled couple to many times as I said.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Warhammer has RvR, RvR > any tacked on kiddie PvP system WoW has. WoW is a PvE game, just a cheap knock off of EQ1.

• SignoreSignore Member Posts: 127

The PvE content in Warhammer is Weak in comparison yes, PvP trumps WoW in alot of ways.. I've always been a PvE fan more or less.. with a Side of PvP now and then... thats why I disliked EQ 2... No PvP T-T