Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intagrated voice chat

VaporiaVaporia Member Posts: 21

When I first heard about the game I was told that it would have an intagrated voice chat system. Is this true?

Comments

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

This is something that is said to be in the release.  I believe it was covered in a question of the week release. 

I'm always standoff-ish on the subject though, I think if people want to VC then they should download a client for such; I'd just rather have the resources spent optimizing gameplay rather than optimizing VC.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• VaporiaVaporia Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Hazmal

This is something that is said to be in the release.  I believe it was covered in a question of the week release. 
    I'm always standoff-ish on the subject though, I think if people want to VC then they should download a client for such; I'd just rather have the resources spent optimizing gameplay rather than optimizing VC.

I Agree,. VC is not that important compared to the overall gameplay. 

• zorkyzorky Member UncommonPosts: 74

I agree specially since there is teamp speak or ventrilo I dont see the need intergrating voip when they can spend time doing something else

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Integrating voice is probably quite simple since the voice client is already from a 3rd party. Heck voice client is probably just added straight across into the game folder and i dont think there`s a whole lot of complex issues.  The real work of the VC was already done by that 3rd party.

Either way, i dont really use VC nor do i think that this takes much ressources away from the game.

Originally posted by senadin

Integrating voice is probably quite simple since the voice client is already from a 3rd party. Heck voice client is probably just added straight across into the game folder and i dont think there`s a whole lot of complex issues.  The real work of the VC was already done by that 3rd party.

Either way, i dont really use VC nor do i think that this takes much ressources away from the game.

Wasting time/money on VC is time/money that could have been spent elsewhere.  Development resources are more valuable at this point than game resources.

------------------

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?

Wasting time/money on VC is time/money that could have been spent elsewhere.  Development resources are more valuable at this point than game resources.

You fail to understand that VC is NOT a system that is developed by Icarus, the VC system is a 3rd party system. Icarus therefore did NOT waste ressources or money.

• VaporiaVaporia Member Posts: 21

You fail to understand that VC is NOT a system that is developed by Icarus, the VC system is a 3rd party system. Icarus therefore did NOT waste ressources or money.

You learn something new everyday. I did not know that.

I didn't realize that they would just buy a client and it would just be in the game without any kind of work by Icarus.  I don't think that I ever said that they would be developing their own, just that they would have to put some work into integrating it.

------------------

Vivox is being added to the game client. Vivox is already one of the most popular VC out there. Vivox is already in other MMO such as SOE`s (practically) entire line up.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Vivox is being added to the game client. Vivox is already one of the most popular VC out there. Vivox is already in other MMO such as SOE`s (practically) entire line up.

And if I'm correct it's the same company that did the VC too CCP as in EvE Online.

• DubelDubel Member Posts: 138

Who needs integrated voice chat?  You have team speak and vent.  No need to waste space or time or money integrating their own voice chat or somebody elses voice chat when both vent and TS work great and are free

• DubelDubel Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by Mortemia

And if I'm correct it's the same company that did the VC too CCP as in EvE Online.

and yet most people still us Vent. Just like WoW, they have built in VC but everyone still uses Vent.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by Dubel

Who needs integrated voice chat?  You have team speak and vent.  No need to waste space or time or money integrating their own voice chat or somebody elses voice chat when both vent and TS work great and are free

Well I'm all right with the ingame voice chat as long as it's working. That way you don't have to use teamspeak with some of your friends and ventrilo with some etc. And in worst cases people even want to use some exact version of their favourite voice chat software which really makes it a bit awkward to use.

So, thumbs up if they make a working integrated voice chat. 

Originally posted by Dubel

Thats what I said, but apparently the VC client just magically integrates.  Dunno

------------------

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

I believe WoW added voice chat but nobody uses it. If it even exists, im unsure because everyone I know uses ventrilo or teamspeak.

Lord of the Rings has it as well but i always opted out of it.

Nothing spoils gameplay and immersion more for me than hearing a squeeky voice in my speakers. Or worse, hearing some neglected baby crying in the background (i always cringe when I hear that).

Im fine if FE leaves it out. Im not going to use it anyway

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

It doesnt matter either way, just hurry up and give us Fallen Earth!  

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)