Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Warhhammer sucks so bad then...

why do you naysayers and haters spend so much time in the warhammer forums? just wondering what are you trying to prove? please answer since 50% of the post here are anti warhammer? Is your life really that boring where all you want to do is talk about how much a game sucks. Wouldn't it be better to go to a forum discussing a game you like and talk about  positive things you like about that game?

Comments

• Drej_X_ArmyDrej_X_Army Member Posts: 151

But if I would go to the the game forums i like, I will never know what WoW has in store for me, but then again I dont play WoW, but hear its a great copy catter. WOOTs. Nice post.

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

most are AoC fans bitter that we left their game and determined to try to undermine the better game of Warhammer.

also people love to complain and  wail and gnash their teeth about every little thing it makes them feel important by drawing attention to themselves

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

come on guys you are not the haters, this question is for the naysayers. i want to hear it from them. lol

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444
    Originally posted by Bodeus
    also people love to complain and  wail and gnash their teeth about every little thing it makes them feel important by drawing attention to themselves

I think this is the reason. People complain just for the sake of complaining. There will be no perfect game, so there will be complainers. Moreover, no one game will be able to cater to the whims of every gamer, and there are people that believe that every game should be made just for them, so since no one game can do this, there will be haters, and epic-failers.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Some are just trolls...

Others really wanted the game to be good, and to them it wasn't....

I don't think the game sucks... it just needs work.

I got tired of the Scenario Grind in Tier 3, Tor Anroc Got boring real fast.

I try the game again in aboout 2 months or so after I blow thru the WOTLK stuff.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by medafor

why do you naysayers and haters spend so much time in the warhammer forums? just wondering what are you trying to prove? please answer since 50% of the post here are anti warhammer? Is your life really that boring where all you want to do is talk about how much a game sucks. Wouldn't it be better to go to a forum discussing a game you like and talk about  positive things you like about that game?

Most are trolls, pure and simple. Last year I tried out Guild Wars, and I didn't care for it and quit playing. Since then I've posted ZERO times in any Guild Wars forum, since I have no desire to discourage anyone from playing it. But then I'm not a troll, I have better things to do with my time.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

A large portion of this website's constant posters are bitter / jaded long time gamers that think that their old vision of the way games were are the only way games can be and then try to pawn it off as 'innovative and new features' that games should have.   They forgot we all started playing games to have fun not look for the one with the most innovative features.   Innovative features become old about a month after they're created.

I've played MMOs pretty much since the beginning I took long stretches of breaks and while I miss my first MMO the most I dont go into other games hoping that game will be anything like it.   I like a nice clean slate of what I'm looking for from each game according to the game's intended design. 

If Dev's dont' deliver on the intented designed I move on, I'll only post in that game's respective forums if the topic interests me but I don't go out of my way to post X Many threads of why I think it Blows or why it should be more like X game.  

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

Why? Simple. Deterrence.

If one person comes on here and see's how many people dislike this game, then those of us who feel ripped off for having bought it are redeemed to some point.

Open feedback systems are the beauty of the internet, and you will always see game companies official forum moderators being commanded to close negative threads. Game companies know that negative feedback and dissent is one of the foremost killers of these games.

I value negative feedback highly on all games I've played and games I may play in the future. If someone who is informed who has played a game can point out a potential issue that may also annoy myself, I am very thankful they saved me my money, time and frustrations instead of giving it to some company that can't think a step further than cloning tired old systems with a few hints of changes to try and make a quick buck.

Never, ever despise the availability of negative customer feedback.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Deterrance? lol If that actualy worked then WoW would be dead.  Its like one big glass of hateraid the Jaded Flavor.  Its one thing to go all hater on a game that actually deserves it like Failcom products but a product thats actually good it just doesnt' cater to the style you like is another.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

they dont spend so mush time here. most nay sayers are just individuel passing by saying there view...its not all done by one person.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by GaryM

Most are trolls, pure and simple. Last year I tried out Guild Wars, and I didn't care for it and quit playing. Since then I've posted ZERO times in any Guild Wars forum, since I have no desire to discourage anyone from playing it. But then I'm not a troll, I have better things to do with my time.

i didnt like about 75% of the MMOs out there, but like you i didnt even bother to post about them, guild wars being one of them, never posted in the forums. only mmos i ever were interested in after playing for a couple of weeks were WOW, LOTRO, Final Fantasy, WAR. didnt like EVE, AOC, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard and many others, but didnt spam there forums about how much i disliked them or the reasons i stopped playing.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Baseline

Why? Simple. Deterrence.
    If one person comes on here and see's how many people dislike this game, then those of us who feel ripped off for having bought it are redeemed to some point.
    Open feedback systems are the beauty of the internet, and you will always see game companies official forum moderators being commanded to close negative threads. Game companies know that negative feedback and dissent is one of the foremost killers of these games.
    I value negative feedback highly on all games I've played and games I may play in the future. If someone who is informed who has played a game can point out a potential issue that may also annoy myself, I am very thankful they saved me my money, time and frustrations instead of giving it to some company that can't think a step further than cloning tired old systems with a few hints of changes to try and make a quick buck.
    Never, ever despise the availability of negative customer feedback.

Wow, not the game, just wow.  there are some deep issues here.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Bodeus

most are AoC fans bitter that we left their game and determined to try to undermine the better game of Warhammer.

Warhammer and Aoc is kinda in the same boat right now. Both are good games that were released prematurely, got initially a lot of players and then dropped fast to their current number. Both games do have big potential however and hopefully they will rise again.

By some idiotic reason some WAR and AoC fans spam eachothers forums with junk post and it is boths fault. But blaming the flamers just on AoC is just wrong, most of the spammers on both those forums are players on others game. Also if you don't want your forum spammed with junk, stop spamming the AoC forum. It just turn in to a stupid flame war and gives both communitys bad reputation.

Most WAR and AoC players I meet are nice people, I have many friends that play both games.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

To harass the players who made this game suck by grinding scenarios and emptying the world population basically.

That and i have nothing better to do, but read articles on cracked.com. A pathetic existence I know..im working on it..

Hopefully mythic will hear out us whiners and make appropriate changes/fixes.

• kazsonkazson Member Posts: 224

the reasons why the forum is filled with hate is because the game has more to dislike than to like.

check out the lord of the rings forum, vanguard,tabla rasa....people hated on those games until they smoothed out then the hate died down....

Even AoC forums are becoming calmer by the day.

Once WaR fixes it self up the hate will die down too.

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

If it's so good, why are you here instead of concentratiing on playing the game?

What I think is best, is if people on all sides, stop trying to persuade of dissuade people from any games.  You like a game, you really don't need to say anything to anyone about it.  Same goes to haters.

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

ill answer your question and then with a follow up question .

1st , we hate what mythic did to the game,  we were hoping for a great rvr game that they were promising us

2nd we wanted to lose ourselfs while playing the game ,but instead we got 10 min pillow fight grinds with the addition of the scenarios, which is something borrow from wow,  why could mythic  borrow more from its on game instead of others ?

and now my question to you

if warhammer is so great, why are you even on the  forums ? , i mean you love this game so much, why are you not playing it right now ? instead you are defending a product that has failed.

and how it failed is because the rvr in this game is not even that complexed , the rvr is and has yet to see the glory days of what daoc use to dish out, i mean c'mon, if it  is so great  why is it that no one is playing it for the rvr and instead people scenario grind all day instead ?

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, WAR was a letdown.  I should have known better but I still gave it a shot and it disappointed.

I think there are a LOT of us who played Ultima Online and other early MMO games that had such high hopes for the MMO genre back in the early 2000's.  It depresses us to know that games have actually gotten WORSE and less innovative over time.

The early MMO games had so much more depth and creativity than the new ones.  Age of Conan and WAR seem to be the posterchildren for such lack of innovation.

Mythic packaged what is arguably the least innovative and most simplistic MMO I have ever seen.  Funcom tried to improve combat (and did to a degree) but failed everywhere else in Age of Conan.

So I would suggest, from the standpoint of many, WAR and AoC are shining examples of how we, the gamers, feel jaded and disappointed by MMO developers who could care less about making this industry any better.

Tecmo Bowl.

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

I come to the boards because it's more fun watching haters a fans slaging each other off than actually playing the game:P

Originally posted by wjrasmussen

If it's so good, why are you here instead of concentratiing on playing the game?

What I think is best, is if people on all sides, stop trying to persuade of dissuade people from any games.  You like a game, you really don't need to say anything to anyone about it.  Same goes to haters.

im suppose to play WAR 24/7? whatever, i can tell your one of those haters that i speak of.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

It is just more backlash to game developers failing to live up to the prerelease hype they build for their games.  There has been a very long list of let downs over the last 4 years and people are getting tired of it.  Even though Warhammer is one of the very few games to have a stable launch, there are very serious problems with the game in a variety of areas and it shows.  Just looking at how many major issues patch 1.1 is targeting gives a decent idea of what currently isn't working.

Mythic obviously cut corners and didn't finish the game so they could beat WOLTK to market.  How badly that will hurt them in the long run isn't clear, but there is smoke to be seen and Mythic knows it.  

I still play warhammer, because I think it is one of the very few games that has potential that could possibly be reached.  However I can see why some people are upset.  

Originally posted by Thunderous

I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, WAR was a letdown.  I should have known better but I still gave it a shot and it disappointed.

I think there are a LOT of us who played Ultima Online and other early MMO games that had such high hopes for the MMO genre back in the early 2000's.  It depresses us to know that games have actually gotten WORSE and less innovative over time.
    The early MMO games had so much more depth and creativity than the new ones.  Age of Conan and WAR seem to be the posterchildren for such lack of innovation.
    Mythic packaged what is arguably the least innovative and most simplistic MMO I have ever seen.  Funcom tried to improve combat (and did to a degree) but failed everywhere else in Age of Conan.
    So I would suggest, from the standpoint of many, WAR and AoC are shining examples of how we, the gamers, feel jaded and disappointed by MMO developers who could care less about making this industry any better.

thank you for honestly posting your feelings about WAR and AOC. i think you are bored/burned out on MMOs period. Trying to be innovative ends up with combat systems like AOC(horrible IMO). Being innovation brings things like RVR. WAR has alot of innovative features that were introduced to the MMO market. WOW has been around for 3 years. Lets see what WAR will be like in 3 years. my only gripe is they release these games too early. they need to finish them before having us be the lab rats.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706
    Originally posted by GaryM

Like replying to a obvious flamebait thread? I always find it silly that people try to take the high horse on the gaming matter when they are as hopelessly addicted to it as the rest of us are.

Anyway, look at the nge haters then come back and whine about it. Also less than 5%, hardly that even read and post on gaming forums so what we say here, and do here got little to no consequence if a game is successful or not. Let em fanboys and haters duke it out. Make for entertaining read for the rest of us

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by lorndarken

1st , we hate what mythic did to the game,  we were hoping for a great rvr game that they were promising us

2nd we wanted to lose ourselfs while playing the game ,but instead we got 10 min pillow fight grinds with the addition of the scenarios, which is something borrow from wow,  why could mythic  borrow more from its on game instead of others ?

if warhammer is so great, why are you even on the  forums ? , i mean you love this game so much, why are you not playing it right now ? instead you are defending a product that has failed.

and how it failed is because the rvr in this game is not even that complexed , the rvr is and has yet to see the glory days of what daoc use to dish out, i mean c'mon, if it  is so great  why is it that no one is playing it for the rvr and instead people scenario grind all day instead ?

Just thought you should know that the battlegrounds idea was originally in DAoC and also called "Battlegrounds" and they were instanced fights with level brackets. 

So the Scenarios are actually built on what DAoC had.  I just think they didn't realize how many people would do them.  They probably thought that they would be something that people would ignore and that the players needed more incentive to do scenarios than Open World RvR.  Turns out that the players need more incentives to do Open World RvR. 

With those incentives seemingly being put into place, I think the scenarios and Open world Rvr will balance out in the future.

Also, to declare this game as a Failure a month and a half out of the gate is very premature.  Even if the game does worse than Mythic expected and has around 250-300k subs, it's still not a failure.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by checkthis500

Originally posted by lorndarken

Just thought you should know that the battlegrounds idea was originally in DAoC and also called "Battlegrounds" and they were instanced fights with level brackets. 

So the Scenarios are actually built on what DAoC had.  I just think they didn't realize how many people would do them.  They probably thought that they would be something that people would ignore and that the players needed more incentive to do scenarios than Open World RvR.  Turns out that the players need more incentives to do Open World RvR. 

With those incentives seemingly being put into place, I think the scenarios and Open world Rvr will balance out in the future.

Also, to declare this game as a Failure a month and a half out of the gate is very premature.  Even if the game does worse than Mythic expected and has around 250-300k subs, it's still not a failure.

you are half right and half wrong about some things,

daoc never had scenarios,  and the rvr zones were not time limited  when going to the zones to be a part of some rvr, sure if you want open world in thoese rvr zones, but they had a pretty fair system, 1 keep , 3 realms, and people would attack or defend the keep.

scenarios on the other had are a borrowed idea from wow,

new frointeirs were more open world .

commericaly the game is not a failure because they made a lot of money, but for what mythic was promising , which was a rvr based game, this is a failure if no one is doing the rvr in the game to begin with in comparison to that of daoc.

i rest my case