Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another, looking for a MMO thread..

SkotosSkotos Member Posts: 9

Ok, I have wasted my time playing WoW for about a year or so now...too simplistic, though can be entertaining. I am hungry for a good game with good substance. Now I dont have a particularly great pc, so I cant run AoC or War...or anything in that department.

Here are is my list:

• I prefer traditional fantasy, though sci-fi is ok.
  • Very rich world
  • I dont mind a little grind, but not too much grind (ex..grinding AAs in EQ)
  • I semi-realistic tradeskill system
  • Good endgame, raiding is fun for me.
  • I dont really like PVP that much, idk..just doesnt do anything for me.
  • Good community, online and offline
  • Not too easy, requires some skill
  • Good company behind it
  • It has to be P2P

Please let me know what you suggest. Thats all I can think of for now, thanks in advance.

Comments

• cataphrachtcataphracht Member Posts: 50

Everquest 2 sounds good for you, the only worry is it is a bit hard to run smoothly on high graphics but easier then Aoc and War.

• SkotosSkotos Member Posts: 9

Actually just saw that there is a trial that lets you get the game for free, just have to do monthly fees after the trial. Maybe I will try that.

As long as I can run the game on medium or so without it looking like shite...then I will be happy :)

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

I think a good suggestion for you would be Runes of Magic. Check it out,
    I am sure it has most of what your looking for.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283

EDIT:

(BellaH, the OP said it "has to be P2P," so RoM is out of the question. To the OP, if you want my opinion on RoM, read what I posted below. Otherwise, EQ2 is an AMAZING game, and you can't go wrong with it, I think. Not to mention that it has an expansion coming out very soon.)

Runes of Magic seems decent as far as F2P games are concerned, but face it - it's a lot like WoW, so keep that in mind. However, it does have player housing and some other little additional features, but in no way does the game seem to substantially deviate from WoW's central gameplay. Although it did channel a bit of LotRO as well, and the character models look better than WoW's (but that's a subjective preference).

And being that it -is- F2P, you'll never see the level of quality present that you would with a subscription-based game. But, hey, I can say whatever the hell I want, but if you're like me, you'll want to see it for yourself first, so keep your eyes opened since I've seen a lot of beta key "giveaways" lately. I'm sure you can get in if you try hard enough.

(Trust me; I've played WoW since launch and have four 70s from before the RAF program, so I think I'm qualified to make the comparison.)

• kingbarthkingbarth Member Posts: 39

i would suggest the chronicles of spellborn it has a good story and itd not out yet but you can tell its going to be really good just look it up 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by cataphracht

Everquest 2 sounds good for you, the only worry is it is a bit hard to run smoothly on high graphics but easier then Aoc and War.

Well I would have suggested EQ2 2 years ago, now even EQ2 has been transformed into a WoW clone, very simplicistic and not that challenging anymore.

However the community is better and the art style is different, so if you want to give it a try you can have a go at the free trial.

I suggest you better try Vanguard, it is not too hardcore, but challenging enough  (although I don't know for how long SoE will keep it this way)

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250
    Originally posted by kingbarth

i would suggest the chronicles of spellborn it has a good story and itd not out yet but you can tell its going to be really good just look it up 

Dont think TCoS would be for the op,He has said he likes raiding-no raiding in TCoS.

He also said he dis-likes pvp,you will need to do pvp in this game,although you can avoid alot of it but not it all if you want to get certain things.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

New update in EQ2 means duel core is supported so high setting run great now

i get 40-90 fps average....with little dips every now and again.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

from what I read about what you say, I can tell you lord of the rings online might be your game!

- it is fantasy, the great lore of middle earth

- it asks a bid from your computer but not that much, you can play it in dx10, but it works also perfect on dx9, it works on every normal pc

- rich open world, lot's of things to do! looooots of content, and there is a expansion comming out next month!

- the quests are fun, not a real grind , but yes they sometimes ask you to go out and smash a few orcs ^^

- a good economy system, they have an AH, or you can just buy and sell goods with other players, and you can do bussiness in and out your kinship (guild)

- good endgame! rift raids ect.. :)

-you can do pvp in lotro, some people don't like it but they have a great pvp system, although lotro is a pve game in the first place, so you will not be forced to do pvp to get good gear or something

- the game is easy to learn, but it is not that easy, I don't think every monkey would like to play it

- great community, it is the best community i've ever seen in an mmo! and the lotro servers are very well populated, i play on the least populated EU server evernight and I never had problems to find a group!

- turbine is a good company, regular updates and, lotro has almost no bugs!

- lotro has got great graphics and a huge open world (some things are instances but that are special quests and dungeons, they are fun to do with groups) some people say lotro's characters looks bad, but you know what, that isn't! you can say they are a bid similar to the characters from Vanguard, vut lotro's are much better!

- It is p2p ^^

Both american and european version have a 14 days free trial, so i suggest you to try out the trial and see if you like it. USA: www.lotro.com    EU: www.lotro-europe.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..