Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"I played WoW for 3 years"

"I played WoW for 3 years"-is it just me or this is a lil' bit overrused, to a point where it makes me think at least 90% of people who say it simply use it to enforce their opinions/look like pro gamers?

It's almost impossible to find any WoW player who didn't play WoW for 3 years on this site or on other MMO sites such as WHA/VN boards.

The funny thing about them is that they say clueless stuff about WoW, stuff that a 3 years vet certainly wouldn't say...

So yeah,  feel free to say whatever you want, but I don't see how using this sentence in almost every post will make people take your opinion about WoW as a fact.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I played WOW for 3 .... no, wait, only 18 months..... been WOW free now for 2 years.

Was fun while it lasted, but I've moved on. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MrTanoshiiMrTanoshii Member Posts: 13

I've played WoW for since release and the only thing I have to show for it is a bank account that's had $705 deducted. o.O

I've thought that they should have an anniversary gift that is a shirt slot with text that says I rolled this character in 04 and all I have to show for it is this lousy T-shirt

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Thenarius

"I played WoW for 3 years"-is it just me or this is a lil' bit overrused, to a point where it makes me think at least 90% of people who say it simply use it to enforce their opinions/look like pro gamers?

It's almost impossible to find any WoW player who didn't play WoW for 3 years on this site or on other MMO sites such as WHA/VN boards.

The funny thing about them is that they say clueless stuff about WoW, stuff that a 3 years vet certainly wouldn't say...

So yeah,  feel free to say whatever you want, but I don't see how using this sentence in almost every post will make people take your opinion about WoW as a fact.

You have no idea how many veterans of WoW can't play the game, so I am not surprised some of them talk rubbish.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

ive played wow from the first day!

...well not ALL the time, every 6 monts,ill activate it for 2 month.

no ware offs here.

• xRand0mxxRand0mx Member Posts: 71

I played WoW for 2.5 years. Started at release and quit the summer after TBC.

-------------------
    If ever there was a time to rise – if ever there was a time to join hands with our brothers – that time is now. At this exact junction in history we have within our grasp the means to loosen our tormentors’ hold and win freedom for our kin. Opportunities are there to be taken.

Brothers, we must rise.
    -Malaetu Shakor

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

I played it for 9 months with IRL friends. Had some fun moments, but when compared to all the boredom and furstration is wasn't worth it. Worst spent gaming time in my life.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I enjoy the posters who make it a point to let you know they don't play the game anymore.

"So this dog was gnawing on my arm stump, really getting in there, and I was all like, 'HEY! I don't play WoW anymore. It is nub land theme park!' And then that dog looked up and was all, 'Growl!'.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

I played WoW for three years....no wait it was actually three months...it just felt like three years.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Why topics WoW stay on GD and when a darkfall topic on GD its removed ?

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Evasia

Why topics WoW stay on GD and when a darkfall topic on GD its removed ?

Because people are tired of the Darkfall spam?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• hater88hater88 Member UncommonPosts: 35

I played Closed beta until Naxx.  Later i came back for a few months it just didnt do it for me anymore.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

played it in total about 10 months when I last saw my account- starting in around 2005. Resubscribed from time to time for the BGs but think I finally got fed up of them the last time I played.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I played from 2005 - maybe 2007 quit like 5 months after TBC since TBC just ruined the game imo.

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745
    Originally posted by xRand0mx

I played WoW for 2.5 years. Started at release and quit the summer after TBC.

Same here.  I resubbed for a month later on but after having tried a few other games the magic was gone.  .  From my own experience, it seemed the majority of the classic-WoW raiding crowd had quit - myself included, for laregly the same reasons.

There's a lot of WoW vets out there that aren't really happy with the current crop of games, and/or think that because they had X months /played that they know what's fun for other people.  That's why you see this arguement come up so much.

Personally people who want to tell me what's fun or not annoy the hell out of me - whether it's a WoW fanboy telling me that 11 million people say it's fun so it must be fun, or someone who quit saying that after a bazillion hours /played it wasn't fun anymore so it must not be fun.  I can figure out what's entertaining on my own, thank you very much.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

Who cares? People that brag about WoW are noobs and what I hate most are people that compare other games to WoW. Now people that brag about Ultima Online/Runescape, they are the Pros!

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

I just finished cancelling my subscription.

This is the 4th time I've quit (probably a total of 2.5 years combined).

Familiarity breeds comtempt.

I'm bored but not angry.  

I think it is a great game.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I played WoW for 8 months. I came, I saw, I conquered, I quit.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• anotheraddicanotheraddic Member CommonPosts: 44

also a wow player, been playing since about 3 months after launch.

and at corrupted, how can you compare Ultima Online with Runescape??  I've been around since UO launched and lets just say UO had a great deal more to do with how we play MMO's than runescape could imagine, but good point about the oldies like UO, Asherons Call, EQ, and even meridan 59 for the really old schoolers

• EvilGargamelEvilGargamel Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by Thenarius

I only played WoW for a few months. Not anywhere near 3 years.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

I didn't compare the 2 at all, I started with those 2 games that is what I was stating.