Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good single player RPGS?

hater88hater88 Member UncommonPosts: 35

tired of the online thing, gonna take a break, any suggestions?!

Comments

• SigzSigz Member CommonPosts: 29

fallout 3

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

i second the fallout 3.. i would be playing it if i didn't have already tons of games to finish off first but it is on the list.. i just don't know when i will get around to playing it since left 4 dead comes out soon.. to many good games not enough time!  for for single player rpgs you can't beat the fallout series and fallout 3 won't disappoint.

• hater88hater88 Member UncommonPosts: 35

I saw the ad for that on TV, i thought it was an FPS? maybe i'll check it out.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

It's an FPS/RPG Bethesda hybrid. <3

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

I would strongly recommend fable 2 if you own a xbox360.

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

Fallout 3, The Witcher, KOTOR (if you haven't played it by now)

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

Fallout 3 is more enjoyable for me then Oblivion.  I like the setting more and the system for character progression is a lot better IMO.  The Mad Max type theme set in the 50s after a nuclear war is really unique. 

I'm not sure what to say about Fable 2.  I haven't played it, but may if it comes out for the PC.  I do have an xbox, but I realized I don't enjoy playing xbox 360 games very much.  I prefer to play on the PC.

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Sadly, for me, FO3 is Oblivion with a FO skin. Nothing beat the original Fall Out series; one of the best RPG's made.  I could not get into Oblivion and I fell the same for FO3. I been playing RPg's for over 30 years as well but sometihng about Bethesda's games just aren't clicking for me.

I fired up Diablo 2 and Titan's Quest recently again. Patiently awaiting for Dragon Age: Origins which is a sequel to Baldur's Gate; one of the best RPG's of all time. I find myself playing my PS3 more now and with Motorstorm 2 out and Resistance out this coming week, plenty to keep me busy on a 50" Plasma with serious surround.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

for which format?

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by nomadian

for which format?

Fallout3 best played on pc as most games are:)

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• hater88hater88 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Actually i just moved to Minneapolis and seem to have lost my Diablo 2 disks in the move, that really sucks i wasted almost 2 years of my life on that game!  well maybe one considered i just botted until 1.10 came.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Fallout3 best played on pc as most games are:)
    sorry I meant to the OP which formats he was looking for an rpg on. Not going to go into that war of PC being best, I think both have their advantages and game specialities :p
  • dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Fallout 3

The Witcher (enhanced)

One I cannot believe has not  been mentioned yet- Mass Effect!

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

-Fable 2: One of the best RPGs coming out on the x360 this year.

-Fallout 3: Definitely the best RPG i've played this year, barely beating out Fable 2.( I recommend the PC version if you have a higher end computer. Avoid the ps3 version if possible).

- DQ4 for the Nintendo DS:(I'm a sucker for DQ games)

There are also many other good RPGS and some really good JRPG's for the xbox360 that have recently come out and are coming out in the near future

-Tales of Vesperia: This is  a great Strategy style JRPG, but if you aren't into strategy rpg's I would not bother with this one.

- The Last Remnant: This isn't out just yet but is shaping up to be one of the best JRPG's coming out this year, and might give some NA rpg's a run for their money.  I recommend atleast checking this one out if you have the spare time.  Release date is 11/20/2008.

www.youtube.com/watch  (video of the battle style, which seems to be a lot more involving then traditional turn based jrpgs)

Edit: I should also mention The Last Remnant is a Mature themed JRPG which is going for a very different style story wise then you would normally see in the JRPG genre.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Oblivion is an amazing game.  One of the best games I have ever played.

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320

it all depends on what system and how far back your willing to go..

some of the best rpg's ive ever played are

xenogears,FF7,FF8,oblivion,fable2,fallout 3

those are a few that i can think of right off the bat.

Originally posted by grafh

I agree with your list, Specially FF8. :)

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

oblivion sucks

i would recommend: Fallout 3/Fable 2/ Mass effect/ The Witcher/ Enchanted arms(360)

thats all i can think of that are new atleast. If you are also looking at PS2 RPGs i would like to add

FFX/ Legends of dragoon

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, Dragon age rwally is number one on my solo RPG list too :)

It is more close to Neverwinter nights than Baldurs gate however, I hope this game will take the memory of Obsidian/Ataris crappy sequel to that game. Bioware have long been the king of solo RPGs,

Blizzards Diablo series isn't really about that even though I don't doubt that Diablo 3 will be at least worth trying.

Otherwise the RPG market seems a bit slow right now, I bought fallout 3 yesterday but havn't had the time to try it yet because the Runes of magic stress test.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by grafh

Xenogears....wow.

That game took me forever to beat.  It had the craziest story I have ever seen in an rpg, except maybe final fantasy tactics.

Breathe of fire 4 was really good aswell.

All the final fantasys are great, I would suggest looking at twelve since it is the latest.

Originally posted by tvalentine

oblivion sucks
    i would recommend: Fallout 3/Fable 2/ Mass effect/ The Witcher/ Enchanted arms(360)
    thats all i can think of that are new atleast. If you are also looking at PS2 RPGs i would like to add
    FFX/ Legends of dragoon

Sorry, but how can you say Oblivion sucks when you recommend fallout 3? Also, you actually put Enchanted arms in the same sentance as mass effect, wow.  To each their own I guess. :) if the TC wants a copy of enchanted arms I could always find something else to keep my desk level.

~ ~

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

I hate to derail this, but how is Fable 2?

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by pandrax

Originally posted by tvalentine

oblivion sucks
    FFX/ Legends of dragoon

Sorry, but how can you say Oblivion sucks when you recommend fallout 3? Also, you actually put Enchanted arms in the same sentance as mass effect, wow.  To each their own I guess. :) if the TC wants a copy of enchanted arms I could always find something else to keep my desk level.

because i couldnt even play passed the first 30 minutes of oblivion it was so bad. The story was horrible, the names of some of the "orders" or w.e they are called were horrible and not creative, and it didnt bring me into the story at all. And im tired of hearing that i am the "the one" that cliche has been used in too many games and is very bland and not creative. Dont even get me started on the combat in Oblivion either.... Also oblivion fully updated crashed and froze constantly on my computer.

Fallout 3 has better if not the same graphics as oblivion ...... And thats about all i think they have in common. Fallout has VATS wich is great fun to use and is much better then oblivion...... It also froze on my computer, till i defragged it. Now it runs 100% smoothly

And i'm not sure what to say about enchanted arms, all you said is "to each their own". I enjoyed the story, it got rocky here and there, but i still enjoyed it.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

fable, fable 2, kotr 1, mass effect, neverwinter nights, neverwinter nights 2, Elder scrolls, fallout 3

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Fallout 3 hands down. It's the best RPG out right now. Other good non-rpg games for PC are Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway and Dead Space. Also, being a huge Spider-man fan, I'm having a blast with "Spider-man Web of Shadows". Mass Effect is also a great RPG.

Red Alert 3 sucks and so does EA.