Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA just digs their grave deeper

2»

Comments

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786
    Originally posted by mstersmith

Originally posted by PatchDay

The EA haters are a joke too me. It's just business, cold hard $$$

Who you should be mad at is the maker of the current MMO you play- they are the ones ripping you off, Making you grind for hours and hours for virtual items and XP haha. The only people that should probably hate EA are old UO vets and WAR fans.

Or we speak with our wallet. EA is a piece of shit company if they censor the forums like that. Fuck them.

<modedit>

And yes you will bring the EA company down one day. You are a cool rebel aren't you? stupid nerds.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by mstersmith

Or we speak with our wallet. EA is a piece of shit company if they censor the forums like that. Fuck them.
    <modedit>

Hmm. You believe in freedom?

If I owned and managed a website, I would demand the freedom to censor posts however I damn well  pleased. Its my game, its my site and you are my guest.

And people who said uninformed shit like what you posted would be the first out the door of  MY site.

If you ran a hardware store, and someone came in your store yelling and stamping their feet and causing a scene about what a crappy hammer they bought from you, wouldn't you reserve the right to kick that person out the door?

Or would you as that same store owner think it is your civic duty to allow a parade of unstable malcontents picket through your store, while it is open.

Nope bet you'd kick 'em out into the street and let them rage on the sidewalk, where you have no jurisdiction over what they say - y'know the same place where your right to free speech cannot be infringed upon. But inside the store is not that place.

OOOOH! Even a better analogy. Pop over to John McCain's forums. Then Barak Obama's. Tell me if those choosing to lead the free world, the bastion of 'freedom of speech' have left up derisive posts about their candidates or pro posts for the opponents. Then tell me, certainly your principles will not allow you to vote because of their forum censorship.

Think before you write.

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

That's only 6% of EA's 10,000 employees(Well, 9,400 now).

I think that the biggest gaming publisher in the world is doing just great right now, and I'm no fan of EA.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I am really looking forward to the Sims 3.  I think it will be an awesome game.  And also my wife has told me she is taking my computer when Sims 3 launches, meaning I get a new computer. 

I can't wait.

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Very good policy, I wish it would become the norm for internet overall. And glad that some people will refuse things from EA due to it, only shows the type of people they are who refuse things from EA and it's nothing to do with EA as a company but has everything to do HOW people seem to think they can act towards such company.

How can you support something like this?  What if a family has one account they all use, someone says something, everyone now ends up banned from playing their game because of the actions of one? What if you have a bad day because the poorly made EA game you just spent $50 keeps crashing and you are trying to just play the game you paid for.  You complain and they ban you? 

This gives moderators far too much power, you should be able to criticize something without worrying if your account is going to get banned for voicing your opinion. And I'm not talking about flames I'm talking about the posts where people take the time and break down the problems with the game.

Ban someone on a forum all you want,  but to extend that into games is just low.

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

I don't care what the company is, if they use SecuROM, then I'll not buy ANY of their games (PC or console).

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Volkmar

A big applause to EA! Now let's hope they actually enforce it and everything will be better.
    And for all the ones that are whining about this rule, well, then go to any restaurant or pub in town, make an ass of yourself so much they throw you out then try to ask if you can get your food/beer with you and see what their answer is gonna be.
    It is due time that people start to realize the internet is not the trash pile of the world and common rules of politeness and behaviour SHOULD apply here as well.

I'm in total agreement.  Too bad the rewards for good conduct are always intangible.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Volkmar

A big applause to EA! Now let's hope they actually enforce it and everything will be better.
    And for all the ones that are whining about this rule, well, then go to any restaurant or pub in town, make an ass of yourself so much they throw you out then try to ask if you can get your food/beer with you and see what their answer is gonna be.
    It is due time that people start to realize the internet is not the trash pile of the world and common rules of politeness and behaviour SHOULD apply here as well.

Whining about ones rights?  You must be a young lad that doesn't know your own consumer rights.  If you can't comprehend why this is wrong on so many levels I recommend business ethics 101 for you.

EA was back in the day the gold standard of gaming (think Blizzard/Bioware), but they have lost their focus with quantity over quality.

I agree with many others that EA will have to shift their business model back to quality over quantity like they originally were at the start.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

Yeah, it's sad that EA is doing. On the other hand, what we consider mainstream gamers are really a small niche in the grand scheme of the gaming industry and an almost infinitesimally small slice of EA's business. EA can, and will, do things like this in goodness simply because they can afford to.

The real "bread and butter" of EA's business are the Madden and Sims franchises. EA will bend over backward and eat their own shit to please those two communities and rightfully so. If it wasn't for those two franchises, EA wouldn't be able to green light any other games at all.

The video game industry is a gamble and publishers have to bet the spread. Most games, regardless of publisher, lose money. Those one or two hits a year, per publisher, make up for all the failures. A year without a hit means massive losses and possible closure, even for a company as a big as EA. Especially for a company as big as EA. Fortunately for EA, they own two franchises that generate buckets of cash with every new release. Unfortunately for us, neither franchise is aimed at video gamers.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Interitus

Very good policy, I wish it would become the norm for internet overall. And glad that some people will refuse things from EA due to it, only shows the type of people they are who refuse things from EA and it's nothing to do with EA as a company but has everything to do HOW people seem to think they can act towards such company.

How can you support something like this? 

Well i've been online since there was a similar thing as internet and with internet itself, only time I got a temp.ban and warning was on this website and it was rightfully given to me as I was out of line, besides that there are numerous of way (decent way's) to contact the gamecompany/gm or whoever to discus if something might be or might not be rightfully a ban worth. 

What if a family has one account they all use,

arn't the common rules to not share accounts and if you do isn't it your own responsibility to know who is using it and how he or she is using it?

someone says something, everyone now ends up banned from playing their game because of the actions of one? What if you have a bad day because the poorly made EA game you just spent $50 keeps crashing and you are trying to just play the game you paid for.  You complain and they ban you? 

Well just complaining never helped anyone on either side, makig a constructive post explaining what the problem might be is I know so out of fashion but still that is the way and not simply complain. If people want to complain about a specivic game I wished those people had rl friends where they could speak about being frustrated or disappointed and that forums will once again be a place to discus viewpoints, idea's and most of all good constructive post. 

This gives moderators far too much power, you should be able to criticize something without worrying if your account is going to get banned for voicing your opinion.

There is no problem in critizing things, but it's the HOW what is important and these day's many lack the HOW way.

And I'm not talking about flames I'm talking about the posts where people take the time and break down the problems with the game.

Ban someone on a forum all you want,  but to extend that into games is just low.

Maybe then some people finaly learn to take responsibility for their own actions cause the soft aprouche never seemed to have worked as we continue to see people simply complain or bash these games without evn getting some sort of warning, and yes due to that people these day's think they don't need to be constructive, cause lets be honost if people would have really been constructive these last few years of MMORPG's being made would you really think these games would have ended like they currently are?

Like I said I would love to see some sort of perm.ban and not only for games but simply let people misbehave themselfs on internet and get their ISP to ban them of the net, thats what will work and make these games evolve again in my opinion. Trust me you don't need to agree on this as it's only my own opinion.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Am I the only ones whop find it amusing that EA's online division (well maybe not POGO) is lead by MYTHIC who do not believe in official boards and so no links to official accounts?

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by Loke666

I personally don't like EA, they are forcing their developers to release a lot of boring sequels like all that junk for the Sims... Games shouldn't be thrown out as fast as possible and a sequel to a game that's a few years old with basicly just updated graphics isn't really good enough, I want new games.
    EA do makessome good games still but I prefer if they are publishing as few MMOs as possible, I'm sure it is their fault that WAR was released so early with not enough content.
    Off course Blizzard have been almost as bad lately, releasing Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 instead of at least one new game smells greed to me, they can make really good games but aiming for recycling instead. One sequel is cool enough but 2 at almost the same time?
    The gameing industry need new and innovative games and EA isn't going to bring us thoose.
    There was a time a long while ago when I always got happy when I bought a game with Electronic arts on it, they were really good. Now they got to big and the games ain't as fun to play anymore as when they made Amiga games.

Im fine with updated graphics as long as the storyline is continued. Now the sims is one thing but games liek ME, FO, and other series idc if they add new stuff, infact I prefered the old system of Fable 1 better then Fable 2, I just want some more story.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Originally posted by Interitus

How can you support something like this? 

Well i've been online since there was a similar thing as internet and with internet itself, only time I got a temp.ban and warning was on this website and it was rightfully given to me as I was out of line, besides that there are numerous of way (decent way's) to contact the gamecompany/gm or whoever to discus if something might be or might not be rightfully a ban worth. 

What if a family has one account they all use,

arn't the common rules to not share accounts and if you do isn't it your own responsibility to know who is using it and how he or she is using it?

someone says something, everyone now ends up banned from playing their game because of the actions of one? What if you have a bad day because the poorly made EA game you just spent $50 keeps crashing and you are trying to just play the game you paid for.  You complain and they ban you? 

Well just complaining never helped anyone on either side, makig a constructive post explaining what the problem might be is I know so out of fashion but still that is the way and not simply complain. If people want to complain about a specivic game I wished those people had rl friends where they could speak about being frustrated or disappointed and that forums will once again be a place to discus viewpoints, idea's and most of all good constructive post. 

This gives moderators far too much power, you should be able to criticize something without worrying if your account is going to get banned for voicing your opinion.

There is no problem in critizing things, but it's the HOW what is important and these day's many lack the HOW way.

And I'm not talking about flames I'm talking about the posts where people take the time and break down the problems with the game.

Maybe then some people finaly learn to take responsibility for their own actions cause the soft aprouche never seemed to have worked as we continue to see people simply complain or bash these games without evn getting some sort of warning, and yes due to that people these day's think they don't need to be constructive, cause lets be honost if people would have really been constructive these last few years of MMORPG's being made would you really think these games would have ended like they currently are?

Like I said I would love to see some sort of perm.ban and not only for games but simply let people misbehave themselfs on internet and get their ISP to ban them of the net, thats what will work and make these games evolve again in my opinion. Trust me you don't need to agree on this as it's only my own opinion.

Sound reasoning when dealing with EA? No it can't be true.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by spinach8puff

I am in favor of their new policy and yeah I will be buying The Sims 3 when it comes out.

My Family Loves the Sim's games..Yes we  are buying the Sims 3 Game..The Sims Games are One of the Highest game played world wide..Matter afact i could say it keeps Ea in Business..I am not a EA nut..But i do give credit where its due.

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

EA's main flaw has been the time frame it stricly keeps its game development too, and the willingness to ship those games once the deadlines comes, regardless of the state of the game, rarely did they give extentions to a project. Though, they've not been as bad as they used to be in this aspect in recent years.

As for the DRM. I've personally never encountered problems with it. Mainly due to the fact I play a game until I have my fill, then move on to game the latest. I've never ended up in a situation where I've needed to install a game anywhere close to the max installs allowed with the DRM as of yet.

• EvilGargamelEvilGargamel Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Suggestion, don't post on EA forums.  Good thing that Mythic does not have War forums, I can just imagine the screams getting banned on a Spore forum and finding out you are also banned on War lol.
    http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=449687&tstart=0&start=0
    This is why I refuse to buy any EA games anymore, between their horrid DRM and attitudes like this, it is a wonder they are still in business.  Hopefully a lot more people will start ignoring their games too.

Isn't EA getting sued over spore? DRM stuff

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by EvilGargamel

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Suggestion, don't post on EA forums.  Good thing that Mythic does not have War forums, I can just imagine the screams getting banned on a Spore forum and finding out you are also banned on War lol.
    http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=449687&tstart=0&start=0
    This is why I refuse to buy any EA games anymore, between their horrid DRM and attitudes like this, it is a wonder they are still in business.  Hopefully a lot more people will start ignoring their games too.

Isn't EA getting sued over spore? DRM stuff

Yes Ea is getting sued by a woman and a Lawer who took the case..They are talking millions here..

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"