Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Have any of you played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines?

I have and I loved the game but sadly the game seem uncomplete.

But I would love to see a new Vampire RPG game raise. Would anyone think it could be a new hit if anyone would take it seriously and raise maybe something from that game up again?

Make new one with such good history and characters?

Comments

• Aspirant13Aspirant13 Member Posts: 15

White Wolf has partnered with CCP ( The people who make Eve online) So we know there is another MMO in the works. Many people think it will be Vampire or World of Darkness. Personally I think it will be Exalted.

---Aspirant

There is no Absolute Truth or Absolute Reality. That Truth is whatever the majority on hand want it to be. Real Truth is egalitarian and democratic and not at all compelled to correspond to the world in any useful way. Truth has no respect for Right, What's Best, or Needs Must. Real Truth is a dangerous beast in need of caging in even the quietest of times.
    Ask any prince or priest.
    Real Truth was the First Traitor.
    -- Glen Cook

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

I just wish they would make a new vampire!  i loved the 2 thats out now just old and outdated need a new vampire game to feed my gaming need for vamps!

• Aspirant13Aspirant13 Member Posts: 15

Well, there is always tabletop roleplay, and Vampire LARPS. Both of which are not that hard to come by. But a cool supernatural MMO would be pretty cool.

---Aspirant

There is no Absolute Truth or Absolute Reality. That Truth is whatever the majority on hand want it to be. Real Truth is egalitarian and democratic and not at all compelled to correspond to the world in any useful way. Truth has no respect for Right, What's Best, or Needs Must. Real Truth is a dangerous beast in need of caging in even the quietest of times.
    Ask any prince or priest.
    Real Truth was the First Traitor.
    -- Glen Cook

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by Aspirant13

White Wolf has partnered with CCP ( The people who make Eve online) So we know there is another MMO in the works. Many people think it will be Vampire or World of Darkness. Personally I think it will be Exalted.

---Aspirant

It would be cool if it was WoD and you could be a Vampire,Werewolf,Changeling,Mage,Hunter,Promethean.   Then there will be sub clans or classes for each of them, atleast thats what I would do.  Or if they just did Vampire, Werewolf, and Hunter Id be cool with it.

Exalted, I never played nor Scion. Being a Demigod would be cool and all but Id much rather be a vampire. But I just wonder how they would handle being a vampire cuz they can't come out in the day.  Always being night time would suck, I think it would be fun to have to seek shelter when the sun comes up.  But also being able to progress your character and not be stuck sitting somewhere till the sun goes down.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what they make.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by MarsvinHero

But I would love to see a new Vampire RPG game raise. Would anyone think it could be a new hit if anyone would take it seriously and raise maybe something from that game up again?

Wel I played Vampire the Masquarade, it was an okay game but not that great to me.

But .....I do like the idea of a vampire-type of MMORPG, but more thinking in line of Underworld. Think it's they are pretty well done movies and excelent food for a MMORPG.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Um.. to the above posters.  I'm fairly positive that CCP has -announced- they are making a World of Darkness MMO.  It's not just speculation, but fact that they are indeed making it.

• TenSpottingTenSpotting Member Posts: 367

A Vampire MMO done correctly would be good

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Sheista

Um.. to the above posters.  I'm fairly positive that CCP has -announced- they are making a World of Darkness MMO.  It's not just speculation, but fact that they are indeed making it.

This is true. They even had job openings earlier this year, requesting Writers who are familiar with the WoD setting and Lore.

• SinsationSinsation Member Posts: 26

Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption was one of my favorite games of all time because of the awesome storyline and World of Darkness Mod for Multiplayer so you could RP online with a GM using the actual book rules.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines was less than I expected but the dialogue still made it worthwhile for me to play it through 4 times or more with different clans. Not to mention the multiple endings. I really liked how well the dialogue choices were done and how they affected the interactions with the rest of the characters in the game. I really felt as though I had an impact on the world and was immersed in the story. My only beef is that there wasn't any Roleplaying multiplayer mode, that would have made the game 10 times as awesome and I'd probably still be playing it today. At least I'm glad they didn't introduce the crappy FPS multiplayer mode that they were thinking of throwing in at the very end before they pushed it out the door.

I'm desperately looking forward to a Vampire / World of Darkness MMO (if done right). If they make it a sort of Roleplaying sandbox, I'll probably spend the rest of my MMO playing days in that game. I think the partnership between CCP and White Wolf will be a good one, I respect the works from both companies.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Aspirant13

---Aspirant

Eh, there was a press release a long time ago stating that it was "World of darkness online", just when the 2 companies got together. Hopefully we see Vampires, Werewolfs, mages, changelings and so on in it. They said that the release was 2010.

Anyways it will be intresting as long as they don't make it levelbased, in that case I won't play it. Would totally kill the point with the lore.

The question will be if they use the old WOD which we saw in bloodlines or the new one, is a lot of difference. I would guess for the new one, WW probably want to promote their RPG at the same time. But both works fine for me, as long as I can play a mage

• EvilGargamelEvilGargamel Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by Sinsation

Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption was one of my favorite games of all time because of the awesome storyline and World of Darkness Mod for Multiplayer so you could RP online with a GM using the actual book rules.
    Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines was less than I expected but the dialogue still made it worthwhile for me to play it through 4 times or more with different clans. Not to mention the multiple endings. I really liked how well the dialogue choices were done and how they affected the interactions with the rest of the characters in the game. I really felt as though I had an impact on the world and was immersed in the story. My only beef is that there wasn't any Roleplaying multiplayer mode, that would have made the game 10 times as awesome and I'd probably still be playing it today. At least I'm glad they didn't introduce the crappy FPS multiplayer mode that they were thinking of throwing in at the very end before they pushed it out the door.
    I'm desperately looking forward to a Vampire / World of Darkness MMO (if done right). If they make it a sort of Roleplaying sandbox, I'll probably spend the rest of my MMO playing days in that game. I think the partnership between CCP and White Wolf will be a good one, I respect the works from both companies.

Redemption was good.. Never played the other one

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

Man, I wish that they would have had multiplayer as they did with prior game.

Vampire:  The Masquerade - Redemption is perhaps my favorite online game of ALL TIME.

The stories, the immersion, the fun, etc. was unparalled.  I might go pick-up a copy on Ebay, wondering if there is still a community out there.

• KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 197

I loved both games and I am the CCP/WHite Wolf collaboration is the only MMO I am looking forward to today...

But the voice acting on Redemption... I loved the game, do not take me wrong.. but the voice acting... I laughed my socks off. They must have bought the actors on Ebay... I actually played it through once just to hear the "Yayyyy, he saved the city! Our hero!" one more time.

Anatomy of a Fanboi

This is you.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

I have that game, but I thought it kinda sucked. The gameplay just wasn't that fun. It had potential, the idea of having so much blood to spend on powers, then needing more blood. Maybe if the makers of KOTOR, Bioware took a stab at it they could do a good job.

I don't know what you'd do in a Vampire MMORPG. Every MMORPG has griding. In WAR, for example, if you're a Dwarf you grind by killing NPC Orcs, and vice a versa. In EQ2, DAoC, WoW, you kill Mobs, basically fantasy creatures, dire Wolves, etc. IN EVE, you grind on mining, or whatever it is you do to get credits to build ships. In Star Wars Galaxies, you grind by doing missions, basically killing sci fi creatures, or the "enemy", either Rebel scum or Storm Troopers depending on which side of the war you were on. 

What would you do in a Vampire MMORPG to grind? Bite people on the neck over and over again?

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

I enjoyed Bloodlines! :)

I cant wait for the new eve expansion as supposedly the models are a test for the CCP WOD mmo!

I firmly believe that CCP has done great job with Eve and cant wait to see how the WOD mmo is! :)

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• DragonosiDragonosi Member Posts: 13

bloodlines was in fact incomplete when it shipped..this was due to troika games closing its doors before release..funny part though..over half the devs worked on the game for free for a little over six months in order to get it out the door. that is dedication to the project. either way. friend of mine once joked that i should make bloodlines part of my windows install disk just to save time as its never off my puter for long. i agree whole heartedly that a dark, vampire MMO would be fantastic..however i have little faith in WW having a hand in it. after the last revamp (haha) that took place in WoD it just felt hollow. WW also seems to be activly trying to assert that they own all forms of vampireness in games and movies. wasnt underworld sued for stealing from WoD? i recall something like 37 points of "infringment" being announced thought i dont recall any real similarities other than..vamps need blood..wolves were beastly..and the 2 sides didnt get along..oh yeah..the sun killed vamps. i firmly believe that there are far better book series to base the vampire MMO idea off of but WoD is one of the most famous rulesets on the market so it would prolly be the one we see. gotta say..if the CCP/WW MMO comes out and at any point i have to click a button to "Physical Challenge!" ill have nothing good to say of it.

Drago

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

I really enjoyed those two Vampire games, excellent story writing and characters, with interesting classes.

I would like to see an MMO, as a cross between thsoe games and the movei Underworld.  You could have NPCs as the humans.  They would be in the majority and equally hating Vampires and Werewolves.  Then you can have the two underworld clans (vamps and Lycan) fighting it out.  PvP with wolves vs. vamps.

The possiblitys would be endless.