Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long till world RvR gets serious?

WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

For now im canceling my sub to WAR mainly due to the lack of real world RVR like DAoC had, and also because it seems like all the servers are deserted/no one is playing the game.

Was on earlier this afternoon and their wasn't a single open group listed, ran into no one anywhere. had no problem getting into a scenario but i don't believe I should have to play the same scenario over, and over, and over, and over some more just to see other players and RvR.

Hopefully they will merge servers right and the game will seem more populated than it is currently, but mainly I hope they fix the issue with world RvR right now, no one is taking it seriously, and no one really wants to fight for anything.

My plan is to come back maybe in 4-6 months and their will be more fights going on, im curious as to how long you think it will take for RvR to get serious in this game though?

Comments

• lifeofagonylifeofagony Member Posts: 67

I know what you mean.It does seem like people dont get what RvR is all about.I think alot of it is that most mmo players are coming from WOW and just dont get it.Thats why you have no problem getting into a scenario.WOW was scenario pvp.I came from DOAC so i know how fun real PvP can be.During the last day or two with halloween PQ in RvR zone alot of people were in there fighting.I could not believe how many people were saying how awsome it was and they didnt know it was like this .It was like 30 vs 30 battle for two hours.Great battle.I hope more people start coming into the RvR zones.Its the best part of the game if you like PvP.So mount up and take a keep.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414

I didnt find much RVR at tier 1 but I found a LOT at tier 2. Server is Wolfenburg. Early afternoon when everyone is at work/school not a great population time.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• Jtrav1987Jtrav1987 Member Posts: 79

Yeah it sucks that people just sit in warcamps and que for scenarios over and over. They are mini games for crying out loud. They are supposed to be a small part of the game. And they are worse exp/renown than open RVR. So no one really has an excuse other than excessive laziness.  I enjoy a scenario once in awhile, but the lack of variety (IE the same Nordenwatch, then Mourkain, then Tor Anroc gets old). Sure the others pop occasionally, but Mythic needs to add randomization.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

It was a holiday  and you're wondering why noone was ORvR?

Whats next? a post on why Orvr is empty at 12 midnight new years eve?

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

the day WAR's RvR gets serious is the day they remove scenarios.

Which won't happen so we are going to have to wait for them to make a scenario-less server.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

For now im canceling my sub to WAR mainly due to the lack of real world RVR like DAoC had, and also because it seems like all the servers are deserted/no one is playing the game.
    Was on earlier this afternoon and their wasn't a single open group listed, ran into no one anywhere. had no problem getting into a scenario but i don't believe I should have to play the same scenario over, and over, and over, and over some more just to see other players and RvR.
    Hopefully they will merge servers right and the game will seem more populated than it is currently, but mainly I hope they fix the issue with world RvR right now, no one is taking it seriously, and no one really wants to fight for anything.
    My plan is to come back maybe in 4-6 months and their will be more fights going on, im curious as to how long you think it will take for RvR to get serious in this game though?

Rvr will never be fixed. Destruction has a huge heardstart because of the coolness factor, and mirror classes more powerful than their order counterparts.

It's too late to fix this.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

the problem with oRvR is that is not balanced most of the time. I did the witching event and there were 30+ destruction players vs 10 order players lol It was boring, didnt get much XP, no rewards, and never saw the spirits that were suppose to be wondering around. Pointless.

so what I do, click the scenario queue and I get to play with a more balanced fight.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member Posts: 1,880

they'll get serious once the majority of the pop hits 40 which won't be long

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

You kind of answered your own question... RVR will get serious when they eliminate scenarios. Right now two seperate games exist within WAR... and the easier FPS game is winning out.

• melmoth1melmoth1 Member Posts: 762

The ORVR at T2 was my first "populated" ORVR experience. Have to say that I was pretty bored pretty fast. There were loads of players, but it was just:

(a) Two large groups looking at each other (sometimes for up 10 minutes, which is a long time wating at the bus stop btw), with the occasional range-pvper throwing a salvoe. The weaker group waiting near a warcamp and the stronger one staying just out of range of the cannons and catapults. 

(b) A few tanks or melee dps rushing at the  enemy (dippin their toe in the water)  and then dying because the rest of their group decided it was better to wait for more destruction/order to swell their ranks

(c) The stronger team realizing they have the advantage and zerging the enemy.

(d) After one group wipes there is now another wasted 15 mins as: 1. the rezzers run straight back into the melee, only do die against the enemy as they dont have enough support. 2. After dying they realise we need to wait and regroup, and this means more of the waiting for 10 minutes before we restart the entire sorry process.

Now by zerging I mean this is in the strongest sense of the word. No tactics, just a zerg because the zerg works best. I refuse to blame players on this, it's the way it's set up.

I also did a keep battle and it pretty much felt the same thing.

Furthemore, I never saw any of those witching hour mobs that were supposed to be scattered everywhere. I looked around for about one hour and never saw any.

I just re-subbed because I wanted to  give the game a chance, more time supporting "the vision" as I respect the War IP. But now with Dead Space and Fallout 3, well I think may have to retire and return when I am able to enjoy the game more. 

Regards

Melmoth

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Scenarios are killing the game and the world feels empty because theres just too many places to fight everyones tooo spread out compared to the number of servers and server caps.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531
    Originally posted by melmoth1

The ORVR at T2 was my first "populated" ORVR experience. Have to say that I was pretty bored pretty fast. There were loads of players, but it was just:
    (a) Two large groups looking at each other (sometimes for up 10 minutes, which is a long time wating at the bus stop btw), with the occasional range-pvper throwing a salvoe. The weaker group waiting near a warcamp and the stronger one staying just out of range of the cannons and catapults. 
    (b) A few tanks or melee dps rushing at the  enemy (dippin their toe in the water)  and then dying because the rest of their group decided it was better to wait for more destruction/order to swell their ranks
    (c) The stronger team realizing they have the advantage and zerging the enemy.
    (d) After one group wipes there is now another wasted 15 mins as: 1. the rezzers run straight back into the melee, only do die against the enemy as they dont have enough support. 2. After dying they realise we need to wait and regroup, and this means more of the waiting for 10 minutes before we restart the entire sorry process.
    Now by zerging I mean this is in the strongest sense of the word. No tactics, just a zerg because the zerg works best. I refuse to blame players on this, it's the way it's set up.
    I also did a keep battle and it pretty much felt the same thing.
    Furthemore, I never saw any of those witching hour mobs that were supposed to be scattered everywhere. I looked around for about one hour and never saw any.
    I just re-subbed because I wanted to  give the game a chance, more time supporting "the vision" as I respect the War IP. But now with Dead Space and Fallout 3, well I think may have to retire and return when I am able to enjoy the game more. 
    Regards
    Melmoth

The problem form when I lasted played (beta) was that you had two giant sides attackign eachother with a no mands land in the middle. The problem was that all the ranged DPS and the healers get together and form super groups so you basically have two zergs of ranged attacking eachother like I said. Then if melee tries to get anywhere near them they get owned in seconds because all them ranged classes with healers just can't be damaged and they obviously put out tooo much damage even if you had 10 healers on you. So all that happens then is melee hide in with this the giant group and becomes a useless class.

The only time melee are effective is in scenarios.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

Scenarios are killing the game and the world feels empty because theres just too many places to fight everyones tooo spread out compared to the number of servers and server caps.

Quoted for truth.

This is the two biggest problems that many PVP MMORPGs run into.

1.  The scenarios are far more efficient than traditional RVR.  I have nothing against casual players, but scenarios should be just that casual not the focus of the game due to its efficiency.

2. Increased land space reduces the potential for conflict.  I think this is probably THE biggest reason why many PVP MMORPGs tend to whither away because while PVE can make use of the increased land space for new content, it is an elixir of poison from a PVP perspective.

Combine two of these issues and you have a game (this is not just a problem for Warhammer; look at Lineage 2, DAOC, WoW, etc) that seems barren of PVP conflict.

• SteelguruSteelguru Member Posts: 118

Reasons why RvR isn't there yet full to me.

1)   More people running Scenarios for leveling - game has been out a bit over a month, I know I'm not 40 yet nor are most in my guild.    Sucks for powerlevelers but w/e.

2)   Population less than at release, depending on which server you are on, but I'd say most are down to some degree.   I think they need to consolidate more servers as they released way too many off the bat.

3)   At least on my server, leaders in T4 have a fair understanding of what it takes to turn zones and let Destruction attack a city.   We don't want to have to relevel Altdorf.   Feeding kills to the other side is one way to help turn a zone quickly and leads to a Fortress attack.   If we can't get an even match, we switch to flag-flipping which gets dull fast but flipping multiple objectives in more than one zone at the same time, is one way to break up the other side's zerg.

4)   They could use a bit more incentive to get people in the RvR zones.   What that is, I don't know.   I know for example when we have 60 people storming a keep, and I don't need to heal much, the DPSers are highly favored when it comes to drops from the PQ.   That gets old fast.

To answer you question - I would guess around December.   Although I am a bit disappointed to see how Mythic is handling the server transfers.   My server is medium pop I would guess since we can't transfer off.....so it would have been nice to allow to lower pop servers to transfer to ours instead of just picking a small handful.

I for one am going to stick it out a while, jumping ship isn't helping support growth of the game, which if someone has any interest there a few dollars a month is a small investment to support what I feel is the good foundation for the long term.  I think waiting it out another month or two being Mythic seems to be trying to respond to the player base in many ways, isn't a big deal.   The people that seem to be getting frustrated the most are the people who rushed to 40 in two weeks and I hope in another month or so, things get hopping again.   Even with that - I've had a number of nights already of hour upon hours of T4 battles so it hardly is nonexistent on my server.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

open RVR is serious. Our guild has it scheduled once or twice a day. YOU NEED A REAL GUILD, if you want to enjoy RVR. our guild has 500 members usually when im on theres like 40-60 people active. We take keeps, sometime the keeps are well guarded also. Can take hours sometimes trying to take a T3 keep. it doesnt work like what you think, RVR is planned within the guild and listed on the guild calendar.

• lorndarkenlorndarken Member Posts: 279

the reason why you wont see people in rvr is because warhammer was never about rvr , its about the scenarios. and crap for pvp anyways. it is guild wars lame sauce  random arena poured with a needed high end graphics card that graphicly  says that guild wars beats warhammer over the head with a waffle ball bat till it has down syndrome and dies of  anal leakage due to, to much exalax in take , and then vomits and eats the trails of what it consumed.,

in other words, if you want rvr , get a time machine go back 4 years ago and play daoc. 

this is not rvr. THIS IS WARHAMMER !!!! and it needs repairs , or eles more people will get bored with it as did I and leave it.

there may never be another great rvr game for a long time, i was hoping warhammer would be it, but it isnt.

• vvvemmavvvvvvemmavvv Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by medafor

open RVR is serious. Our guild has it scheduled once or twice a day. YOU NEED A REAL GUILD, if you want to enjoy RVR. our guild has 500 members usually when im on theres like 40-60 people active. We take keeps, sometime the keeps are well guarded also. Can take hours sometimes trying to take a T3 keep. it doesnt work like what you think, RVR is planned within the guild and listed on the guild calendar.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

i don't believe I should have to play the same scenario over, and over, and over, and over some more just to see other players and RvR.

I agree with this. But I disagree if you think its the game's fault.

The problem seems to be that everyone always selects 'join all'. I believe (just through observation) in Tier 1 this defaults to Nordenwatch and in Tier 2 it seems to be Mourkain (sp?).

I have been campaigning to get people to switch it up.

First thing upon entering a scenario yesterday I type /sc "Tired of Nordenwatch? Everyone here just join the other two next time".

It works. My next scenario was Ekrund, with most of the same people, and then someone said, right out of the box "Join the elf scenario next" and sure enough that's what happened.

Of course, If Mythic chose to randomize the default scenarios for 'join all'; that would work too - but we can control whether we do the same scenarios over and over again now - we just need to communicate with the other players. A novel idea for an mmo.

and this my friends is why wahammer fails,  and why it fails ? because  he mentions that you need a guild, that it is planed, and as for the 500 members with 40-50 active, would that be maybe  once a week active or constant playing ?

RVR is never meant to be PLANED with a guild , its spose to be as it is, you come you join you play , you have fun, no calendar to have fun, no time slots ust to have fun, just come and play.. warhammer dose not offer that. 

thats why it failed.

and what made it fail ? , the developers claiming they learned from their mistakes from the past. like heck they did. look at daoc, it use to be THE BEST GAME OUT THERE, and what did mythic do to it ? they killed it. warhammer isnt even a shell of a game compared to daoc even now .

i wish they would fix the keeps, fix the classes, fix the over all game , they do that and then maybe ill return back to it. but will they ? nope.

but all i see is  a over hyped piece of  crap  that mythic shat out  and said its a mmo called warhammer, enjoy .

if you have to plan  ahead just to have fun in a game, then sorry people , you just are not having any fun.

you are just wasting your time when you could have real fun playing something eles.

Originally posted by lorndarken

the reason why you wont see people in rvr is because warhammer was never about rvr , its about the scenarios. and crap for pvp anyways. it is guild wars lame sauce  random arena poured with a needed high end graphics card that graphicly  says that guild wars beats warhammer over the head with a waffle ball bat till it has down syndrome and dies of  anal leakage due to, to much exalax in take , and then vomits and eats the trails of what it consumed.,
    in other words, if you want rvr , get a time machine go back 4 years ago and play daoc. 
    this is not rvr. THIS IS WARHAMMER !!!! and it needs repairs , or eles more people will get bored with it as did I and leave it.

there may never be another great rvr game for a long time, i was hoping warhammer would be it, but it isnt.

I wish you would tell us how you really felt.

For the record, I disagree .

• skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 357

The rvr always ends up being one sided one way or the other or its just pve exercise of taking keeps at 4am. The game is really very boring it's the same thing over and over no real strategy just who can bring more people out. It has no real long term payability imo. They already started sever merges just to get some servers with enough people to actually do something. Even with that it gets old real fast.

Originally posted by Zorgo

I wish you would tell us how you really felt.

For the record, I disagree .

disagree  all your want, but living in denile will make things much more sad for you .

care to explain why though ?

and this my friends is why wahammer fails,  and why it fails ? because  he mentions that you need a guild, that it is planed, and as for the 500 members with 40-50 active, would that be maybe  once a week active or constant playing ?

RVR is never meant to be PLANED with a guild , its spose to be as it is, you come you join you play , you have fun, no calendar to have fun, no time slots ust to have fun, just come and play.. warhammer dose not offer that. 

thats why it failed.

and what made it fail ? , the developers claiming they learned from their mistakes from the past. like heck they did. look at daoc, it use to be THE BEST GAME OUT THERE, and what did mythic do to it ? they killed it. warhammer isnt even a shell of a game compared to daoc even now .

i wish they would fix the keeps, fix the classes, fix the over all game , they do that and then maybe ill return back to it. but will they ? nope.

but all i see is  a over hyped piece of  crap  that mythic shat out  and said its a mmo called warhammer, enjoy .

if you have to plan  ahead just to have fun in a game, then sorry people , you just are not having any fun.

Says who? What is your source? Your sacred text  which divulges the true nature of what RvR should or shouldn't be.

This game failed for you because YOU want your play to be unplanned. WAR does have that, in scenarios and pve. But that didn't do it for YOU. So this game failed YOU.

But, on the other hand, some of us gain more enjoyment out of seeing a plan and orginization put into practice and especially become successful. I enjoy planning and organizing. Sport teams schedule their games, would you say that negates all sports from being fun to play? Of course not.

If you aren't a strategist, organizer, planner - you are right, this game isn't for you, unless the scenarios and pvp and random pick-up rvr warbands float your boat; which it obviously doesn't.

But don't come here and tell me what RvR is 'suppose' to be... like you lifted it from the Bible written by the hand of God. I have fun with scheduled events, and there are 10's of 1000's of others who agree.

And as for DAoC, guess what,  my guild planned in that game too - and we owned you. Oh yeah, and that's what I call FUN.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

I have to agree though Doac was better for RvR than this , kinda disapointed War turned out like this .

wont name anything ganna wait a few months and see what they do with the scenario fiacso .some may not agree that it killing the game of it's main attraction which is open world RvR.

I can only hope , putting my rk40 SW on vacation.

disagree  all your want, but living in denile will make things much more sad for you .
    care to explain why though ?

I am having fun.....I like the graphics, I like planned rvr events, I like the random scenarios and I like scenario's with a set group. I like pq's and like having easy soloable pve to do while waiting for scenarios or a scheduled event to happen. I like grabbing a couple of friends and 'creating' an rvr scene by taking over targets and watching as a few begin to oppose us, then more, then we recruit and then we have a warband vs. warband fighting for and defending targets. This is fun to me, and thousands upon thousands of others.

And as for being sad. A video game has never made me sad. I have lost interest in video games, but I have never shed a tear for them. This is a past time for me, I have never once let a video game control my emotional state. Apparently, a video game can cut you pretty deeply, and for that, I am sad for you.

I'm a pretty good judge of my own emotions. I have never confused 'fun' for 'boredom', those seem to be to diometrically opposed for any 'denial' to set in.

I know this is hard to understand, but your opinion only equals reality for you. There is a whole world of opinion which differs from yours, and that is where true reality lies.