Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PIN cards for Runescape

setzer12setzer12 Member Posts: 3

So, Runescape now has these pre-paid cards at target. They come in two types, 30-days which costs 7.95 and 90 which costs 22.50. This is a nice touch for p2p players who pay by cash because I think it's a better security measure than risking your money in an envelope and waiting up to 10 ten days for your membership to get activated. If you guys want more info, go to thr official site. Runescape Forever!

Comments

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

When I used to play I would just use a credit card, honestly why would you pay with a stupid Runescape card when its way cheaper and more time efficient(you don’t have to go waste gas and time buying a stupid card from target) to just put in your credit card on their website?(unless you pay by mail like the OP, which is a small minority in runescape)

Has anyone ells noticed that their starting to count merchandise announcements as updates?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Palo_god

When I used to play I would just use a credit card, honestly why would you pay with a stupid Runescape card when its way cheaper and more time efficient(you don’t have to go waste gas and time buying a stupid card from target) to just put in your credit card on their website?(unless you pay by mail like the OP, which is a small minority in runescape)
    Has anyone ells noticed that their starting to count merchandise announcements as updates?

Yea considering they lost like half their gaming population over the last year they are trying to milk their die hard brainwashed fanboi' s for every dime they can.  They have to push this crap that no one wants to buy in a sad attempt at trying to make up for their massive losses. I noticed this a while back with the whole "skip an ad " bs they were having to pull in more money from advertisers, when they could very easily solve their problems by making  their game better instead of ruining it further. It seems like everything they do just makes things worse, it is like watching a  bad comedian on stage with every second that passes.. they already died on stage but they just keep talking .. making it worse and worse. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse they find a way .

• friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

i think this is great.

I have got three friends that can't pay with a card because their moms don't want to :S

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Lol, Jagex is lagging in their developments. These so called PIN cards should have been issued a helluva long time ago! Alot of MMOgames like for example like Ragnarok had these PIN cards issued to market since '03. LOL.

Plus if they had done  this earlier, then I would have saved my ass the hassle of 3 years delay of membership and interest. All in all,  my conclusion is they would have gained alot more players from the local communities if they issued this before the disaster. Bad timing Jagex, bad timing indeed

• donuts185donuts185 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Yea considering they lost like half their gaming population over the last year they are trying to milk their die hard brainwashed fanboi' s for every dime they can.  They have to push this crap that no one wants to buy in a sad attempt at trying to make up for their massive losses. I noticed this a while back with the whole "skip an ad " bs they were having to pull in more money from advertisers, when they could very easily solve their problems by making  their game better instead of ruining it further. It seems like everything they do just makes things worse, it is like watching a  bad comedian on stage with every second that passes.. they already died on stage but they just keep talking .. making it worse and worse. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse they find a way .

lol bad news for jagex. they try so hard but always they always lose.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by donuts185

Originally posted by deviliscious

lol bad news for jagex. they try so hard but always they always lose.

This should be considered isaac newtons last law of physics.

Well, I must admit this system is convinient for active runescape players. I wonder what my ex-clan would say about this? Only a few of them play now. Actually out of 50 members only 2 play. Both of them wanted to get their COOKING skillcapes and they already did a few days ago.....

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Funny how they waited for the lowest point to play one of their cards. They should've done this years ago back when they had a meaty fanbase that wasn't full of diehard Fan301z!!! lol

• RaikulRaikul Member Posts: 38

The Pre-paid cards are for people who do not have access to a credit/debit card.