Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you haven't got it yet: Clan of Conan Newsletter # 18 is in

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Newsletter # 18 : Link

I think one of the best parts is what's coming soon:

"Sure, the latest update is great, but there is more on the way! Our developers are toiling away at their workstations improving gameplay, increasing stability and creating more content. Below is a very short glimpse of what is to come in future updates.

New outdoor area coming! - Brave the deadly Ymir's pass

We have now put an entire new outdoor zone - Ymir's Pass - onto the testlive server for those of you who want to check that out, and we are working on getting it ready for the live servers. This new area introduce tons of new content for level 55+ players, including a vast new area of land, new quests, new inhabitants and a dramatic new storyline!

(New screenshots available here)

New dungeon on the way - Explode the mysterious Amphitheater

Along with Ymir's Pass we are also rolling out a new dungeon for 60+ players, called The Amphitheater. Tied closely to the storyline in Ymir's Pass, players will have to brave this new dungeon and discover the mystery surrounding a giant of epic proportions, a creature known only as The Frost Father - the very son of Ymir himself!

Armor in the works - Tier 2 and 3 PvP armor coming!

In the last update we introduced PvP armor into the game, allowing you to don armor that is only available to those who prove themselves worthy in battle with other players. We are now working on introducing tier two and three PvP armor into the game - with more potency and even better looks. Take a look at some renders of what is to come!

(Check out the renders here)

Woah the armor's!!  The renders look neat and there is more colour!

Comments

• kazsonkazson Member Posts: 224

heh i do like some of that armor.

• bluegoo2bluegoo2 Member Posts: 72

Hasn't this stuff been "Coming Soon," since like a week after launch?

• kazsonkazson Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by bluegoo2

Hasn't this stuff been "Coming Soon," since like a week after launch?

in defense of AoC new zones take time...if they get it out this month ill be shocked.

think about your fav MMO and how long it took before you got a new zone/raid instance.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Yamir's pass has been in development since late July early August I believe. PvP armor has been in development since late June early July and a 1/3 of it here. Notority system same as the PvP armor and is in game, although bugged due to not being tested while apprentice (everyone on test is lvl 80 lol).

Patch 3.0 rating

6.5/10 once the fixes happen it will be 8/10

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

Thx for the posts AmazingAvery i know alot of people flame and try to de-rail alot of your posts.  I personaly just purchased AoC and enjoying it alot more then i expected .  I don't get the newsletters so your post was informative for me atleast.   

• Lobbyboy69Lobbyboy69 Member Posts: 201

Must admit Avery everytime I see your posts and pictures of upcomming patches it really wets my appetite.

Then I remember it was the same before release where Id check your posts to see the glorious upcomming game....only to find out it was equivalent to watching paint dry to actually play.

I played AoC for a couple of evenings last week. Although the game was far better than when I left regarding lag etc, and they also seemed to have fixed a lot of things......it just seemed dull. There just seems to be something missing in it to make it a good mmo. Its pretty, but the core of the game for me is just ill thought out.

Id give it 6/10 in its current state...no matter what they do it will never reach an 8/10 in my eyes.

• WargPestWargPest Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by Lobbyboy69

Must admit Avery everytime I see your posts and pictures of upcomming patches it really wets my appetite.
    Then I remember it was the same before release where Id check your posts to see the glorious upcomming game....only to find out it was equivalent to watching paint dry to actually play.
    I played AoC for a couple of evenings last week. Although the game was far better than when I left regarding lag etc, and they also seemed to have fixed a lot of things......it just seemed dull. There just seems to be something missing in it to make it a good mmo. Its pretty, but the core of the game for me is just ill thought out.
    Id give it 6/10 in its current state...no matter what they do it will never reach an 8/10 in my eyes.

Ohhh sweeeeet. That armor looks like one of my PvP armors, but even better. Avery, whats ETA for that Armor in the picture.

• Gaius2Gaius2 Member Posts: 17

Thx, i received the newletter via e-mail, never asked for it, and never subsribed to newsletters btw. I suggest everyone should re-subscribe the game, or subscribe if they didn't do that yet, especially Avery, who should both subscribe, resubscribe, and do this twice. Just pls, Funcom, leave me alone.

Gaius