Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When can you start building/buying houses?

I just got into crafting last night, and I have to say it is AWESOME. I think it's the sphere I'm going to pursue as it's like nothing else I've experienced in an MMO.

Just out of curiosity though - I've taken the path of an Artificer, and noticed you can construct your own houses. Does anyone know at what level you have to be to be able to do this, and how expensive it is in terms of resources etc. Would it be worth my while just to buy a house outright? (Assuming you can do this.)

Comments

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

you cant buy a house outright. It has to be built on a plot that you have to buy first and it requires a lot of materials from different crafting professions. You will not be able to build it all by yourself unless you make alt crafters.

Last time I tried to buy the materials to build a house I just gave up becuase the prices were just stupid. maybe they are better  now with the unified broker /shrug

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

If I remember right, there are 3 r diferent types of plots, depending on how far or near they are from a main city. I bought 1 plot that cost me 2 gold and some silver. And it was the cheaper one. Oh damn... it was in a wonderfull spot in the coast.

• morpinmorpin Member Posts: 360

You can buy a plot of land right away for a reasonable price and then you must pay a weekly update fee.   Its worth it to get the land becuase even without a house on your plot, you can recall to that location. 

There are 3 tiers of housing T3-T5.  Its kind of like the 3 little pigs; the T3 house looks like it is made out of straw., T4 - is sticks and T5 is bricks.  Besides the appearance the higher level houses let you keep more items in it and you can have more chests in them which allows even more storage, which is really the benefit of a house - storage. 

The houes are made of various materials, bricks, shingles, beams, etc. which are made mostly by Artifacters (mineralogists for bricks and timbers by carpenters).  there are other materials like nails from blacksmiths and curtains from tailors.

You dont thave to build the entire house all at once.  As you add materials the house will change to show the partial additions you have made.  You cant keep objects/chests in the house until you have completely finished it.

If you build a level T3 house and then decide you want to build a T5 house, you can destruct it and then sell of the T3 materials on the auction house, and buy new T5 materials. 

I waited until I had saved enough money for the T5 materials and built my house all once.  I think it took me about 2 platinum. 

You can only have 1 house/piece of land per account, but each of your alts owns the house and each can recall to it.

Just stay away from geting an adjustable rate mortgage from a rogue ;-)

• bob_sandwichbob_sandwich Member Posts: 45

getting a house is easy, ive made a few T5 houses myself. problem is knowing crafters... you need to have a outfitter, smith and a minerologist.  Getting the raw mats is the easy part.