Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Fantasy Online - a second chance

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Greetings,

I have been told by other players in EVE and SWG that the cancelled Warhammer (Fantasy) Online game may get a second chance as an unnamed new investor wants to finance the development of this game or buy the rights from Games Workshop.

Is there any truth to that rumour ?

Have fun

Erillion

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I have heard nothing supporting that, but I truly hope someone produces it.  well any one but sony that is.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ArathraelArathrael Member Posts: 27

There was a statement at the time - http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/22/news_6101092.html - that they were hoping that an additional partner might be brought in.

Of course, that may well be the source of this rumour in the first place. But it's at least an indication that it's not impossible.

I might be able to find out - it's a 'I know someone who knows someone' type of might be able to find out, so it's not that likely - but if I do hear anything before the world at large does, I'll pass it on, unless I'm asked not to, in which case I won't. I'd hint though. image

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303

I'm fairly skeptical, if this were true, we'd have some waft or hint of it rather then just this post.

• andermananderman Member Posts: 70

Perhaps someone who knows what they are doing will get to finish the game, so many computer game devs attempt mmo development when it's not their expertise.. So we get $20m spent on something that LOOKS real cool, but does it work? or even any fun in playing it? And isn't it just a clone, a repeat exactly like the others - WAKE UP! smell the coffee - you're FIRED, the projects over - we didn't know sh33t about mmo games, looked nice tho didn't it........

-Add

• lourageouslourageous Member Posts: 12
    I would KILL if that game would come back out after all. the ideas and the stuff i saw on the site looked GREAT! it was the game i was wanting to play out of all of these other games. now i am waiting on EQ2 to come out.. which was my second choice! but if warhammer would come out it would be awesome!!

• ArathraelArathrael Member Posts: 27

More possible info on this:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/553/553008p1.html

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26707

Still nothing really concrete though. Could just be Climax trying to drum up some further investment... we'll have to wait and see.

• lourageouslourageous Member Posts: 12
    well it did say that they were going to launch it still and that is good :) maybe we will still get lucky who knows!

• SilverSnakeSilverSnake Member Posts: 6

This one, together with Dragon Empires, were the two MMORPGs I were looking forward to the most. Both got cancelled. :( I'm really hoping to get to see this one come back to life!

• ShadowmancerShadowmancer Member Posts: 9

It has been confirmed: Climax has taken on WO even though Games Workshop stopped funding it.

If anyone here is a WO fan or part of the old community go here: www.warhammeronlineforum.com It was set up when WO died awhile back.

The Supreme Shadowlord Of The True Darkness

The Supreme Shadowlord Of The True Darkness