Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last night was awesome!

2»

Comments

• DeLuca74DeLuca74 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

Originally posted by Meridion

Originally posted by jblah

Dont really see how his main characters level would matter its how he plays the game. He does not over analyze every flaw in the game or focus on only the negative in a game.
    If he likes it and only sees the positive in a game then where is the harm in that. If I only focused on negative things in a game I would hate every game.
    This is a video game  its meant to be enjoyed and Mythic has been doing its best to provide the best experience they can to the player. They cant make everyone happy and some will just always be unhappy but better than to just make promises then do nothing but tell us to wait till after sub time for new fixes and content.
    Only game I have ever hated was AOC and thats just because the company itself decieved me and I have never had a video game company do that to me before. Not even real hate for the game just the company and its management.
    Problems happen in games just like everywhere else in life but being dishonest about it makes it a personal problem to me.
    Do me a favor and find the person in your family that you love the most and only focus on the negative things about that person. See how you feel about that person after only focusing on the negative things about them.

Have you read his other posts?

Critizising is one thing. Downwars unreflected praise in every respect is another. It's fanboyism; Every flaw? This game is not a little flawed here and there, it has dramatic population direction problems.

Denying crappy community, heavy order/dest imbalances, meaningless PvE/partially RvR, because you play on a populated realm in a good guild and have merely reached level 20 won't add credibility to any of your statements. The right position would be "I cannot judge because half of the points I cannot and have not experienced"

You cannot argue about BW being overpowered with a level 17 char where BWs aren't half as brutal as they get.

you cannot argue about grind when it takes 2 hours to get from level 17 to 18.

etc.

It's that simple. I gave the game one month, 3 characters and about 1 week played time. That's 8 hours per day and ate up my whole vacation. And I won't let a guy that enjoys his on/off-casual experience at level kindergarten tell me that he can judge _anything_ that involves a reasonable examination of game population and mechanics.

M

1. Sounds like you rushed through the game, seriously. All you did was level? Sounds boring.

2. I don't care what level I am, thats why I like WAR, its not about the levels.

3. And c'mon man, I've been gaming, probably since before you were born, ever heard of a BBS? Just because i'm not rushing through every game that comes out and considering it a grind fest, just because I'm taking my time and trying to enjoy my purchase, this makes me a on/off-casual experience level kindergarten player?

Seriosly, I'm sorry if my posts in your other threads hurt your feelings, you really seem vindictive.

And dude, all of the nay sayers talking about WAR aren't talking about issues when you're a high level, they're talking about issues that have to do with the core game so quit trying to rule me out because i'm level 13.

Being upset about something is one thing, spray painting your opinions all over the walls of the internet is another. To me, you're no better than a psychotic homeless guy screaming obscenities in the streets.

You just want attention.

probably not, John Smith, I'm 27, and you're 28!

1. All you CAN do in this game is level, I leveled my professions to over150 on the way which was ridiculously easy to find that they were worth crap because nobody needed my stuff. And there's no off-combat in this game. No housing, no real crafting, no clothing, no meeting points, no minigames, close-to-no roleplaying, HECK, you can't even SIT in this game.

2. it IS about the levels, because the moment you grind PQs or scenarios because no RvR is on and no more quests in your range is the moment you're f***ed. And this kicks in at level ~27. Mythic has increased XP in Tier 3 heavily, why do you think they did that? - because it was NO problem?

And if I was an attention troll, I'd probably  do this on a regular basis, you could -after all- browse through my posts and see for yourself, but as you didn't manage to get my age from my profile, I guess your attention span does not include adequate research.

you lied - for example - about server population. you said it wasn't declining when it needs a braindead monkey to look at the server list and see that there are no more queues (this was before the free month ended).

You lied when I posted a screenshot showing the maximum viewing distance in the game and you said "your sucky PC", I spared you with the usual "lol I got a ...." post, you just pushed the whole fanboy show too far with revealing yourself as an ultra low level player.

M

Wow.

Let it go man, let it go.

You live in a fantasy world based on assumptions and feelings I'm sure.

But in the end, things are what they are, even you.

And thats it.

So you can keep giving meaning to anything and everything and trying to feel important about it.

Or you don't.

I live a pretty stressful life but I'm pretty proud of myself for the fact that I am able to look at a forum about a video game and not take it personally.

That's all you have to say ...

Reflects your way of analysis quite accurately, "fantasy world based on assumptions and feelings..." "...things are what they are..."

Sounds like the who's-who of "blahblah land" to me. Look at the facts, or roll on a low pop server or join a high pop server with heavy imbalance, try to find someone to capture or defend a keep in T3/T4 at non-primetime...

I'm not critizising your opinion on WAR, I'm critizising your double measuring while applying it.

Make a choice, you either accept that you do not have the experience backround to judge this game on a general scale... or you deny this and keep judging it, but add a "this is how I see it (on my healthy server at level 13)" to your statements and stop playing the Iraqi information minister here.

M

Yep thats all I have to say. I'm bored talking to you, because you're boring.

thats right, unlike you, i know when to let it go :)

have fun being mad, upset, whatever you're being.

Pixel what server do you play on?

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by markoraos

1. All you CAN do in this game is level, I leveled my professions to over150 on the way which was ridiculously easy to find that they were worth crap because nobody needed my stuff. And there's no off-combat in this game. No housing, no real crafting, no clothing, no meeting points, no minigames, close-to-no roleplaying, HECK, you can't even SIT in this game.

Lol you rushed through the game so fast you never even had a chance to see any of the sights by the side of the road...Sad... There is so much fluff in it that it is staggering... For example,  just the other day I learned what "pocket" items are for - each one gives your character a funny emote or effect or something cool like that. How's that for depth and customization? Lool... but heck, what do I know? You were the fastest one to level (and to quit) so I suppose you are the first authority on everything that pertains to this game.
    I'm probably not, still I know what pocket items are. nevertheless, you cannot sit or lay down, fact, you cannot drink (alcohol), fact, there are no minigames, fact, there are no customization options (besides armor and trophies) to your char after creation, fact, you cannot have a house/place, fact, there are no harvesting nodes other than looting corpses, fact, and you cannot craft armor, weapons, jewelry or anything essentially needed for ingame mechanics. I don't say this HAS to be in, I just want to make sure we outline this. I've played LotRO for over a year, I do know full well how to enjoy a _good_ roleplaying/crafting/socializing game...
    2. it IS about the levels, because the moment you grind PQs or scenarios because no RvR is on and no more quests in your range is the moment you're f***ed. And this kicks in at level ~27. Mythic has increased XP in Tier 3 heavily, why do you think they did that? - because it was NO problem?

LOL what are you arsing about man? I'm 27 now and I started playing in HS. I've been taking my time and enjoying the sights. I got a few alts etc and atm there is non-stop RvR in T3 and I hear things are getting crazy in T4... In fact I'm having a hard time trying to get away from RvR so I can do some easy questing and scenarios.. Just admit it that you made a mistake by rush-leveling through the game and hitting the dry spot because you outleveled the population of your server.

Untrue, I leveled an Archmage to 18 on an RP realm, discovering that there was no RP and everyone I started to talk to RP-style ignored me, then I started in a RP guild and the only "RP" they did was to say "well met" instead of " 'sup.Th" Then I leveled a Witchelf to level 25 on an open-rvr-RP realm discovering that the server was deserted while marked as "mid population". There were no scenarios popping in T3, no RvR going on except TS-coordinated, planned fights and I basically leveled through PvE, which I could have done in any other, much better PvE game, like EQ2 or again, LotRO.
    So I rerolled on a normal ruleset server with queues of 50 minutes during prime time and many, many people on. As a matter of fact the queues vanished and the population density there dropped significantly, still I played the zealot on this server to 35 and I had times in which I enjoyed the game a lot. Still, most of the time I did not have anything to do, as I had a hard time finding people for common things to do; most of the people were busy standing in Warcamps grinding scenarios... well I'd repeat myself here, you probably know why I quit.
    Instead of chillin and waiting for the rest of the population to catch up you publicly  quit the game and turned into a hater who is going to spend the rest of his gaming days blaming the game because he made a mistake playing it... Oh but I guess you'll never know because you quit and you are still the smartest kid on the block, no matter what the real state of the game is. Your rage will keep building up because your vision of the game will stay the one you left with - you alone on T3 or T4 or whatever, never willing to admit that maybe, just maybe it is you who made the mistake.  Jeez that's one of the most juvenile things I ever saw TBH...
    As I said before - and posted before, yesterday the last time - I don't hate the game, I'll be the first to return if it recovers. This was just a personal attack towards pixeldogmeat. I'm also not really bitter, I resubbed to EvE and LotRO and I had a very laid back, very relaxing time creating a new character, farming ore-nodes and playing music...
    And if I was an attention troll, I'd probably  do this on a regular basis, you could -after all- browse through my posts and see for yourself, but as you didn't manage to get my age from my profile, I guess your attention span does not include adequate research.
    you lied - for example - about server population. you said it wasn't declining when it needs a braindead monkey to look at the server list and see that there are no more queues (this was before the free month ended).
    Crikey... they're raising population caps following server/netcode optimizations. They've been doing it since the HS... I suppose they'll find optimal server population their hardware can support and do mergers (in fact those server migrations that are coming up are a preparation for this). My server's population's been steadily raising since I started playing lol.. I'd call it anything but ghost town and its low/med at the moment.
    At the time of  this argument it was true, that's about 2 weeks ago. I never said things like "ghost town" or "it's doomed" or crap like that. I said the population density on the server was declining as of 2 weeks ago and pixeldogmeat - in a glorious moment of heroic WAR defense - said something like "lol false i have a lot of fun and many people to play with"... As I said, it's the "level 13, no experience but know-it-all"-factor that made me mad, not the actual opinion.
    You lied when I posted a screenshot showing the maximum viewing distance in the game and you said "your sucky PC", I spared you with the usual "lol I got a ...." post, you just pushed the whole fanboy show too far with revealing yourself as an ultra low level player.
    M

M

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

Meridion,

You really should take a break, relax and concentrate on something more positive.  It's not healthy to constantly be so negative.  It can actually affect your health and outlook on life itself.

If you dont like the game, move on to another... but please.. spare the drama for the rest of us.  Some of us are actually here to have FUN and discuss a game we like.

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

I lol'd at this:

"there are no customization options (besides armor and trophies) to your char after creation"

Soooo you're saying "There are no customization options besides these customization options...."

Does putting them in parentheses make them disappear? (you can't see this)

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by checkthis500

I lol'd at this:
    "there are no customization options (besides armor and trophies) to your char after creation"
    Soooo you're saying "There are no customization options besides these customization options...."
    Does putting them in parentheses make them disappear? (you can't see this)

If there are 2 apples left in a bag of originally 20, does the phrase "there are no apples left besides these 2" not make sense?

M
  • IxnatifualIxnatifual Member Posts: 475

Definetly agree with the OP. RvR has really picked up and will only improve. It's getting closer and closer to how it was in the beta. It's a shame it didn't start sooner, or the retention rate would have been considerably higher.  Scenarios are fun and all, but it pales compared to world RvR.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

From 10 to 1 there were massive rvr battles on my server. 

Was still going on when I crashed.  Wasnt mythics fault my ISP died or something luckly its back on this morning.

The Event has kick started RvR.  Good move on mythics part.