Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stygian Abyss still on track

MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

Just thought some of you UOers would like to see this.

http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/

It's still alive and going strong.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

hehe, a race between Stygian Abyss and Darkfall

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Wow...I had no idea another expansion was on the way...o.0 Milk that money cow for a wee bit more....

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

I still play UO but not actively ,I login everyday just to increase my Ninjitsu ,it's 108.3 at the moment

I will try Stygian Abyss when it's released though :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Hmmmm, nothing on there to indicate the project is still being actively worked on. They've greyed out the FAQ and a few other things by the looks of it. The two ingame screen shots shown on the site show the games classic 2d client as there's no way those screen shots were done on the Kingdom reborn client. Has this expansion disappearing from radar over the past year since it was meant to be released, been because they're redoing the whole expansion to allow 2d client into this new dungeon, as they realize they can't win a majority over to the new client I wonder?

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

The site was actually put up about the time the OP posted the link on this thread.  The links are greyed out because they're planning on updateing the site with information as the time for the expansion release date comes.

As far as Kingdom Reborn, I believe they realized it was not anywhere close to what they wanted it to be.  This heavily delayed the SA expansion.  So they are going to release the expansion with the ability to play in 2D or the Stygian Abyss client, which is basically a complete overhaul of the KR client.

From the hints i've gathered from reading the developers posts on stratics, it sounds like the expansion will come out between March and June of 09.  They have not released an official date yet though.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    Originally posted by wrekognize

The site was actually put up about the time the OP posted the link on this thread.  The links are greyed out because they're planning on updateing the site with information as the time for the expansion release date comes.
    As far as Kingdom Reborn, I believe they realized it was not anywhere close to what they wanted it to be.  This heavily delayed the SA expansion.  So they are going to release the expansion with the ability to play in 2D or the Stygian Abyss client, which is basically a complete overhaul of the KR client.
    From the hints i've gathered from reading the developers posts on stratics, it sounds like the expansion will come out between March and June of 09.  They have not released an official date yet though.

Yes, I posted this the day I think the link went up (or around the time).  Which was back in September, so I would guess that they are planning on releasing it.

As for the graphics, your right.  They are re-doing the KR client and re-releasing it with SA.  I'm interested in seeing what they can do with it.  I would like for a possible Warcraft 3 like engine, where you can go into a slight 3d mode.  But that might be stretching things a bit.

I wish I could try the real game, but the trials are not working.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds