Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone bashes F2P Games, except...

Guild Wars,

...why?

/discuss

Comments

• oldboneoldbone Wizard101 CorrespondentMember Posts: 41

Keep in mind, it's been years since I've looked at guild wars... but, I remember paying $49.99 for a box. 

Most F2P games only require a free download... no risk. 

(of course, that doesn't answer your question) 

The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• MatticulousMatticulous Member Posts: 52

No risk lol actually there is lots of risk(adware, spyware, virus Etc.) You mean no money

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 471

Guild Wars Rocks !

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• daffasdaffas Member Posts: 56

Guild Wars is a professional game with constant updates.  Granted that many f2p games do have constant updates, and they are professionals but the quality of Guild Wars is problably higher because they have more money, time, and people.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 471
    Originally posted by daffas

Guild Wars is a professional game with constant updates.  Granted that many f2p games do have constant updates, and they are professionals but the quality of Guild Wars is problably higher because they have more money, time, and people.

Guild wars is almost fault free where as the forum where we are dicussing it has this fault ....

The game world needs to be open to the real players and out of the clutches of the in -game support people is what i would suggest but then again i have already quit so hardly any difference for me as such .

This is a basic fault that needs to be fixed as soon as possible as this is the core of this game.

The game is dependent on time. Each turn takes 30secs. So if you lag you will miss turns either against monsters or against opponents in free league. The game has many battle speeds and I have found that the same toon and the same opponents difficulty level rises or falls in free leagues with different battle speeds and thus I think the game is a bit dependent on the internet speed when it comes to free league

The limited time actualy in laag do not allow you to take the turns or in laag it does not allow you to take all the turns and thus you miss turns. If you shout the problem out in free league then people may answer all your other characters were stunned. You can make the same logic against monsters too. But my explanation is we have a faulty system released as a game which do not work when it laags and thus this error if not fixed and i do not know if slowing the game more will fix it, will eventually kill the game.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

1. No grind  - Except achievments for the Hall of Monuments which also is clearly optional.

2. No monthly fee - You can put it down anytime you like without feeling commited to the game.

3. PVP is fun if you like that.

4. It is mission based and it has no fedex quests where you need to collect 5 items and return for a reward.

5. It has a good story and many love the lore of the game.

6. The character model were done pretty well and they aren't cartoony looking like other games.

7. Graphics - For a game that was released in 2005 it is still more graphically appealing than most newer games.

Yeah the game has flaws but Guild Wars 2 is in the making where we will be seeing vast improvements on the current and also getting alot of new things as well without the cost of a monthly fee :)