Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being different.

ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

Hello,

I was wondering how much specialization there is in aion? I am not talking about the appearance of my character, but of the skills and attributes. Since there is only 2 playable races, and 8 classes total, how much different can my character be compared to another character of the same class?

Is it like wow, where you can spec alot and be totally diffrent from another character (Never really played wow, but heard they had a good idea) or will it be more like L2, where you basically had the same character as another person of the same class, only diffrent gear?

Thanks alot,

Exekile

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

There are many ways to customize your character.

Stigmas: You have 5 slots you could fill with stigma slots, getting a skill from a different class, including usage of different armors and weapons.

Manastones: Apply different effects to your weapons, from critical chance to defence.

Godstones: Like manastones, but stronger effects.

Then there is something about applying elemental damage afaik, read about it not so long ago even if I cant recall where.

Stigmas are, anyways, the best way to difference your character from others, there will be a lot to choose from and the most powerful ones will be "hard" to obtain.

• megafluxmegamegafluxmega Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by Ephimero

There are many ways to customize your character.
    Stigmas: You have 5 slots you could fill with stigma slots, getting a skill from a different class, including usage of different armors and weapons.
    Manastones: Apply different effects to your weapons, from critical chance to defence.
    Godstones: Like manastones, but stronger effects.
    Then there is something about applying elemental damage afaik, read about it not so long ago even if I cant recall where.
    Stigmas are, anyways, the best way to difference your character from others, there will be a lot to choose from and the most powerful ones will be "hard" to obtain.

gee, you make it sound like so many crappy free to play games with cash shops.

good thing OP doesnt mean by looks, cause if you play aion you are stuck looking like an E-mo' (and no i wasnt trying to say emo ..clever what i did there really).

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

well, the manastones are just like in WAR, the elemental atributes, I guess like in L2, and the stigmas, unique concept I havent seen before.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

You will also be able to add stats to your wings. Longer flight time, faster flight speed, and so on.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by megafluxmega

gee, you make it sound like so many crappy free to play games with cash shops.
    good thing OP doesnt mean by looks, cause if you play aion you are stuck looking like an E-mo' (and no i wasnt trying to say emo ..clever what i did there really).

You sound like you need an education.

In F2P games you BUY those things. In P2P you have to earn them somehow. However yes they are exactly the same thing but executed differently. For ex in EQ2 you earn points through adventuring and can choose where to allocate them on your class tree and which stat to boost. Which makes you a different templar... As a fury I can pick whether to max my heals, my dps, my thunder damage (spell crit), or have pets, increase running speed and ect..

In Aion they go a step further because you can add skills from other classes that you normally would never get, or weapons and armor.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)