Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO/Online Game Achievements!

Welcome to the Museum of MMO Achievements!  I have just started this wonderful organization to compile just some of the many accomplishments of MMOs.  Please add whatever achievements you would like as long as they are applicable.  Enjoy!

Final Fantasy XI:

• Most boring traveling award
  • Worst attempt at a translator.
  • 2 hours to get a group

Hellgate London:

• Go bankrupt

Age of Conan:

• Let people get good at crafting then nerf it to dust
  • Max server population at any given time = 10 people.
  • Bait and switch mastery

Darkfall:

• Make people believe vaporware can come out.
  • Too good to be true

Star Wars Galaxies/Ultima Online/Other:

• Sell your game to a major company who ruins the game.
  • Refuse to release classic servers
  • Make people cry

Maple Story:

• Cash shop achieved!

Auto Assault:

• Release a game and then shut it down.
  • Fail

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes:

• Boring
  • Lose most of your players in the first month!
  • Put an idiot in charge of your game
  • WTF were you thinking award

World of Warcraft :

• Ultra easy mode unlocked
  • Make gold selling an easy business to succeed in.
  • Force people to compare everything to your game.
  • Every MMO post your release has/will fail.
  • Obtain a license to print money
  • Ruin the genre. 

--------------------------------
Darkfall: December or vaporware!

Comments

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

haha.

By the way:

Most boring traveling award

Can it really be more possible to be more dull than most mmos concerning travelling?

• IchabodCraneIchabodCrane Member Posts: 39

Eldanloco

• Failure to succeed at making a funny thread
    • Most hardcore failure in a thread
    • Judging a game before it comes out (or goes into open beta for that matter) 
    • Largest amount of asshattery in one post

conratz. You fail at the forums.

now go back to the WoW OT forums and learn how to troll correctly.

Played: Runescape, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579
    Originally posted by IchabodCrane

Eldanloco

Judging a game before it comes out (or goes into open beta for that matter) 

The line quoted is the only one i agree with in your post IchabodCrane, the rest should be an award for you trolling..  The OP has tried to make a decent enough thread and perhaps something that should be done on an official level....

Darkfall shouldn't be in the list OP, not out yet. games not out yet shouldn't be included or your likely to get more posts from people like IchabodCrane. Remove Darkfall and this thread may be one of only a few that contain minimal flames.

PS: i'm looking forward to Darkfall before anyone tries to flame me as someone who hates it.

• IchabodCraneIchabodCrane Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Antaran

Eldanloco

The line quoted is the only one i agree with in your post IchabodCrane, the rest should be an award for you trolling..  The OP has tried to make a decent enough thread and perhaps something that should be done on an official level....

Darkfall shouldn't be in the list OP, not out yet. games not out yet shouldn't be included or your likely to get more posts from people like IchabodCrane. Remove Darkfall and this thread may be one of only a few that contain minimal flames.

PS: i'm looking forward to Darkfall before anyone tries to flame me as someone who hates it.

Ok...I did troll a little bit

But I'd much rather look at the little successes of these games rather than how they didn't do so well. We all know what went wrong with them, but if you are going to give the bad side...give us some of the things that they did right.

Played: Runescape, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Originally posted by Antaran

Eldanloco

Ok...I did troll a little bit

But I'd much rather look at the little successes of these games rather than how they didn't do so well. We all know what went wrong with them, but if you are going to give the bad side...give us some of the things that they did right.

Aye, i agree also, if bad "awards" are going to be done then the good should also be included.

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276