Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO combat/gameplay development team?

Hi,

Would it be possible for some developers in this industry to start a company entirely focusing on developing these aspects of MMO's? To create a standard and perfect it?

To create "modules" of perfection that companies could buy and then integrate into their games?

Companies wouldn't have to "start over" when thinking of gameplay mechanics for their new MMO. Instead they would choose from these "modules" of varying degrees of depth like casual/medium/hardcore for their intended target audience. Spend their time/resources focusing on the content of the game rather than "Reinventing the wheel".

Such team would research the possibilities of making as fun, functional and interesting MMO gameplay experience as possible considering the challenges caused by network latency & massive amounts of players.

Away from the auto attack & hotbar repetitive routines to a more active & rewarding gameplay!

Sorry if this sounds dumb I'm just bored and brainstorming how this industry could improve while waiting on Darkfall =p and hoping to see a change! 

Comments

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

I can see that this would help reduce dev time but it sounds like a recipe for more clones, which is what I don't want to see.

If someone developes such a system and it is widely used how would you know that a potentially better one isn't being overlooked?

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

SOO many people have already beaten you to the punch and offer it in a form that beats out 'modules'.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• ilidanionilidanion Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Blodpls

If someone developes such a system and it is widely used how would you know that a potentially better one isn't being overlooked?

They could develop various models to choose from and if "The Best and The Brightest" would work together in this industry we would see some amazing results I imagine!

Many industries already work this way they do what they do best and leave the rest to others!

And I doubt it would become widely used and that everyone would become clones many would still do it the hard way I'm sure!

But if a team would be commited to this constantly researching new ways and developing and perfecting the old ones they would be the wiser I'm sure!