Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard - one of the most underrated MMOs around

13»

Comments

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Spoofis

Vanguard will be enjoyed by LOTRO players and EQ2 types.
    WoW players will find VG's combat system simple and boring.

well I'd say that wow's combat system is better then eq2 or Lotro but there is no way I'd say it is better then VG.  Vanguards combat system is the only one I've ever seen that actually requires some real thought and decision making.  It is be far the best combat system in any MMO to date. 

That said I'd say that wow has a good system as well.  Better then EQ2 and LoTro or any other game.

TR I think has an interesting combat system that is fun.  AoC has a dreadful combat system that is different but I hate.  DDO has a pretty good combat system as well.  Very group oriented but not as good as wow.

---
    Ethion

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

I think VA may be the best for a fantasy MMO combat.

But for general pve or pvp combat, id have to go with Neocron.

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• tariq071tariq071 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Spoofis

Vanguard will be enjoyed by LOTRO players and EQ2 types.
    WoW players will find VG's combat system simple and boring.

You are kidding, right ?  WoW combat is most simplistic combat in any MMO. VG beats it by far(as EQ2 does also, and probably Hello Kitty to), you actually have to think.

In WoW there is nothing to think about it in any aspect, that's why you can run into 5 year old kids playing there.

I would agree that lot of players that played only WoW would find it maybe to complicated for them, not simplistic.

• morpinmorpin Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Letsinod

Funny how no one ever mentions the swath of empty and unpopulated chunks in this game.  There are literally TONS of empty areas in the game.  I played this game for a long time both on release and again this last spring and you can never get over the empty feeling the world has.  Its lifeless and dead.  You can run just south of Ahgram and run through literally three zones of desert with not a single creature.  When you get down to cross the big bridge you get to another HUGe island that is absolutely desolit. 

I think the areas you are describing south of Ahgram are player housing areas.

• etwynnetwynn Member Posts: 219