Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

high hopes great let downs

I am a huge SW fan and i was looking forward to SWG. I played for 2 months and found it totally not noob friendly. i hope it gets scrapped and started fresh.  Love mmorpgs but this one i must give up on sadly.

Comments

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by dolofonos

I am a huge SW fan and i was looking forward to SWG. I played for 2 months and found it totally not noob friendly. i hope it gets scrapped and started fresh.  Love mmorpgs but this one i must give up on sadly.

I think a big part of the current population problem is hinted at in this post.  If it's not noob friendly, and it's not veteran player friendly, who does that leave?

A broken and ever changing game with reduced development staff and a history of bad customer relations leaves people searching for a better MMO, and hoping for a better StarWars MMO.

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

Well this is basically what happens when you try and change a sandbox game into a game with directed content, it works great on the nub player station, they get led along a path in a confined area til lvl 5(?) then boom, they're dumped in Mos Eisley. I can see how and why new players have been put off since the NGE, not saying it was any easier before, it really wasn't but at least before the game didn't lull them into a false sense of security, there were also a lot more people hanging at the SP's willing to hlp new players back in the day as well, now they get dumped into a mass of "1337 Jeddaaai" duelling.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.