Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need wow replacement

MBAngelMBAngel Member Posts: 12

I've been playing wow for 3 years now.  The events leading up to the new expansion have convinced me that this game is heading in a direction I don't want to follow...

Some of my desires:

NO PVP without consent, period.  I don't care if it goes on in the game, but I don't want it to be required to play the game, or progress.  This one's a deal breaker.

Parties/groups of 6 or 7 allowed.  We have a small group of us that like to play together.  We don't care what oenalties you impose as long as we can all group and do things together

Plenty of questing and things to do.

Instances or other methods to keep players from stealing my kills.

it can be p2p, or f2p I don't care, I just want it to be as thoroughly fun as wow was for us, but doesn't let us down with full open pvp events even tho they know we hate pk griefers and gankers. 

I have played a healer class in different games for 6 years.  The game needs some kind of healer class.  It would be nice to have a large choice like wow has as far as races and classes and professions, but at the very least a tank clas, a ranged caster or dps class, and a healer class would be perfect.

I'm currently trying out Dungeon runners, and it looks fun, but I always feel like I got one hand tied behind my back without heals.   It has a lot of features I really like about it - the sense of humor, grouping options. the pvp rules even thrill me, and I hate pvp.  I like the quests so far, and the pets I could get.  I don't mind that the graphics are a little cheesy. 

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Try Everquest 2

Great PVE, there are 6 healer classes so go crazy :p and no forced pvp.

http://everquest2.gameamp.com/info/showClasses/13.php

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ohsofresh42ohsofresh42 Member Posts: 68

Well you do have plenty of options... May I suggest a few of these...

Lord of the Rings Online

Warhammer Online

City of Heroes

Everquest 1 or 2

Guild Wars

EvE (might not be what your looking for but hey i enjoyed it for a few weeks)

The Chronicles of Spellbourn

Dungeons and Dragons Online

not all of these will be up your alley but hey I'm atleast trying to help ya out.

My favs are the top two the others are just filler imho since I play war and Lotro daily and they are by far the best on the list. Most have free trials so give all of them a shot and others out there maybe you will find your perfect match. I was in the same boat as you for awhie trying to find something to replace WoW.

GL in your search for a new game!

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by MBAngel

I've been playing wow for 3 years now.  The events leading up to the new expansion have convinced me that this game is heading in a direction I don't want to follow...
    Some of my desires:
    NO PVP without consent, period.  I don't care if it goes on in the game, but I don't want it to be required to play the game, or progress.  This one's a deal breaker.
    Parties/groups of 6 or 7 allowed.  We have a small group of us that like to play together.  We don't care what oenalties you impose as long as we can all group and do things together
    Plenty of questing and things to do.
    Instances or other methods to keep players from stealing my kills.
    it can be p2p, or f2p I don't care, I just want it to be as thoroughly fun as wow was for us, but doesn't let us down with full open pvp events even tho they know we hate pk griefers and gankers. 
    I have played a healer class in different games for 6 years.  The game needs some kind of healer class.  It would be nice to have a large choice like wow has as far as races and classes and professions, but at the very least a tank clas, a ranged caster or dps class, and a healer class would be perfect.
    I'm currently trying out Dungeon runners, and it looks fun, but I always feel like I got one hand tied behind my back without heals.   It has a lot of features I really like about it - the sense of humor, grouping options. the pvp rules even thrill me, and I hate pvp.  I like the quests so far, and the pets I could get.  I don't mind that the graphics are a little cheesy. 

Spellborn

• cataphrachtcataphracht Member Posts: 50

This one's simple everquest 2 it would be all you looking for

• MBAngelMBAngel Member Posts: 12

OK, I've spent a few days looking into the games suggested here.  Sony sucks for customer support.  I guess I should have included that as one of my needs. 

I went to try lotro and there is no free trial, so unless I can get some helpful board member to send me 2 free trial referrals (me and my hubby), I won't be trying that game.  I guess they don't want any new customers right now, so that can't be the game for me, although, I do like a lot of what I've read about it on their site and in forums. 

The words "guild" and "war" in the same sentence skeers the bejeezus out of me.  It sounds like pvp to an extreme, lol.

I think I'll just print out the list and go down it one by one, making notes on each and take the one with the least dings.  I know wow is a good game, but you'd think there was something similar...  I am willing to pay to play, lol. 

Thanks for all your great suggestions.  If anyone is a carebear like me, and has found a good new home, let me know.  Thanks!

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413

Not exactly sure where you are getting bad customer support from SoE, i personaly have had all my e-mail answered within a day, and generally in game petitions within 10 minutes.

Now Verant on the other hand i had some major issues with back in the day.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

The chronicles of spellborn is pretty nice, you could also try out Ryzom

• cataphrachtcataphracht Member Posts: 50

I know this may sound a bit silly but when I used to play EQ2 for 2 years I never once needed customer support so I can't say if it sucks or not but I can say you won't need it unless your looking for it.

If it's not for you still, dare I suggest Age of Conan despite what all the doomsayers say, it's a good game bordering great with a new leader and content being added regulary, despite being pvp orientated there is pve servers where pvp's not allowed.

I'm going out on a limb here and will say the first 40 levels of AOC is the most fun I had in any mmo for that amount of time but there's a major downside in AOC - once I played it I could'nt go back to any older mmorpgs the whole feel of AOC is awesome imo and made wow, vanguard, EQ2(which was my favourite), LOTRO feel really basic.