Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is NOT SWG

Anyone else sick of the comparisons and nostalgia of it?  Reminds of the WoW vs EQ comparisons when WoW launched. 

Comments

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

They're both mmorpgs of Star Wars of course they're going to be compared to death.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

If there is a message in this I am too dumb to find it. Wait... maybe there is none?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

it may get annoying to see some of the vets grasping out of desperation for their old game to be made, but just let them be, they'll understand soon enough that nobody will ever recreate that world, its gone forever, even them guys working on the you know whats wont finish...SWG is dead forever.

but maybe just maybe there will be some nice features in the new game to keep some of them old vets happy..as long as they don't mind playing with console players and the game most likely being level based and all that jazz.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

It's about as annoying as seeing constant crying by folks about vets being nostalgic.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Not all vets are complaing, alot of us are just waiting to see what the game is about  still. I'll pass judgement on whether I dislike it or not after it launches. I do think there are some areas they need to focus on for this MMO that have roots in SWG, like crafting and world openess (which they have heard), houseing senerios ect. The art is still a work in progress so I'm not gonna get all hot and bothered over it either. Just gonna have to wait and see.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by Airwren

It's about as annoying as seeing constant crying by folks about vets being nostalgic.

What a douche bag comment.

Makes me laugh tho

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by SXRchosen1

Makes me laugh tho

Lol...I agree with Tillamook's post though.  As a former SWG vet there are things that I would love to see them implement in TOR that have their origins in SWG.  Not because I believe that SWG was some uber game and I want to see its second coming.  The reason I am pushing so hard for these things is I have yet to see another MMO do them.  Things that are good are good regardless of what game they came from.  For those who never played SWG, how can you say what the crafting or character customization is like?  For us vets, we're trying to explain that some of these features were just awesome and we'd love to see another MMO implement them.  That's all I'm pushing for as a former SWG vet.  I don't care if it's sandbox or not, pvp centric or not, just give me good crafting and character customization. lol

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by observer

Anyone else sick of the comparisons and nostalgia of it?  Reminds of the WoW vs EQ comparisons when WoW launched. 

More sick of these kinds of posts to be honest. The more they make TOR like original SWG, the better chance it has to be a good game.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

comparing WoW to EQ1 is like comparing Cake (EQ) to shit (WoW)

Originally posted by SXRchosen1

Makes me laugh tho

Lol...I agree with Tillamook's post though.  As a former SWG vet there are things that I would love to see them implement in TOR that have their origins in SWG.  Not because I believe that SWG was some uber game and I want to see its second coming.  The reason I am pushing so hard for these things is I have yet to see another MMO do them.  Things that are good are good regardless of what game they came from.  For those who never played SWG, how can you say what the crafting or character customization is like?  For us vets, we're trying to explain that some of these features were just awesome and we'd love to see another MMO implement them.  That's all I'm pushing for as a former SWG vet.  I don't care if it's sandbox or not, pvp centric or not, just give me good crafting and character customization. lol

haha, I know, im just give you a hard time dude

I pray for a faster combat system then SWG, a bit slow I thought.

Originally posted by Abrahmm

More sick of these kinds of posts to be honest. The more they make TOR like original SWG, the better chance it has to be a good game.

:::DOUBLE POST:::

Wouldnt that make the game fail.