Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Is Going To Suck HARD

Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Years ago I said that "the new Star Wars MMO would be a WoW clone." A lot of people said they thought I was wrong.

This game is going to suck hard. I've been reading Old Republic comics and novels for years (since the 90's). I like the setting but really, does LA think "millions" of people give a rats ass? They are clueless corporate tools.

First off, "mainstream" Star Wars fans want whats in the films (namely, the classic trilogy).

Second, the only reason they set it in the Old Republic is so everyone can have a lightsaber (glow stick, yay!).

Thirdly, PC games are actively trying to become Console games (instead of the other way around).

This game is going to attract a huge WoW-type community. The same immature community that haunts games like Warhammer and LOTRO.

This game is so obviously going to suck it's not even funny. And it will fall far short of the hopes the corporate tools behind it are aiming for.

"Star Wars should be outselling World of Warcraft." Lucas Arts, much like George Lucas himself, has zero clue about entertainment.

I feel sorry for all you fanboys who hope for pre-cu-like openness and depth in this WoW-clone. It ain't gonna happen.

Forget this kiddie crap and go grow some food before the economy colapses.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I've been saying from the start that BioWare's MMO was SW and it was a WoW style MMO, simply from the way they ooze WoW fanboism in their interviews.

However, that does not mean it will suck and I think there should be a rule against SWG vets commenting on SWTOR before it's out.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

its to early to tell, lets hope they change a few stuff and try something different.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

Years ago I said that "the new Star Wars MMO would be a WoW clone." A lot of people said they thought I was wrong.

This game is going to suck hard. I've been reading Old Republic comics and novels for years (since the 90's). I like the setting but really, does LA think "millions" of people give a rats ass? They are clueless corporate tools.

First off, "mainstream" Star Wars fans want whats in the films (namely, the classic trilogy).

Second, the only reason they set it in the Old Republic is so everyone can have a lightsaber (glow stick, yay!).

Thirdly, PC games are actively trying to become Console games (instead of the other way around).

This game is going to attract a huge WoW-type community. The same immature community that haunts games like Warhammer and LOTRO.

This game is so obviously going to suck it's not even funny. And it will fall far short of the hopes the corporate tools behind it are aiming for.

"Star Wars should be outselling World of Warcraft." Lucas Arts, much like George Lucas himself, has zero clue about entertainment.

I feel sorry for all you fanboys who hope for pre-cu-like openness and depth in this WoW-clone. It ain't gonna happen.

I share your sceptics, but also I still try to fight for a better game. Until the very last day, when it goes live.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

So its not the SWG pre NGE/CU you vets want.

This does not mean its gonna suck. The game probably won't be out for another 2 years, no ones really played it, and there is very little info, yet you and with your crystal ball have already passed judgement. Well that is your right, have fun playing nothing while waiting for the return of SWG pre NGE/CU. I for one am happy Bioware's trying to make their own game (for good or bad) rather then just a SWG pre NGE/CU clone.

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

The 2 other KOTOR's were very fun. Let the DEV team make there own mistakes with the MMO, IF they do infact make a crap game.

Im a huge fan of MMOFPS's

I played SWG during free trail, and the game to me was complete crap.  I had to run away from a creature and shoot backwards to avoid getting hit...what kind of game play is that?! lol

oh and Bobfish, change that sig to Fallen Earth and will be set

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Fallen Earth is shocking though. Was thinking of perhaps making a SWTOR fansite though, as I can't really be bothered to keep up to date with Earthrise or anything else for that matter.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

A few screenshoots and we  get clueless reactions like this one ??

let see the game first then we can pass jugement if it's ganna a winner or failure .

this is such a dumb reaction from a gamer .

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Hurray more trolls!

Game is ages away from releasing and very few details have been released. You may be right or wrong we wont know until the devs release more details as development continues.

That being said Bioware is not like every other company and they always deliver good games. While this may be their 1st MMO it wont change the fact that they are ambitious in their games.

• UruktosUruktos Member Posts: 153

Electronic Arts + Lucas Arts + Bioware + MMO = Big LOL imo.

Bioware doesn't have any experience on MMO's so they WILL copy paste most of the popular MMO features and dumb it down even further.

I still believe Lucas Arts was participating in NGE and CU, KotOR 2 fiasco makes me think the game will be released before its ready.

Electronic Arts also doesn't have credible MMO experience, their only big title is Warhammer and thats in a decline.

I don't see a bright feature for SWtOR.

PS: I like KotOR 2 better than KotOR 1, but it still was a fiasco because the game was released unfinished because of LA pushing developers.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Rehmes

Hurray more trolls!
    Game is ages away from releasing and very few details have been released. You may be right or wrong we wont know until the devs release more details as development continues.
    That being said Bioware is not like every other company and they always deliver good games. While this may be their 1st MMO it wont change the fact that they are ambitious in their games.

It would be great if a company could design their own game.  However, Bioware has EA standing over their shoulders now so don't expect anything outside of the box.  I hope everything comes out alright but I don't set my hopes too high.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Locklain

Hurray more trolls!

It would be great if a company could design their own game.  However, Bioware has EA standing over their shoulders now so don't expect anything outside of the box.  I hope everything comes out alright but I don't set my hopes too high.

Spore was released under the EA umbrella and it was still a great game. The reason for that was that EA didn't make the damned game but rather published it. EA is known to turn games into crap but from my experience that has been more from their internal studios rather than studios they have acquired.

I trust Bioware will develop their game with relative freedom from EA while keeping in touch with LA which owns anything SW. Ofc i could be dead wrong but making claims about a game long before its development cycle is nearing its end and barely any details have been made open is pointless.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Locklain

Hurray more trolls!

Spore was released under the EA umbrella and it was still a great game. The reason for that was that EA didn't make the damned game but rather published it. EA is known to turn games into crap but from my experience that has been more from their internal studios rather than studios they have acquired.

I trust Bioware will develop their game with relative freedom from EA while keeping in touch with LA which owns anything SW. Ofc i could be dead wrong but making claims about a game long before its development cycle is nearing its end and barely any details have been made open is pointless.

Well one thing you have to keep in perspective (and pretend people aren't trolling or drama bombing) is this... Games are a subjective experience so it would be more accurate for the OP to say "the game will suck hard for me".

It appears pretty obvious the game will be class/level based.  So if you were someone that likes "skill based" game then it sucks hard already.

Perspective is everything.

BioWare and EA are really non factors here tho... Lucas Arts has the final word on everything.. period.

So anything you don't like when this game goes live...  is most likely something LA wanted in the game.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Hurray more trolls!

Yup, way too early to start saying it will suck or kill WoW.

Let's see an actual game before we start writing tomorrow's headlines.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• ID10TID10T Member Posts: 110

And if it is a wow Clone, is this a bad thing?? 11Million can't be wrong. How can you mix it up so different MMO are all the same.

Quest 1 Kill X and GET X

Sword, Gun, spell power all the same

Tank,caster, Marine, jedi all the same thing must kill something

Profession Hmmm, so your now doing work to make some sort of Currancy

All MMO's have the same concept, I haven't seen anything ground breaking. OH wait Vanguard had something different with a proffesion hmmm never mind it is just a proffesion a skill you need to learn.

The author, has issues with wow,

The only thing different in MMO is a story Line, and WoW and Star Wars have diiferent story lines... but the Concept any way you write will be the same. Kill X and Get a Reword X.

This discussion has been closed.