Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm out...

Comments

• crmznoutlw16crmznoutlw16 Member Posts: 142

I like the style of this post, and oh yea, the points are good too.  Which brings me to...

....nice post by OP.

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793
    Originally posted by Theutus

the scenarios have killed the greater part of this game... it will continue to die until they remove them...

This post wins the thread. In essence.. they really do need to remove scenarios and focus on pve and open rvr. Seriously.. when the games only selling point is that most people are  in scenarios... most of them dont listen.. they are just there to grind exp.. it becomes not worth my money.

You can play capture the flag in several first person shooters if you like.

Oh well... come on darkfall... dont fail us now.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

You don't have to do Scenarios if you don't want to. In fact, though they are often fun, I limit the number of scenarios I do daily because the only way to immerse in the world is to play in it.

If you join a good guild that actually works together on world RvR, PQs and Dungeons it doesn't matter if half the server is doing scenarios.

As long as you have guilds on each side that do the same, you can make the best of what the game offers.

The free transfers will start soon. I can't imagine many people leaving the high population servers, but there should be a lot of people and guilds that will leave the low pops for the medium pops. That's good for the people transferring and the people who already play on the medium population servers.

They will also offer guild transfers, so the work on leveling the guild will not be lost.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by markoraos

Get in a guild.
    Put more than 2 people on your friends list.
    I never go into scenarios or open RvR alone because I've managed to form a circle of acquaintances I like to play with. I'm proud to say our side (order ofc) wins 95% of all scenarios when my gang is around - heroism, noble saciafice, coordinated play and all that jazz. In open RvR even if we loose we usually have oodles of fun playing hide and seek with destros and/or dying heroically with elves /special-ing on the battlements while the keep is burning and all is lost.
    Sorry but if you're not playing social then don't expect people to fall over their heels trying to be social to you.

Do you know if the original poster was in a guild or how many people were on their friends list? 

No, ok then please stop blaming the problems of the game on anyone who has a complaint.  Try addressing the issues posted and not the person posting them.  Yeah I know I am being somewhat of a hypocrite here and I apologize.

We all know by now that you live on a low population server and get instant groups all day long with endless RvR.  Great for you, but I think it is pretty obvious that you are not representative of the overall popualation since even Mythic has plans to address low server populations and incentives to do just about anything other than scenarios.

This whole method of posting your sunshine and rainbow land stories and then blaming people for playing the game wrong when you know nothing about them is getting a little tiresome.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by Meridion

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

your sucky computer, I can see way farther than that :)

You are a liar. Period.

You know full well that this is maxed viewing distance and you put a smile emote behind a plain lie. Dude that's hardball...

Also the viewing distance is the same in every zone, no matter if Ellyrion or Badlands. The game engine only draws at a certain, FIXED distance which is set inside the performance options. If you wanna argue I can screenshot this for you. Viewing distance is around 1000 feet no matter where you are. You can actually see objects be drawn inside the fog if you look closely; which I do, because, as I said, to me this is an immersion factor, although I know this varies greatly.

The engine does not support distance drawing. What other games (Guildwars, LotRO, Oblivion) do is they make distant landscape very, very low res and transform vegetation to bitmaps. So you have the impression of seamless viewing distance, but in fact the drawing distance for real objects is very near and anything farther away is handled like a theater stage with 2D objects. This works because our eye works like this, everything farther away than roughly 300 feet is only 2D, our mind makes it look like 3D for us.

M

this is true and i have a top of the line computer , i cant see that far either this aint no Vanguard that for sure .

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

the scenarios have killed the greater part of this game... it will continue to die until they remove them...

/agree

and even more with what OP says.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Channce

/agree

and even more with what OP says.

its not just scenarios that killed the game.. a post i made in another thread that explains how alot of us feel..

You do understand that WARs endgame is the king... The endgame in a RvR game is focused mainly around grinding PvE gear...

As it stands you can only get 2 sets of Gear from rvr/pvp that help you do a small bit of end game.. and its 1000000x easier to sit in PVE dungeons to get the gear, rather then in a roll out of 50+ people to get your set item, that is if the correct bag is even on the list to roll for. So in the end you have a chance at a chance to get your set item, that makes people say "Screw rvr for set items i can pve for those items alot easier".

So now you have people PVE'ing to get items rather then sitting in RvR lakes because its pointless. You get more renown from scenarios, you get better items from PvE. whats the point in RvR until you have all the gear and numbers to actually push the keep lord and kill him, Which wont be for awhile so don't expect people to be happy about a flawed system making RvR pointless and unrewarding..

If you think iam wrong ask ANYBODY that has been in T4 longer then 1 day. RvR means nothing right now since nobody has the Endgame gear to push the keep lord.. who cares if they take zones they can't kill the king so there is no point to rvr and worry about the zones until people have the gear. This is not just my opinion its all over many many servers.

Heres a bit more information if you didn't understand how much PVE gear grind this game actually is. And how long before RvR actually is going to be needed.. When people are RR 60+ thats when RvR is needed until then people cant use the gear to kill the king. So why bother taking Keeps for crap renown and chance at gear when that will takes you months apon months to even hope to get a set to go further into endgame, where you can do scenarios to grind the renown you need and pve to get the gear alot quicker..

Right now RvR pools are a joke.. accept it, you are just fooling your self thinking otherwise.

Please Tell me iam wrong. because i wish i was.

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Lesser Ward, which is required for City High Level Dungeons and Fortress encounters. There are five pieces of armor in each set.

Bloodlord Armor Set

Found in: Bastion Stair <--------PVE

Requirements: Ranks: Ranks 37-39

Annihilator Armor Set

Found in: Tier 4 RvR <--------------PVP and PVE to complete the set.

Requirements: Ranks: Ranks 35-39 and Renown Ranks 31-35

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Greater Ward, which is required for both the Lost Vale and the City Invasion PQs. The Sentinel and Conqueror sets also provide the effects of the Lesser Ward. There are six pieces of armor in each set.

Sentinel Armor Set

Found in: City High Level Dungeons <--------- PVE

Requirements: Rank 40

Conqueror Armor Set

Found in: Fortresses <--------------PVP and PVE to complete the set.

Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 45-50

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both sets can be used in any combination to offer the Superior Ward, which is required for Sub-Boss PQs. The Darkpromise and Invader sets also provide the effects of the Lesser Ward and Greater Ward. There are six pieces of armor in each set.

Darkpromise Armor Set

Found in: Lost Vale <---- PVE

Requirements: Rank 40

Invader Armor Set

Found in: Invasion PQs <----- PVE

Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 55-60

The Sub-Boss PQs are the only means of acquiring the Excelsior Ward which is required for the King Fights. The Excelsior Ward includes the effects of all previous armor sets. There are seven pieces of armor in this set.

Warlord Armor Set

Found in: Sub-Boss PQs (in cities while contested) <--- PVE

Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 64-70

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sovereign armor set is the highest level armor set, and includes the wards from all previous sets. There are eight pieces of armor in this set.

Sovereign Armor Set

Found in: King Fight (in cities while contested) <------ PVE

Requirements: Rank 40 and Renown Ranks 73-80

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

The Age of Grind. To whoever hits 40, good luck.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

@ the OP...I just find this funny.  By chance, I just happened to notice another post you made.  Just yesterday you make a wise ass comment in the post below when someone gave their "I quit" thread.

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/209293/page/1

Just strangely funny...that's all.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Get in a guild.
    Put more than 2 people on your friends list.
    I never go into scenarios or open RvR alone because I've managed to form a circle of acquaintances I like to play with. I'm proud to say our side (order ofc) wins 95% of all scenarios when my gang is around - heroism, noble saciafice, coordinated play and all that jazz. In open RvR even if we loose we usually have oodles of fun playing hide and seek with destros and/or dying heroically with elves /special-ing on the battlements while the keep is burning and all is lost.
    Sorry but if you're not playing social then don't expect people to fall over their heels trying to be social to you.

Do you know if the original poster was in a guild or how many people were on their friends list? 

No, ok then please stop blaming the problems of the game on anyone who has a complaint.  Try addressing the issues posted and not the person posting them.  Yeah I know I am being somewhat of a hypocrite here and I apologize.

We all know by now that you live on a low population server and get instant groups all day long with endless RvR.  Great for you, but I think it is pretty obvious that you are not representative of the overall popualation since even Mythic has plans to address low server populations and incentives to do just about anything other than scenarios.

This whole method of posting your sunshine and rainbow land stories and then blaming people for playing the game wrong when you know nothing about them is getting a little tiresome.

Oh lol, I'm posting my stories of "sunshine and rainbow land" because this is the way I CHOOSE to play the game.

For example, outside of the prime time I wait 15-20 minutes for a scenario... However I don't find it catastrophic or irritating. Why? Because I actually play the game to enjoy myself and not to get disappointed on purpose.

I "wait" by actually playing the game. I take a few guildies or guys I stumbled into in PQs and go questing... or stealing RvR objectives... or a keep siege if any.  We have oodles of fun that way. And when the scenario pops we welcome it as a break from open RvR and PvE - it's great how the game puts you right back where you were before the scenario started. In fact I immensely enjoy how you keep changing pace during the game - some casual PvE questing with chitchat... a boss fight with fat loots... PvP match ... some stealth RvR-ing or a keep defense... and all in an hour and a half. Amazing. I really can't play for more that 2 hrs per day because I get overloaded with different experiences.

A different perception is needed here - instead of the game being a smorgasboard with everything ready for your pleasure at a moments notice you will get constantly surprised by the world that really is dynamic. You need to adapt to the world and not expect that the game would give you massive keep sieges just when you yourself feel like it. Each time I log in I have no idea what is waiting for me and I love it. There's so many times I've logged in just to check my AH and someone would yell - keep siege in T3 and I'm off somewhere on guard duty while the door is being battered down! or I'd go finish some solo quest in peace and get invited to tank a PQ boss ending up in a warband doing PQs one after another... or get all pumped about open RvR and ending up doing mt Gunbad or helping some people kill hero mobs to finish their armor set quest chains.

See? For example most of the people complaining about scenarios (and I agree that they ARE doing a lot of harm to open RvR and that it should be fixed, no argument here) gripe how it is just scenarios all the time and then... they gripe how they have to wait for them. I wonder do they know how is this game meant to be played? Or are they standing in warcamps fiddling their thumbs with chat off and waiting for the scenario to pop?

That's what I really don't understand - it's like complaining Tennis is bad Golf because you have to run all the time. Or how Golf sucks because you can't hit the ball properly with a tennis racket.

As for OP.. I can't fathom how anyone in a guild and with more than 2 players on their friends list could have problems he describes. I really don't. Maybe I'm just naturally outgoing and flexible enough to consider taking up everything the game offers to me. I don't know really. Could be I simply like this kind of unpredictability - being too stubborn will not get you too far in this game, like in real war tbh. A word of advice for open RvRers here - knowing when to quit is the key to victory. If the defense is too strong take your warband while it still exists and go somewhere else. Be flexible and surprise your opponent. Adapt, survive and conquer.

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

its funny because people really don't get that feeling until T4.. all these people posting from T2 and T3, yes we all had fun in those tiers it was great fun. That fun is gone once you hit T4 and you get a feeling of why am i playing this.... alot of people will soon be getting the "why am i here" feeling sooner or later unless something changes..

quick edit.

@ markoraos

Nobody is talking about Tier3. Sure alot say its grindy but its still fun with all the fights in the rvr pools. Tier4 is alot different when fighting rarly happens, And for the people that have been in T4 for along time and have finished their INF thru chapt 20-22 PQ's, and having nothing else to do but do serpents passage all day because thats the only thing going on.

What do you expect them to do. sure you can PVE, but alot of people dont want that.. They came to war to play a RvR/PVP game not to log on and PVE.. You can play WoW for a better pve experience. Not saying go play wow, but come on we want the epic RvR and pvp that should be in endgame.

• KukukachuKukukachu Member Posts: 24

Mythic will continue to make changes to the game to herd the mansheepigottahit40ASAPOMGWTFDPS people away from scenarios. I can see an xp, renown nerf coming for scenarios and I agree that I hate it that people grind scenarios, and half the people who do don't bother to work together.

However, I'm not quittin. I'm enjoying my archmage and engineer. My advice would to not be hasty in hitting endgame, as with all other mmos released, the endgame is gonna be dull for a while.

EQ2? people rushed to endgame, then sat around bitching and moaning about being bored.

Wow? people rushed to endgame, then sat around bitching and meaning about only having 1 raid. molten core.

LOTRO? people... well you get the idea.

• Jtrav1987Jtrav1987 Member Posts: 79

It really baffles me that people are bothered by lack of an immersive crafting system. In most other games there were those who looked upon crafting as a necessary evil, or simply a money making tool. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you think that crafting was even in Mythic's top ten most important factors while making WAR you're crazy.  If you're looking to craft all day try out EQ2, I've disliked crafting in every other game, but I did that more than lvl when I participated in the most recent trial for the game.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Oh lol, I'm posting my stories of "sunshine and rainbow land" because this is the way I CHOOSE to play the game.
    For example, outside of the prime time I wait 15-20 minutes for a scenario... However I don't find it catastrophic or irritating. Why? Because I actually play the game to enjoy myself and not to get disappointed on purpose.
    I "wait" by actually playing the game. I take a few guildies or guys I stumbled into in PQs and go questing... or stealing RvR objectives... or a keep siege if any.  We have oodles of fun that way. And when the scenario pops we welcome it as a break from open RvR and PvE - it's great how the game puts you right back where you were before the scenario started. In fact I immensely enjoy how you keep changing pace during the game - some casual PvE questing with chitchat... a boss fight with fat loots... PvP match ... some stealth RvR-ing or a keep defense... and all in an hour and a half. Amazing. I really can't play for more that 2 hrs per day because I get overloaded with different experiences.
    A different perception is needed here - instead of the game being a smorgasboard with everything ready for your pleasure at a moments notice you will get constantly surprised by the world that really is dynamic. You need to adapt to the world and not expect that the game would give you massive keep sieges just when you yourself feel like it. Each time I log in I have no idea what is waiting for me and I love it. There's so many times I've logged in just to check my AH and someone would yell - keep siege in T3 and I'm off somewhere on guard duty while the door is being battered down! or I'd go finish some solo quest in peace and get invited to tank a PQ boss ending up in a warband doing PQs one after another... or get all pumped about open RvR and ending up doing mt Gunbad or helping some people kill hero mobs to finish their armor set quest chains.
    See? For example most of the people complaining about scenarios (and I agree that they ARE doing a lot of harm to open RvR and that it should be fixed, no argument here) gripe how it is just scenarios all the time and then... they gripe how they have to wait for them. I wonder do they know how is this game meant to be played? Or are they standing in warcamps fiddling their thumbs with chat off and waiting for the scenario to pop?
    That's what I really don't understand - it's like complaining Tennis is bad Golf because you have to run all the time. Or how Golf sucks because you can't hit the ball properly with a tennis racket.
    As for OP.. I can't fathom how anyone in a guild and with more than 2 players on their friends list could have problems he describes. I really don't. Maybe I'm just naturally outgoing and flexible enough to consider taking up everything the game offers to me. I don't know really. Could be I simply like this kind of unpredictability - being too stubborn will not get you too far in this game, like in real war tbh. A word of advice for open RvRers here - knowing when to quit is the key to victory. If the defense is too strong take your warband while it still exists and go somewhere else. Be flexible and surprise your opponent. Adapt, survive and conquer.

I just pointed out that you chastised the original poster about getting a guild and enough friends without knowing the slightest thing about them and what do you do?  You turn around and generalize everyone with a a blanket statement that blames them for any problems in the game. 

It is impossible to take you seriously when make blind assumptions about people just so that you can blame them for any problem the game might have.

Reminds me of a certain game developer.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Agree with the OP. Having no other MMO left I am interested these days I will wait a bit longer, maybe what never happend in MMO will happen and they make useful changes BEFORE a year in misery is passed. Not that I really believe in it.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

I'm out.

Well, I'am all in ;)

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by Centhan

@ the OP...I just find this funny.  By chance, I just happened to notice another post you made.  Just yesterday you make a wise ass comment in the post below when someone gave their "I quit" thread.
    www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/209293/page/1
    Just strangely funny...that's all.

It's a friggin saying. You say that like "hey, and how are you?". Do you want to know how the latest prostate examination of that person was when you ask "hey, and how are you?", saying "Can I have your stuff?" does not at all reflect my position towards the game and if you had read more of my previous posts you would know that I got constantly more negative towards the game during the last 5 weeks.

And I was _really_ optimistic and positive during the first days.

M

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Meridion

ok guys, I know you don't care, nobody can have my stuff and I won't let the door hit me...

I'm out.

This game had an incredibly stable downwards curve in the fun department for me. I gave it more than 1 chance, changed classes two times, changed servers two times, leveled my current ex-character to level 35 and right now, the "what the heck am I doing here?" feeling kicks in.

The feeling you get when everything you hope to enjoy projects on the future. Large epic battles, yourself part of a community, non-asshats as companions, epic feel to the world... It's not there, it may be in the future. But I don't care. right now:

I log in and see a warcamp full of scenario grinders...

...nobody in this scenario cares if i heal, do damage or lay on the ground waiting for the timer to expire and grab my quest xp...

...nobody runs instances or achieves something together, occassional runs on the public dungeons, a little influence farming, no need to actually put any effort in because of the...

...dominating meaninglessness, everybody just tries to get his character up, no teamplay at all, because everything you could achieve, RvR wise, doesn't matter...

...it doesn't matter because you're not penalized for anything. So well, this is in fact...

...carebear wonderland, it's MORE carebear than LotRO and WoW combined, not even your equipment suffers from death, so you try to adapt and do things you'd guess would be in in a carebear game...

...and fail. Because there is no character customization except 18 colors for identical armor. No meaninful crafting, no clothing, no housing, you don't even have any kind of meeting spot which brings me back to...

...the warcamps, in which a bunch of idiots with idiot names try to sound like real pro players, and they don't need to behave, because they don't need anyone's help to play this game which leads me back to...

...meaninglessness; It's the very essence of this game. I know these games are meaningless by nature, but the moment you team up with people and achieve something together is when you actually become part of a group and get the feeling of doing something that matters, an effect that has not set in for over 1 month now.

So yea I'm out, and yes, I'm going back to EvE until Darkfall goes live, my corporation will welcome me open hearted and within 2 hours I will be a crucial factor in a combat operation that actually MEANS something.

M

For the most part, I agree with you. Playing it early on of course i was like WOOHOOO SO MUCH FUN. Now it's like "Why the frick am I logging on this game?"

It's almost become IMO paying $15 to play a game like Team Fortress 2. Everyone does the same scenario over and over. Try to do a different one your left waiting weeks to even get a que for it.

Lack of any Open RvR activity.... even with the increased gains of renown and exp. I swear Open RvR is great fun. Most fun i have had with a MMORPG EVER!... I can remember two weeks ago on my server... Tier 3 take over of Avelorn keep... shit load of order defending it..... shit load of destro knocking down the door.

I never seen so many players at once. I'm over-exaggerating but it seemed like 200 vs 200 people battling. Most of the time i'll roll with my guild and there maybe be 3 order defending at a given time :(

So it's left doing the crap PvE in the game and grind the same stupid scenario over and over and over ..... wishing you could always do the Open RvR greatness... like i explained.

I agree with another poster.. scenarios are killing this game. The RvR could be so much bigger and better, and overall more fun game.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Scenario XP and Reknown gain need to be toned down a bit, that way people aren't so crazy about grinding them.

What I would do is cut Scenario XP in half and keep RP the same. With the recent boost to XP from World RvR, cutting scenario XP would further increase the desirability of world RvR.

For people who still grind Scenarios, this change would have them maxing their RR in scenarios while their XP bar would be roughly half full. If they really want to level only via scenarios, they still can. However, for those who actually like the PvE game, but want to also keep their RR close to their BR, they could get their RR during half the leveling process and earn the rest of the XP out in the world.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• greydorgreydor Member Posts: 153

MJ has stated there will no XP or renown nerf in the part of the game the majority of the people are playing(scenarios)

that said i think  alot of people would not be in the scenarios if ORVR was a decent leveling option

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

I left before my free month was up, I just got bored of it :/

For a supposedly pvp centered game it feels like one hell of a repetative grind.  PVP is ok, but there just isn't a big enough population to sustain it and there are long queues for scenarios etc.

I think WAR would have done much better as a game similar to planetside, where there is no PVE and it's just all huge battles for control of areas.

I have gone back to wow for now and I'm seeing others who left for war slowly re-appearing there also :P

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

OP has echoed my thoughts as well. 

WAR, or ScenarioHammer as someone here once accurately dubbed it, is fatally flawed right now.  They need to make a new server that does not have any scenarios. I'm shelving the game until then or until something happens to drive people out of scenarios, which encompasses about .1% of the game content =/.  I really get bummed out thinking how fun this game could have been without these scenarios.  The PQs are such a great...wasted idea.  The RVR was tons of fun, when people actually played... even if it has its problems. 

The thing about ScenarioHammer is it absolutely requires an active population outside of the scenarios for it to truly play to its potential. (PQ, Keeps, group PVE)  That is just not happening right now. 

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Jtrav1987

If you're looking to craft all day try out EQ2, I've disliked crafting in every other game, but I did that more than lvl when I participated in the most recent trial for the game.

And that's what people are doing...leaving to play something else. What people fail to realize when they say things like, "QQ, go play something else noob, etc. etc." is that a large portion of MMO gamers DO enjoy doing other things like crafting, organizing their house, hiring vendors to put their wares on, etc.

So what happens when games like WAR offer nothing like that? They eventually end up in the closet, along with the stack of other worthless games that people don't play anymore because the world is empty.

So for all of you people who are telling people to leave, that's probably not a good idea because WAR is fatally flawed as it currently stands because there just isn't enough to do to keep a large portion of players happy. There are going to be a lot of empty servers shortly so perhaps comments like those won't help?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by Jtrav1987

If you're looking to craft all day try out EQ2, I've disliked crafting in every other game, but I did that more than lvl when I participated in the most recent trial for the game.

And that's what people are doing...leaving to play something else. What people fail to realize when they say things like, "QQ, go play something else noob, etc. etc." is that a large portion of MMO gamers DO enjoy doing other things like crafting, organizing their house, hiring vendors to put their wares on, etc.

So what happens when games like WAR offer nothing like that? They eventually end up in the closet, along with the stack of other worthless games that people don't play anymore because the world is empty.

So for all of you people who are telling people to leave, that's probably not a good idea because WAR is fatally flawed as it currently stands because there just isn't enough to do to keep a large portion of players happy. There are going to be a lot of empty servers shortly so perhaps comments like those won't help?

There already ARE a lot of empty servers.

Still I don't think the game will collapse, it has a strong IP and a polished appearance. Many may leave it, but as many keep grinding and going for that next rank, be it renown or regular. Also, with the huge item grind that's coming up now for the endgame, WAR will find its place within the grind-PvP crowd.

Only one thing is for sure, it will never reach the league of WoW populationwise. Some time ago I had a discussion about this, about WAR actually being a potential WoW killer. But it's not, it can't be, because it does not beat WoW at the things WoW is good at (world, PvE-raids, itemization) and is not outstandingly fun at the things they reevolved, like PQs and Open RvR.

So it's another quality title in a range of quality titles out at the moment, which are all pretty much playable but none has the perfect mixture to appeal to "everyone".

M

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

guys, the game just came out and i think it's doing really well for just coming out. Give it a year for people to get settled in, and the population will balance itself out.

WAR is only going to grow, regardless of what is said on the forums, its a great game, with great fun and it will attract a lot of people looking for WoW with more of an edge.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com