Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did I hear that pvp/rvr is coming to VG ?

If anyone has any info I would appreciate sharing it.Thanks.

Comments

• etwynnetwynn Member Posts: 219

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

One of the programmers said they're going to add PVP to PVE servers.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Lazzaro

One of the programmers said they're going to add PVP to PVE servers.

Can you get a link to this? The onlt thing I saw was the ability to copy characters to the PVP server, but nothing about PVP coming to the PVE servers.

• tariq071tariq071 Member Posts: 16

I hope that SOE knows what they are doing. Adding PvP to game that is originaly made exclusively as PvE could end up bad. EQ2 is example of it.

But, as long they move game forward i can take it as possible good move.

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

Here is your link to where Ikik the dev states they will be adding an area in Telon where we can PvP on the PvE servers.  No specifics available atm.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=40599

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

something like contested areas?Is it going to be faction-centered?

It's always nice to have PvP in games, but it needs careful balancing...

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Not sure if it would work or not, the pvp server has never been popular, people that play vanguard dont play it for pvp.

Personally I loved my rogue, it was the best designed rogue in the entire mmo industry in my opinion.

If they could garner get some people back into the game, Id be back in a heartbeat, as it stands however the pvp server is a graveyard not worthy of spending time in, or money on.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

PvP areas in VG with some sort of reward system would be a welcome addition.

They are going to offer free character /copy to the PvP server which means the population on the pvp server may get a good boost.

Whilst I rarely do pvp its good news for a lot of folks who do.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

I don't get this, you guys are happy about them putting PvP in a PvE focused game?

Just as someone said up there at the top, APW geared out PvP groups will dominate the playing field (unless they put in PvP orientated gear).

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Tonev

I don't get this, you guys are happy about them putting PvP in a PvE focused game?
    Just as someone said up there at the top, APW geared out PvP groups will dominate the playing field (unless they put in PvP orientated gear).

As long as the PVP is optional it will never bother me. Yes I wish they would concentrate on PVE, but as long as the PVP is never FFA then I am ok with it. As soon balance is changed for PVP that affects me in PVE is the day I cancel and mov on.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by Tonev I don't get this, you guys are happy about them putting PvP in a PvE focused game?

As long as the PVP is optional it will never bother me. Yes I wish they would concentrate on PVE, but as long as the PVP is never FFA then I am ok with it. As soon balance is changed for PVP that affects me in PVE is the day I cancel and mov on.

Doesn't bother me so long as its optional.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

The benefit I see to them adding PvP areas to the PvE server is now the PvP issues will affect all the servers and not just Sartok.  This in turn provides them additional justification to address PvP issues since it affects 100% of the players.

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Raav has a good point. And hopefully PVP does get some attention. It's been a year and a half and SOE has done jack crap for Sartok, the pvp server.

That said, optional PVP is not PVP - It's an arena or simply put, an open area to duel in.

Even in a RvR or factions based enviroment PVP can happen at any time. Making PVP optional  and allowing people to flag for it is pathetic. It's basically just a /duel system that you can turn on and not have to type /duel over and over.

Morever, SOE said they intend to allow PVE character copies to the PVP server. Not a transfer, but a copy. In other words pve people can just move over fully raid geared level 50's for winter wonderland fun and then go back to their PVE server for the 'serious' stuff and /copy again when they get a nice new piece of gear.

Silius (lead dev), Ellrya ( community relations) and Moonlight (Head GM) have been saying for a year and a half that they will NEVER EVER allow PVE transfers to PVP - Yet here they are, now allowing it. Some people might think that is good, but it's not. It permanently screws the balance by allowing geared players who leveled in the easy enviroment of PVE to invade a PVP sphere. Morever, it shows us that SOE has no real plans for PVP at all.

They are basically turning the only PVP server into a large arena. And then when they implementt the arenas on the regular PVE servers, that poor PVP server will be pointless.

Silius really is the worst thing to have ever happened to Vanguard. He makes or approves every dececison. He is a clueless tool. Sorry, but it's true.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by tariq071

I hope that SOE knows what they are doing. Adding PvP to game that is originaly made exclusively as PvE could end up bad. EQ2 is example of it.
    But, as long they move game forward i can take it as possible good move.

personaly I like EQ2 pvp better then most MMOs out there...  I think scenario pvp like warhammer has added to vangaurd would be awesome!

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

They need to do something with all the unused arenas they have scattered around the assorted towns and cities.

They went through the trouble of making them but not giving them any function.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Torak

They need to do something with all the unused arenas they have scattered around the assorted towns and cities.
    They went through the trouble of making them but not giving them any function.

They are doing that. They have worked on the big Island south of Targonor. I guess we will have to find out in the future what it mean for us now when they are done with the work on the trial island. The most great thing to notice with this is that this is not released in a GU.

Shores of Darkness

The KDQ wants you. An elite group within the organization known as Kamelott, Inc. has discovered an artifact believed to belong to an ancient race. The organization is now recruiting all adventurers to assist them in collecting information on the artifact and recover some property they lost on the way.

The KDQ is offering all adventurers a spot within their ranks and this spot comes with a full benefits package. So if you are brave enough, join the KDQ at Kamelott’s Landing in the Shores of Darkness.

• Help the KDQ investigate the strange artifact discovered on the forgotten battlefield.
    • Become an agent of the KDQ rising up the ranks as you gain faction and accomplish tasks unlocking new reward potential along the way.
    • A new camp where players can meet, group up, craft, browse the market, or store items in their bank.
    • Repeat the quests daily gaining faction and more chances at rewards.
    • Over 700 new equip-able items are available for those who help the KDQ.
    • A variety of new expendable potions.
    • A diplomacy slot item similar to the Isle of Dawn bracelet.
    • A new never released mount.
    • Some other rare and unique items.
    • New recipes.
    • The introduction of new item mods.
    • Healing Effectiveness
    • Healing Crit Chance
    • Healing Crit Amount
    • Flurry Resistance
    • Rage Resistance
    • Another chapter in the story of the Xennumet.  

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Tonev

Doesn't really matter, the Dreadknight will dominate any class, period.

I dont see why people jsut cant /duel someone else unless they feel like they need to gank someone with help from other people. Makes no sense whatsoever.

• JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

Druids/Psis/Shamans/Macros  run the pvp world on the server of sartok. 

Those of you that play on the server know this. Those of you thinking about making a toon on sartok; consider yourself warned.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by Trueth

Originally posted by Trueth

Raav has a good point. And hopefully PVP does get some attention. It's been a year and a half and SOE has done jack crap for Sartok, the pvp server.
    That said, optional PVP is not PVP - It's an arena or simply put, an open area to duel in.
    Even in a RvR or factions based enviroment PVP can happen at any time. Making PVP optional  and allowing people to flag for it is pathetic. It's basically just a /duel system that you can turn on and not have to type /duel over and over.
    Morever, SOE said they intend to allow PVE character copies to the PVP server. Not a transfer, but a copy. In other words pve people can just move over fully raid geared level 50's for winter wonderland fun and then go back to their PVE server for the 'serious' stuff and /copy again when they get a nice new piece of gear.
    Silius (lead dev), Ellrya ( community relations) and Moonlight (Head GM) have been saying for a year and a half that they will NEVER EVER allow PVE transfers to PVP - Yet here they are, now allowing it. Some people might think that is good, but it's not. It permanently screws the balance by allowing geared players who leveled in the easy enviroment of PVE to invade a PVP sphere. Morever, it shows us that SOE has no real plans for PVP at all.
    They are basically turning the only PVP server into a large arena. And then when they implementt the arenas on the regular PVE servers, that poor PVP server will be pointless.
    Silius really is the worst thing to have ever happened to Vanguard. He makes or approves every dececison. He is a clueless tool. Sorry, but it's true.

....but I do. You just choose not to comment on anything but the easy ones.

....and kamelot inc. is still gay as hell. If that is the extent of the VG developement team's creative juice it's a sad testimony indeed.

Goodluck with that Kamelot Inc. Does VG rip anything else off? Maybe a King Aurthur cloak, or a Merlin mount? Oh wait, they have a Siliussauris....I guess that is like a dinosaur named after Silius - Classy stuff.

lol? you quoted and responded to yourself?

• EveeldourEveeldour Member UncommonPosts: 143

lol guess he forgot to change accounts. slick