Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New CoS Web site look and information.

JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

We've changed the www.citadelofsorcery.com web site quite a bit, and more importantly, released some additional information on the game.  If you have been to the site before, when you get there make sure you refresh your browser to get the new graphics loaded correctly.

Check out the Game News section to see all that's new on the web site (or browse around).

Have fun.

Comments

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Yay! Looks great.

• TanqueTanque Member UncommonPosts: 46

I just read the whole lore and it made me feel like i was reading the best book ever.

• skipethskipeth Member Posts: 66

Thanks for the update.

Website - looks good.

Screenshots - Citadel seems to be coming along nicely.  I think you guys made an excellent choice in engines.  The lighting is fantastic!!

Lore - Fuck yeah!!  Much more complex and interesting than the standard Races of set A don't get along with Races of set B model of fantasy MMORPG.  I like how Morphael moved when the Eyes of Darkness had pushed the world into such Chaos that the Citadel was unable to mobilize forces.  Brilliant! 

Current state of affairs - I think it's awesome that we will be battling against the three most powerful entities in the world; the Demons, Morphael and the Eyes of Darkness.  Not to mention, we have to fight the Eyes of Darkness in secret lest she stop the Heroic Spirit Recycling program!

Jatar, a lot of things you've been hinting at make much more sense now. 

Originally, I thought that it was odd that you start as human, then you can change race later.  Now I see how it adds to the unique character development of the world. 

The Darkhalls is in the same world as the one world where the Citadel is built.  The lore mentioned that the Eyes of Darkness sends heroes to the Darkhalls to rescue more spirits.  Will we be able to adventure in the Darkhalls?  Will this be single instanced as the one world and the Citadel as it is not part of the reflected worlds?

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

Yes, the Darkhalls will be a destination of Fallen Heroes in the game (players). 

I'm glad you like the back story (Lore).  One important thing to remember, even though this is history, it is more important to Citadel of Sorcery than many other back stories are to other MMO games.  You cannot just read this and forget it.  Since history continues to unfold as you play, every part of this back story will become important.  Even your character comes from that history, for the Fallen Heroes you play  lived hundreds of years ago (originally), and that will come into play during the game in various ways.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I really like the site: the layout seems to match CoS perfectly.

Is there a chance that the article in Russia has an English translation version?

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by mike470

I really like the site: the layout seems to match CoS perfectly.
    Is there a chance that the article in Russia has an English translation version?

Maybe if you speak russian....

Sorry, no translation.  The magazine interviewed our CEO, and from that interview they wrote the article, so even we don't know what they had to say since we don't speak russian either.  I've seen one of those Google translations of it, but that's pretty rough and hard to understand.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I understand.

I look forward to seeing English articles in the future: it is nice to see CoS get some more attention (which it deserves) 

• noobzornoobzor Member Posts: 43

ect. that is to say you greatly and i mean greatly surpassed my expectations, and as you can tell from most of my posts i voted 10 out of 10 but now i think im more like a 1000 out of 10

huh? how can you get 1000 out of 10. anyways i cant wait for beta and alpha tests to be open. i swear that i will be ontop of that list if it kills me and it probably will to+=

i would join the team but i have no expeirince to help at all and i have only a little skill so i would get in the way.

man this is getting long and im tired .

i love the lore but i want more detailed description of the Races. (i asked a queston on your site regarding this)

also i love the "quests" in the game from the thing you guys wrote.  IM STILL GEEKING OUT ABOUT IT MUUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA

please update soon this is exactly what i needed to rekindle my hopes for this game because the forums were dying like people were losing interest now i feel like i can take on Morpheal and the dark eyes at the same time. okey i said way to much and i need to go to bed before i say somthing stupid. seeya all in the citidal.

• skipethskipeth Member Posts: 66

The hype-o-meter is showing 8.17 now versus the mid 6 score last week.  I think the new web site was a hit.

That would be nice... but it's just broken.  If you look at the Hype Meter link you will see that it is still the same.

The current 'real' rating is indicative of the 'infighting' of fans on this site, coupled with a 'Little boy who cried wolf' syndrome.  People don't want to beleive we can make what we say, because they have been told good things about games in development before.  The rating is what it is, and will remain so until people can actually play the game.  Then I would be dissapointed with a low rating.   

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

The lighting is beautiful. The quest system looks like it will be the most stimulating to date.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

• amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Jatar

I've seen one of those Google translations of it, but that's pretty rough and hard to understand.

I could offer you human translation if you point me to that magazine web page. Russian is one of the languages I speak.