Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DX10 looks great!

gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

It has to be said (and apologies if it has), but LOTRO in DX10 looks amazing.  Beautiful, and gives that little extra touch of immersion graphics-wise.  You might think that the shadows of trees falling accurately on your toon would be trivial, but actually it has a subtle but substantial and noticeable impact.  As does water - OMG the water!

My comp isn't absolutely top of the line, it's budget bang-for-buck, but it's got enough grunt to run DX10 on 64 bit Vista with 8 G ram operative, and it's as smooth as butter with all bells and whistles at decent resolution for my card and screen (1280x1024 on a GTS8800 320mb).  And it really looks great.

Kudos to Turbine.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I agree. LOTRO's DX 10 runs so smooth for me compared to other DX 10 games I tried, Call of Juarez, HGL, those two gave me fits trying to run smoothly and properly.

DDO gets DX10 graphics upgrade this week with Mod 8! So, I'm hoping DDO will look just as amazing as LOTRO does with DX 10.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.