Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

top 5 things you'd like to see

2»

Comments

• Lady_FeiLady_Fei Member Posts: 17

Interesting that alot of posts would like to see the game to be developed into what SWG used to be, and implement elements that were being suggested for SWG long before the NGE.

• pewtpewtpewtpewt Member Posts: 115

1) "Sandbox leveling" NO classes...just any skills, any combination, etc.

2) Freelancer-style space travel/combat

3) FFA PvP, full loot

4) Plenty of planets to land on

5) No auto attack, just 1st person click-attack aiming.

DARKFALL 09!

Apparently 08 didn't make it :(

Sorros of Forumfall.

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Lady_Fei
    Interesting that alot of posts would like to see the game to be developed into what SWG used to be, and implement elements that were being suggested for SWG long before the NGE.

While there are suggestions that run along those lines, no one is asking for a pure sandbox, where the player has absolute control over everything.

It seems most are just really looking for control of their character and to not be forced down a path in a game that they really have no interest in doing. Ex; forced to go into 20hour dungeons in order to get an item, instead people are asking for the ability to actually just purely be a crafter, or at least have crafting be a worthwhile expense.

When you can have such personal touches to a game such as player owned housing, or the ability to decorate your house/ship (whichever you live on), or the ability to spend hours upon hours simply crafting because its enjoyable; that is a game that you will not leave anytime soon. Not because its "Pre-NGE" shit, but because it allows you to get so much more involved in the game on almost a personal level.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

1) Leveless skill based system.

2) Crafter based, player driven economy.

3) Huge open seamless world with little to no instancing.

4) Player housing and cities

5) Make jedi and sith hard to obtain

and 6) CHANGE THE GRAPHICS. Make it look like the KotOR games, not the Clone Wars cartoon. Jeesh

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I'd rather have Bioware make the game they would like to play and not what I would want.  There are to many people with to many different ideas of what makes a good game.  There is no way to please all of them anymore.  Once upon a time people were happy to have an MMO at all where they can travel around with other real people.  Now it has to have x feature or y feature or I'm not playing it. :P

• sufi633sufi633 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Flyte27

I'd rather have Bioware make the game they would like to play and not what I would want.  There are to many people with to many different ideas of what makes a good game.  There is no way to please all of them anymore.  Once upon a time people were happy to have an MMO at all where they can travel around with other real people.  Now it has to have x feature or y feature or I'm not playing it. :P

i agree man... Bioware knows how to make a good game... we just need to let them do what they think is best...

Nonetheless... here's my top 5

1. Excellent single player experience (good story line... KOTOR lore)

2. RvR would be sick

3. Craftable weapons and armour

4. Really Really baddass sith

5. An enjoyable Star Wars experience

• theminoritytheminority Member Posts: 1

1 and 1 only:

not being able to choose jedi right off the bat, and not having any clear path of getting to jedi. It was the coolest part of SWG. No one knew if it was possible to be jedi until one person did it, jedi were actually a rarity and it was an event when you saw a jedi.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Originally posted by theminority

1 and 1 only:

not being able to choose jedi right off the bat, and not having any clear path of getting to jedi. It was the coolest part of SWG. No one knew if it was possible to be jedi until one person did it, jedi were actually a rarity and it was an event when you saw a jedi.

I hate to be rude but.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO.

This is the Era of the Old Republic. Jedi (and supposedly SIth too) are a common sight. There is no reason to enforce some retarded 'lock' on the class. None at all.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by star.buck

1 and 1 only:

I hate to be rude but.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO.

This is the Era of the Old Republic. Jedi (and supposedly SIth too) are a common sight. There is no reason to enforce some retarded 'lock' on the class. None at all.

I agree, making Jedi/Sith secret or unlockable characters is a horrible idea for a SW game in this time period. Unlockable characters would make it so they should be more powerful than the typical class which is a big no no for a MMO. Plus there's no real reason for it other than bragging rights, which I guess is what MMOs have pretty much boiled down to... virtual rat races, as if we don't have enough of that in real life.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

1 and 1 only:

In SWG Jedi was a special "super power class".

In TOK Jedi is a normal class just like the others.

Fits the time-era well. I just hope Bounty Hunters (if they'r in) get to hunt them like usual

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Sunrider

I'm curious as to what are the top 5 things people would like to see when this game finally goes live.
    For those of you thinking this is a perfect place to rant about hows its not pre-cu SWG, go somewhere else. It's not that I don't have any love for you, its just that this isn't the topic for it. This is about a NEW game.

1. Player Housing

2. Player Owned Shops; NO Auction House

3. POB Ships and Vehicles

4. In depth character creation system

5. True personalized character development (no cookie-cutter shit)

-and for good measure, scaled weapons that are larger then your hands

1. Meaningful Pvp

2. Fun and relevant crafting system.

3.  Innovative character creation/customization

4. Complete social/guild system

5. Ship combat

• neoubieneoubie Member Posts: 12

1. Available on console (Xbox 360, PS3)

2. PvP that uses cover and is not just a point and click combat

3. creation/customization/upgrade of Character/weapons/vehicles/equipment

4. Instead of player housing, Avatar should have ships to build with scanners/wepons/shields/hyperdrive/vehicles that can be stored in the ship, ect...

5. Epic story, so I want to come back again and again over the years

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by neoubie

Doubt it, latency on an MMO just won't handle this. 

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284
    Originally posted by Sunrider

I'm curious as to what are the top 5 things people would like to see when this game finally goes live.
    For those of you thinking this is a perfect place to rant about hows its not pre-cu SWG, go somewhere else. It's not that I don't have any love for you, its just that this isn't the topic for it. This is about a NEW game.

1. Player Housing

2. Player Owned Shops; NO Auction House

3. POB Ships and Vehicles

4. In depth character creation system

5. True personalized character development (no cookie-cutter shit)

-and for good measure, scaled weapons that are larger then your hands

1. Space flight and combat

2. In depth character creation system

3. True personalized character development

4. non-themepark universe (I dont need a sandbox, but the place needs to feel alive)

5. MINIGAMES!  Sabaac, holochess, podracing....minigames will help this MMO be different and more alive than the rest.

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284
    Originally posted by Kokushibyou

Originally posted by neoubie

Doubt it, latency on an MMO just won't handle this. 

That excuse is getting SO DAMN OLD!  AoC does it, DDO does it, FPSs that can get pretty damn massive have it.  I think Tabula Rasa has it too.  It's TOTALLY doable and has been done.  Latency is an issue for everything in an mmo, having situational awareness is not any more or less effected by latency as any other game system.

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

1).  They must capture the Star Wars feel (BioWare track record speaks volumes here)

2). Explorable ships, both personal and adventure-types.

3). Open worlds. Open space.

4). A storyline in which decisions matter.

5). skill-based advancement.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

1. Heroic crafting!

I should be forced to fight off waves and waves of MOBs every time I try to make something that isn't shoes!

2. Heroic player avatars!

I want my avatar to have heroic comming out its backside!  The hands should take up at least half the screen, and the jaw should take up the rest!  If I can see what I'm doing, it isn't anywhere near heroic enough!

3. A heroic UI!

The UI should give me an electric shock at any point I'm not trying to do something heroic!

4. Heroic equipment!

The equipment I loot from my heroic enemies should be massive and scream "HEROIC!"!  Really, as soon as I loot a piece of equipment, the game should beging playing a very loud screaming voice that says "HEROIC!"!

5. Heroic packaging!

The box the game comes in should punch me in the face for not being heroic enough to play the game!  This isn't a game for sissies, and there are very few people on this planet heroic enough to play the heroic game LEC and BioWare are making!