Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey SMEDLEY this is your chance!

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Not surprised,TOR isn't the sandbox some where expecting.

Top of that they want the player be the hero with guns and so.

Pretty sure the crafting system won't be as complex as SWG, nor will have player cities nor you could play an entertainer or a cook.

So how about we both forget the past and you bring back the Pre-CU servers?

Give me a small team, ;) let us start fixing major bugs, lower a bit the time sinks (shuttles wait time, and mind / wound healings). Lock the jedi system out of the game till we find an interesting and challenging way to unlock it, if ever, and bring Star Warsy content.

Pretty sure you'll get quite a bunch of dedicated players that way and some nice $$$ reports.

Comments

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925
    Originally posted by Deewe

Pretty sure the crafting system won't be as complex as SWG, nor will have player cities nor you could play an entertainer or a cook.

Give me a small team, ;) let us start fixing major bugs, lower a bit the time sinks (shuttles wait time, and mind / wound healings). Lock the jedi system out of the game till we find an interesting and challenging way to unlock it, if ever, and bring Star Warsy content.
    Pretty sure you'll get quite a bunch of dedicated players that way and some nice $$$ reports.

It is too late....too much time has passed now.   Others are already doing pre-CU and are making sure the annoying bugs and such from the SOE version are addressed.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407

I can't wait until my version has been updated.  I'm highly anticipating playing what most of the SWG vets seem to think is their magnum opus.  Hopefully you guys are right about it, but I still don't think that 200 people playing a horrifically huge game, will offer any realism :(

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Classic servers 2 years ago would have been a goldmine for SOE and LA.  With the degeneration of the industry many players who have graduated from WoW, EQ, and other linear games would have given it a shot.  It isn't far-fetched to think that 200,000 subs would have been unrealistic for SWG.

Today, with Darkfall around the corner, WAR, AoC, WoW, Fallen Earth coming soon, EVE Online, and a new Star Wars game to replace this one....

It's safe to say the window passed and opportunity no longer knocks.

I am pretty sure you will see more instances, probably with less frequency, and sometime in the next year or so the game will just go away.

LucasFilm probably wants the stigma this game has left on the industry to go away so people forget just how bad the PR for this game was and is, and games give The Old Republic a fair shot.

Tecmo Bowl.

• fluxenfluxen Member UncommonPosts: 40

They won't do classic servers now and even if they did they wouldn't fill them.  The best time to put them in would have been 2006 when it was obvious their dream sub numbers weren't going to appear but they chose to be stubborn and not risk admitting a mistake.  And no smedley apologising for a miscommunication error does not equal admitting to a mistake.

• dhouserdhouser Member Posts: 19

As someone who played SWG from lanch right up the the NGE, had my Jedi unlock after 24 profession pre-patch 9.  Even if SOE decided to roll back the servers to pre-CU, I would not come back.  I have no respect for SOE and by coming back and giving them money basicly means that they can treat people however they want and it does not matter.  I WILL NEVER GIVE SOE ANY OF MY MONEY AGAIN NOT FOR PRE-CU SWG OR ANY OTHER MMO THEY CONTROL.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Well get XNA and code you a Star Wars MMO PC-title because xbox code of the xna will only support 30 somthing players and make the damn game yourself.  Plenty of Tuturials for just making  a C# game using 3.5net framework. Make this godly Pre-Cu SWG type game and see how many people actually play it. Get a couple of your friends to be apart of your team.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

[quote]Originally posted by dhouser

As someone who played SWG from lanch right up the the NGE, had my Jedi unlock after 24 profession pre-patch 9. Even if SOE decided to roll back the servers to pre-CU, I would not come back. I have no respect for SOE and by coming back and giving them money basicly means that they can treat people however they want and it does not matter. I WILL NEVER GIVE SOE ANY OF MY MONEY AGAIN NOT FOR PRE-CU SWG OR ANY OTHER MMO THEY CONTROL.

24 not so bad I think it was 28 for me, I loved some but hated others...

I do understand your feeling, I don't buy anymore SONY products either!

Even it would be cool if they brought up Pre-CU server and had devs fixing them.

Originally posted by Goldknyght

Well get XNA and code you a Star Wars MMO PC-title because xbox code of the xna will only support 30 somthing players and make the damn game yourself.  Plenty of Tuturials for just making  a C# game using 3.5net framework. Make this godly Pre-Cu SWG type game and see how many people actually play it. Get a couple of your friends to be apart of your team.

You could be surprised how many would come back, even the most disgusted ones...because it's more than a MMO:

I don't agree with everything Ralph Koster implemented in SWG but he was truly a genious: he made a social game.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

You wont see Pre cu servers because Lucas Arts wouldn't allow them, they don't want things like spice in a star wars game anymore because the Star Wars universe is for kids now.

Originally posted by John.A.Zoid
    You wont see Pre cu servers because Lucas Arts wouldn't allow them, they don't want things like spice in a star wars game anymore because the Star Wars universe is for kids now.

/puke

Ah memories.

Still remember that very day when the spice killed me at the far end of Dathomir, only issue was... I was the only Doc in the group and mounts wheren't in game yet.

Well they camped while waiting me to come back. Still none of us where bored as they where chatting and so do I while making my way to them.

• XApotheosisXXApotheosisX Member Posts: 277
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

I know 10 people that would come back in a heart beat. and while i know what your thinking "Wow a whole 10", thats just 10 people i know that haven't played SWG since the NGE was implemented ... that would subscribe instantly. I know were not the only 10 people that feel that way.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

/puke

Ah memories.

Still remember that very day when the spice killed me at the far end of Dathomir, only issue was... I was the only Doc in the group and mounts wheren't in game yet.

Well they camped while waiting me to come back. Still none of us where bored as they where chatting and so do I while making my way to them.

Hahaha.  I remember the days before mounts.  Running to my harvestors was always good for a laugh.  I would go incap at least once every time I made the trek.

It still had a very cool immersion feel to it because I was all alone in the wilderness with reds all over the place.  Kept you on your toes and gave a very real sense of danger.

Tecmo Bowl.

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64

Unfortunately it will never be like the old days again. However, the least they could do is open up a classic server with pre-patch 14 or something.

Originally posted by phain
    Unfortunately it will never be like the old days again. However, the least they could do is open up a classic server with pre-patch 14 or something.

9 please no more ;)