Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why dont they remove the scenarios?

Instanced PVP, why have it? There are already open RvR areas with castles to siege. It is so weird to see most ppl grind scenarios while at the same time I always read how ppl hate instancing (and instanced PVP).

Finally a game again where you have PVE flowing into PVP and castle sieges. And the Public Quests where you compete with the other faction,sometimes starting PVP because of that. But not if most players are all the time in those bloody scenarios.

I find it silly, that people who would bash a game like Guild Wars because of its heavy instancing, play scenarios all day in WAR (which is nothing but instanced PVP).

Comments

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Game has ONLY character development as goals, no meaningful crafting, no housing, no exploration, open RvR doesn't mean anything for the PvE-grinding individual.

leads to

people wanna improve their character first and foremost

leads to

people choose whatever seems to be most efficient

leads to

people see that scenario is by far the most efficient way to gain XP and renown. In a regular win-situation you can gain up to 20000 XP within 10 minutes end level 20s. Nothing comes close, its the only way to bypass the horrible PvE grind...

M

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Personally I think scenarios are good for quick pvp when you only have 30 minutes to an hour to play.

Imo they should have the rewarded XP nerfed 50-75%.

Make scenarios an after thought to the game not the main focus.

I don't think they need to remove them, IMO they are fun to do when I don't have time to ORvR or run dungeons/Lairs and PQs with my guild.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815
    Originally posted by Meridion

Game has ONLY character development as goals, no meaningful crafting, no housing, no exploration, open RvR doesn't mean anything for the PvE-grinding individual.

leads to

people wanna improve their character first and foremost

leads to

people choose whatever seems to be most efficient

leads to

people see that scenario is by far the most efficient way to gain XP and renown. In a regular win-situation you can gain up to 20000 XP within 10 minutes end level 20s. Nothing comes close, its the only way to bypass the horrible PvE grind...

M

Strange I have a sense of exploration in every tier I have been in and the capital city I visited and the PQs I stumble upon and the scenarios I visit and the randon open world pvp battles I encounter -- funny I play the game you say has none of these things -- Oh and the other thing you fail to mention about WAR is that it is fun.  One other thing, the pvp in WAR -- best of any MMO to date.

Guess thats all for now.

• XenosaiyanXenosaiyan Member Posts: 215

yeah, it was a good idea but now it just seems pointless, very very pointless, because if you lose you need to gain the same experience as if you win, but the cache is you get good gear if you win, something like that....

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

Housing and crating? *sniff* *sniff* I smell a carebear

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

Exactly, carebear. Good that real games like Darkfall won't have crafting and housing... Oh wait, Darkfall will, I might pack one of the axes our craftsmen made and burn down your house, let you watch it, kill you, loot you and dance samba on your grave...

Carebear... my bony ass....

M

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

Housing will never be in the game.  What do you think Games Workshop will say if Mythic proposed putting dainty little houses in elf lands with nice little chairs and tables and a nice warm fireplace where we can eat crumpets and drink tea while La-de-da-ing with our friends?  Please.. the game is about war, not about being an interior decorator.  Housing is for sand-box games. 

Crafting is another matter.  You would assume that if a game is about WAR, there would be a LOT of crafting.  Not just potions and talismans.  Where is the armor crafting?  Jewelry?  Weapons?  Enchantments?  Maybe in future expansions.. I guess we'll have to wait and see.  It is very shallow right now.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

Scenarios are not going anywhere as far as I can see. Actually they should add more scenarios. Nobody wants to login and wait hours to get a group of players to take a RvR objective. It is good when you login at the right time, but that doesnt happen all the time. Scenarios provide that PvP fix for those that can not be playing the game 24/7.