Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With three remaining MMOs left this year which are you most interested in?

Three games left to release before the year ends.

The Chronicles of SpellBorn

Aion

Darkfall

Out of these three which are you most interested in and why?

Poll:

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Aion
    Darkfall
    Poll:

Aion will most likely be released in 2009, but im waiting for Aion and will try out spellborn

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Doh!!! forgot to add my pick.

Personally I think theres only one choice I highly doubt Darkfall or Aion will release before 09.

this is just my opinion of course and I am very much looking forward to all three once they release.

TCoS looks cool as hell, nice to see a new combat mechanic.

• LeojLeoj Member Posts: 98

Darkfall looks cool for my hardcore side...but I doubt it will be out soon and I've been following TCoS for like 3 years and it still looks incredible.  I really don't get the hype over Aion.  So TCoS gets my pick, just waiitng to get into beta :D

• Balkin31Balkin31 Member UncommonPosts: 224

I myself have gone back to single player games for now. It will probably be a year or so before I go back to another MMO... This was such a bad year for the MMO ....

So my vote is none for now.... BUT out of the 3 I think Darkfall has the best chance....

• pain2scarspain2scars Member Posts: 39

Darkfall...

Because it is a evolutionary game consisting of real-time FPS-style combat in the largest MMORPG world ever made. You are completely free of class and level systems, and can do whatever you want to. Explore a seamless world without any instances. All combat is 100% skill-based and you can attack anyone and anything anywhere, at anytime. Build amd craft all kind of things such as equipment, weapons, armor, ships, houses, and even cities. Hire NPCs as well. You can PvE and slay monsters, explore the world to find unknown ruins, dungeons, creatures,  treasure, and secret places of Agon. Join a clan and construct a city to build a kingdom. Build towers and walls to defend your city.  Declare war on your neighbors! Then build a Navy and invade them if you want. Besiege their city and capture it. Take part in epic battles at sea or on land, including fighting on mounts. And much more!

In Darkfall, you are free, completely.

Originally posted by pain2scars

Darkfall...
    Because it is a evolutionary game consisting of real-time FPS-style combat in the largest MMORPG world ever made. You are completely free of class and level systems, and can do whatever you want to. Explore a seamless world without any instances. All combat is 100% skill-based and you can attack anyone and anything anywhere, at anytime. Build amd craft all kind of things such as equipment, weapons, armor, ships, houses, and even cities. Hire NPCs to help you in your journeys. You can PvE and slay monsters, explore the world to find unknown ruins, dungeons, creatures,  treasure, and secret places of Agon. Join a clan to build a kingdom and declare war! Then build a Navy and invade your neighbors if you want. Besiege their city and capture them. Take part in epic battles at sea or on land, including fighting on mounts. And much more!
    In Darkfall, you are free, completely.

Your post reads like a darkfall campaign ad.

Anyway Darkfall got it.... noted

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Doh!!! forgot to add my pick.
    Personally I think theres only one choice I highly doubt Darkfall or Aion will release before 09.
    this is just my opinion of course and I am very much looking forward to all three once they release.
    TCoS looks cool as hell, nice to see a new combat mechanic.

Agreed I doubt Darkfall will release before years end as well, but it would kind of fit in with the way the've been so far not much advertisement/access yet much buzz so who knows.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

Spellborn...

Because the other two probably wont release before next year. And, because Aion is alittle to flashy for me, and because I dont trust the promises developers of Darkfall have made.

Only thing I fear about Spellborn, is that it is a small instanced world...

• pain2scarspain2scars Member Posts: 39

Aion
    Darkfall
    Poll:

Well, with all due respect OP, you did say and I quote "Out of these three which are you most interested in and why?" lol

I do apoligize for making it sound like an ad, but I wanted to make sure I got the points of why I am interested in it across. 

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

None. Because they all aren't in my intrest, only mainstream mmo im really looking forward too is SW:TOR which wont be out for a while, oh and did I also mention Jumpgate Evolution?

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

Originally posted by pain2scars

Aion
    Darkfall
    Poll:

Well, with all due respect OP, you did say and I quote "Out of these three which are you most interested in and why?" lol

I do apoligize for making it sound like an ad, but I wanted to make sure I got the points of why I am interested in it across. 

haha, yeah I know. I wasn't trying to flame you.

Just gave ya a poke for listing all the features of the game heh.

No worries I'm a darkfall fan also.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Aion
    Darkfall
    Poll:

I only see one game on that list that will definitely be out in 2008.  The other two will most likely be 2009 or later.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The Chronicles of Spellborn for me. Combat system sounds interesting and it doesnt have orcs and elves for a change. Aion's artstyle (Im not a particlewhore) and combatsystem seems boring to me.

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Aion
    Darkfall
    Poll:

I only see one game on that list that will definitely be out in 2008.  The other two will most likely be 2009 or later.

Well all three games have a 2008 target release, I agree though DF and Aion look like they may be here in early/Mid 2009.

• IndoIndo Member Posts: 252

Yeah waiting for Jumpgate Evolution here too

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Been waiting years for AION so thats my vote but it wont be here to mid 2009 at the earliest. I will try Spellborn when it comes but Darkfall does not intrest me at all.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

Darkfall is what I'm waiting for.

Might try TCoS if DF sucks or doesn't release.

• rafmeisterrafmeister Member Posts: 69

Well Aion has been saying early 2009 for almost six months at least now. I always got a chuckle at seeing the mmorpg still list it as a 2008 release.

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

Aion wont be out until 2009.

That said, i'm almost certain it will blow those other two games out of the water.  Almost all of the negative comments come from people who look at the Korean artstyle and immediately assume it's gonna be an Asian grinder.  If those people would've taken the time to read the many previews and hands-on coverage around the web, they'd realize that this is not true, and Western gamers have been surprised at how amazing and polished the game is when playing it at PAX or Leipzig.

TCoS battle system looks kinda lame to me from what i've seen of the beta footage, so i'm not really interested.

Darkfall's "sandbox" idea doesn't really appeal to me either, no does full player-looting.  Besides, I like my games to have a story, rather than aimless wandering around and clan wars.

• ZeppelinJ0ZeppelinJ0 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Gotta go with Jumpgate or Quantum Rise the new X-Pack for EVE :D

Why? Jumpgate looks great, one of my favorite games of ALL TIME is Freespace 2 and I really enjoyed the X3 series of games, and Jumpgate seems to combine the two of them together and place them in an MMO world.

The EVE X-pack simply because it's EVE and EVE is a wonderful game!

FFXI: Gauhar - Odin

• ShawkShawk Member Posts: 122

Darkfall..

It's the only MMORPG that has done something different in over 5 years.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Darkfall, although I was much disappointed finding out it has a minimap and a GPS. So much for hardcore.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Stargate Worlds.  Which choice was that again?

Originally posted by altairzq

Darkfall, although I was much disappointed finding out it has a minimap and a GPS. So much for hardcore.

I'm sorry but I find this funny actually.

You think a not having a minimap feature is hardcore?

I think the older MMO fans on this site are a bit too picky.

Whats next? all games are carebear since your avatar doesn't get deleted on death?

anyway back on topic.... Darkfall ..... check.

Originally posted by Zindaihas

Stargate Worlds.  Which choice was that again?

thats my next poll "what 2009 mmo interests you the most" 

I would vote earthrise for that one.