Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trading books to Goncourt

repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

I always trade books to goncourt in exchange for a random box that also gives you a book.. The problem is it is a random thing.. So you don't have tha chance to choose what books you want... It is just like buying 1k + book per box to goncourt... But they said it is very profitable because you got the chance to score some expensive books that worth 100k...

for you which do you prefer?? gamble with goncourt or buy expensive book in the market???

Comments

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

i prefer exchanging books for the same reason that i can always sell the books i don't need at the market. also, i keep the other books for my upcoming mercs. like if i still don't have a monk but i get the protect book, i keep it if i'm planning to get a monk.

• YuramikoYuramiko Member Posts: 176

I've received some books aswell that can be traded off some where, so where is this place? I'm not really quite familiar with the Atlantica world yet, since I haven't really search the whole map of the Atlantica world.

• wrathshieldwrathshield Member UncommonPosts: 39

In the end, I think you do much better working with Goncourt.

Last time I traded him 57 books - $57k gold

I got 10 ancient boxes - sold 4 of the adv books ($65k, $40k, $19k, $12k) - gave 4 to guildmates that needed them and kept two for future mercs.  I got 17 Medieval boxes and got quite a few Int books I could use immediately or save for my mercs (sold the rest but they end up being cheap $500-$1200).

Got 30 modern books - used a few on my new viking and artilleryman (still using Beg books) saved a couple for my Beast Trainer and I gave the rest away or am saving them to trade back to Goncourt again.

I probably made around $150k - $57 (Goncourt fees) =$97 net profit but that wasn't my goal it was to get skill books I could use and always fun to gamble.

Kinda like the gambler in Rome - last time in I gave him 20 Ocean boxes and he gave me 10 Angkor Wat boxes which is a first (I usually get maybe 4-5 for 20) so it was a pleasent surprise.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Yuramiko

I've received some books aswell that can be traded off some where, so where is this place? I'm not really quite familiar with the Atlantica world yet, since I haven't really search the whole map of the Atlantica world.

Goncourt is one of the wandering npcs as far as i know

• conqistadorconqistador Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by Karahandras

Originally posted by Yuramiko

Goncourt is one of the wandering npcs as far as i know

there is an npc named livingstoner somewhere in the vicinity of bucharest, go to him and pay 1000 and he will tell you the location of goncourt... you can auto-run to him and eventually you'll find him

if you dont want to pay 1k you can use the chat system and people are more than willing to help you out if they happen to see goncourt passing by.